Presentation on theme: "English 2p Agenda: Objectives: Students will be able to: Define 8 key terms and use them in sentences on four squares. HW: Benchmark tomorrow."— Presentation transcript:
English 2p Agenda: Objectives: Students will be able to: Define 8 key terms and use them in sentences on four squares. HW: Benchmark tomorrow
1. Humorous - adj DEFINITION: funny, Sentence: His joke was so humorous that I couldn’t stop laughing. Your turn: I knew that everyone thought ____________ wasn’t humorous because ____________________________.
2. authenticity - n DEFINITION: referring to the original, “real” Sentence: People often criticized Taco Bell’s authenticity when it comes to Mexican food. Your turn: Authors can create authenticity in their stories by __________________.
3. Laudatory - adj DEFINITION: expressing praise Sentence: Chris Brown’s new album received laudatory reviews that made people go bananas and buy it. Your turn: I don’t think _______deserves laudatory ________ for his or her _______.
4. Spatial order - noun DEFINITION: describes the arrangement of details in space Sentence: The spatial order of the essay made it easy to visualize the place the author was describing. Your turn: I chose spatial order to explain ___ because ____________________.
5. Unbiased - adj DEFINITION: free from all prejudice and favoritism; fair Sentence: You could tell that coach was unbiased because he didn’t always pick the “best” players. Your turn: It is important to be an unbiased __________ because _______________.
6. Incongruous - adj DEFINITION: lacking harmony; not compatible Sentence: The writing was incongruous because the paragraphs were so disconnected. Your turn: Incongruous papers are __________ because ________________.
7. Auditory - adj DEFINITION: relating to hearing Sentence: The student’s loud iPod has damaged his auditory nerve. Your turn: I fear that my auditory sense will become damaged if _____________.
8. Chronological - adj DEFINITION: time order Sentence: The timeline was in chronological order. Your turn: Directions should be chronological or else _______________.
Important BM words: 1. Credibility (n) 2. Synthesis (n) Answers: 1. Trustworthy 2. A combination (of sources, ideas, etc.)