Presentation on theme: "Collaboration The 35th General Congregation (2008) declared that the interprovincial institutions in Rome are among the five global apostolic preferences."— Presentation transcript:
Collaboration The 35th General Congregation (2008) declared that the interprovincial institutions in Rome are among the five global apostolic preferences of the Society of Jesus requiring ‘special or privileged attention’ as ‘a special mission received directly from the Holy Father’.
GC 35, Dec. 3, nr 38 5 Global Preferences of the Society of Jesus Africa (solidarity, effective support, justice) China (dialogue, encounter with God in Christ) the intellectual apostolate the inter-provincial institutions in Rome Migration and refugees
The inter-provincial institutions in Rome (GC 35) Are a special mission of the SJ received directly from the Holy Father. Ignatius: treat the missions from the His Holiness… as being most important (Const. 603) The apostolic preference of the universal Society
Inter Provincial Roman Houses’ (DIR) 12 + HQ The ‘Curia Generalizia’ The Central Offices of the Society of Jesus The Head Quarter of the SJ
(1) The Pontifical Gregorian University A university born out of the free classes given at a 'Collegio Romano' started by Ignatius in Now it offers degrees in ecclesiastical, religious and human sciences: Theology, Canon Law, Church History, Philosophy, Psychology, Social Sciences, etc 3000 students from 130 countries, from more then 800 dioceses, from 5 continents
(2) The Pontificial Biblical Institute The Pontificial Biblical Institute A university institute for higher studies in Sacred Scriptures and related disciplines founded in 1909 with a Research and Studies Centre in Jerusalem.
(3) The Pontificial Oriental Institute A university institute for higher studies in Theology and Canon Law of the Oriental Catholic and Orthodox Churches founded in 1917.
(4) Bellarmino The "Collegio S. Roberto Bellarmino„ A house of studies for Jesuit priests and brothers preparing for advanced academic degrees.
(5) Gesù The "Collegio Internationale del Gesù" A house of studies for young Jesuits preparing for the priesthood (first cycle)
(6) The "S. Pietro Canisio Residence" A residence for Jesuits working at Vatican Radio, Vatican institutions, OR an infirmary for the elderly and the sick Jesuits Hotel for visitors SJ and families
(7) The Vatican Observatory A centre of astronomical observation and research with two sites: Castel Gandolfo (Italy) Tucson, AZ (USA).
(8) The "Centro Aletti" An ecumenical centre of art and theology devoted to bridging Eastern and Western Christian traditions. Arte spirituale – p. Marco Rupnik SJ The main work – at Vatican the Redemptorist Mater Chapel
(9) The Pontificio Collegio Germanico e Ungarico Among the ‘Roman Houses’ are also 4 ‘Collegios’ entrusted to the Society. Those are Houses of Studies providing accommodation to diocesan priests and seminarians of various countries of the world who are engaged in studies in Rome.
(10) The Pontificio Collegio Pio Brasiliano
(11) The Pontificio Collegio Pio Latino Americano
(12) The Pontificio Collegio Russo (‘Russicum’)