We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byEmilia Leaders
Modified over 2 years ago
©2004, Patty Burke, Liz Arrington Entreprenuers Foundation Marketing Communications Roundtable Community Involvement: Internal Marketing Patty Burke February 1, 2005
– 2 – ©2004, Patty Burke, Liz Arrington Session Overview Why Community Involvement Matters Tips: Internal Messaging and Communications How To: Building Pride and Ownership
– 3 – ©2004, Patty Burke, Liz Arrington Why Community Involvement Matters EF CEO and employee survey show desired goals: Employee Motivation: –Outsourcing, offshoring create ‘us/them’ attitude –Employee passion and loyalty decreased; stock value, fears of lay-offs Improve Management Trust –Corporate greed and fraud suspicion –CEOs not respected as a category Team-building –Transient nature, cultural diversity of workforce – lack of cohesive sense of community
– 4 – ©2004, Patty Burke, Liz Arrington Why Community Involvement Matters 1. Consistent response from CEOs and employees: top benefit is employee motivation via improved company culture: –Sense of purpose, families together doing good things –Employee involvement, motivation, morale, retention –Team building, communication across levels 2. Employees perceive ‘Leadership’ as key benefit –Community involvement is a hallmark of a leading company –We look like a leader, CEO acts like a leader 3. ‘Giving back’ also consistently mentioned as employee motivation
– 5 – ©2004, Patty Burke, Liz Arrington Tips: Internal Messaging and Communications Keep it short Develop a program theme, ‘brand’ Repeat and reflect goals Show progress and plans Develop a regular update rhythm –Newsletter –Company meeting –Show CEO and executive support, but Must be ‘employee-driven’
– 6 – ©2004, Patty Burke, Liz Arrington Content: Building Pride and Ownership Focus communications content on employee and community impact –Sharing success stories and testimonials from participants –Sharing specific results from event or partnership –Demonstrating impact on larger needs of the community Internal Marketing is critical for program sustainability –Create a communications ‘loop’ –Build anticipation and expectation of ongoing success
The table group consulting partners official providers of patrick lencioni content Learning to Become a Motivational Leader 2013 NASACT Conference BUD.
Executive Leadership Roundtable SkyStream Community Involvement Program May 3, 2005 Jim Olson.
1 Time Warner Cable – Best in Class, Workforce Diversity Diversity and Inclusion Council and Workforce Diversity- It Works! Antoinette Johnson Manager,
2013 CollaboRATE Survey Results District Report. Vision and Values Leadership and Management Team and Work Environment Communication and Decision-Making.
Learning and Development CHAPTER 17 Developing leaders and managers.
Igniting your Economic and Social Impact through Cross-Sector Partnerships Society for Financial Education and Professional Development.
Diversity at Comerica Presented to: Leadership Detroit January, 2011.
Corporate Culture BSNS5600. Overview What is corporate culture? What are the benefits of a successful corporate culture? An adaptive corporate culture.
MEET THE TEAM Jason Forrest Chief Sales Officer and Chief Learning Officer Jamie Clark Certified Forrest Performance Group Instructor.
Growth Generation Leaders. Leadership Focus for the Growth Generation.
University wide internal communications Sue Hagues, Internal Communications Manager.
Cropley Communications PTY LTD - IABC international conference - Washington, D.C Employee communication surveys: An event or a culture? Adrian.
What is your Enactus pitch? Negative Recruiting Mentality Big School & Big City Small School Community College Time Commitment Recruitment Time is.
Human Resources The core of any business April 2014.
Identify, Develop and Retain High Performers EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT Sidney Cordero Classified - Internal use.
Opportunities / Challenges in Globalization May 2, 2014.
Long Range Strategic Plan Advocacy Maintain & enhance tax benefits for all ESOPs Maintain & enhance tax benefits for all ESOPs Maintain & enhance bipartisan.
Workforce stuff matters – NHS Event 2015 People need pride in their role and positive reinforcement Staff get weary of consultation but they want to be.
Overview of State Parks Staff Outreach and Public Workshops Parks Forward Commission December 18, 2013.
© Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer Managing Through Change.
CHAPTER 6 Teamwork. Why Do We Need Teamwork? Many hands make light work Sum of the whole is greater than its parts Use collective strengths, personalities,
Vision, Engagement, and Strategy The executive leader’s role in continuous improvement.
ALL CONTENTS OF THIS PRESENTATION REMAIN THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OF EDELMAN AND MAY NOT BE REPLICATED WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION Employee Insights from.
Team and Program Sustainability. Why Recruitment? Minimum of people per team More Human Resources = More significance presence on campus = More possibilities.
From Compensation and Benefits Review Jan/Feb 2000 Presented by Andrea Phillips and Alyssa Phillips.
Moving from Cost Center to Strategic Business Partner Clint Tripodi.
[NGO Name] Tata Steel Kolkata Marathon 2015 Add a striking picture on your first slide to draw attention Use your brands colors / imagery Use this slide.
CHARTING A COURSE PROCESS. WHAT ARE WE GOING TO COVER Context Realities of change Why change fails Change Process ScopeWhoWhyWhatHow Your situation Planning.
Advancing learning through service Tamara Thorpe Trainer | Coach | Consultant Region 2 NAFSA Albuquerque, NM.
Global Leadership Forecast 2011 Delaware SHRM April 10, 2012 The Talent Management Expert.
BY- Learnings from Nestle. About Nestle The world's foremost Nutrition, Health and Wellness company. It is highly profitable company Main Brands of Nestle.
Cedar Rapids Pioneer Group February 8, 2005 Dr. Susan Leddick.
Starting from Scratch Building culture, systems and traditions for the new school in Penhold.
Organisational climate and culture sustainability through employee engagement and customer experience causality DR ADRI DROTSKIE DR RICA VILJOEN 15 July,
Creating Positive Culture through Leadership (Recovery Orientation) Jennifer Black.
+ Internal Marketing at Ipsos MORI Kristen Cartwright MSc Marketing Communications.
ERG’s Employee Resource Group’s 1. INDEX A. Objectives Objectives B. ERG’s or What is a name ERG’s or What is a name C. Why ERG’s The Value Proposition.
CBI Health Group Manager Development Series Module 1 Generating & Maintaining Referrals.
Leadership and Great Places to Work The first step to making our schools a great place to work begins with Management evaluating their leadership ability.
Design as strategy Lockwood Resource. Design to differentiate Lockwood Resource.
W HAT S TARTS H ERE C HANGES THE W ORLD The University of Texas at Austin New Brand Strategy New University Brand Strategy Workshop February 28, 2011.
Customer Focus Module Preview This PowerPoint provides a sample of the Customer Focus Module PowerPoint. The actual Strategic Planning PowerPoint is 57.
1 Chapter 4 Developing and Sustaining a Knowledge Culture.
1 Global Volunteer Day Toolkit. 2 Contents Goal & Objectives 3 GVD Local & Global Strategy4 Associates as Community Leaders5 7 Steps for Successful.
© 2013 Praxis Consulting Group, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Tomorrow's Leaders Today: Investing in leadership development to strengthen business performance.
Building Sustainable Networks David Gosling Enhancing Student Employability Co-ordination Team.
15 in 3 Communication. What is the main message you want to impart? A communication plan for 15 in 3 has been developed to inform and engage staff Who.
Service Excellence & Competencies 21 February 2014 VPHC, Pontiac Land Group, 21 February 2014.
Copyright of Shell International May 2013 “BUILDING ENGAGING WORKPLACES TOGETHER” DIVERSITY & INCLUSION AT SHELL Deborah Green, Diversity Recruiter Colin.
T EAM B UILDING. Team Building Workshop: Day 1 Day #1 Current state analyses: Pyramid of effective team functioning Interview data re-cap Activities:
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.