Presentation on theme: "WELCOME TO CAPCSD 2014. American Academy of Audiology Bettie Borton, 2013-2014 President Torryn Brazelle, Management Director, ABA Lisa Hunter,"— Presentation transcript:
American Academy of Audiology Bettie Borton, 2013-2014 President Torryn Brazelle, Management Director, ABA Lisa Hunter, Chair of Board of Directors ACAE Doris Gordon, Ex Director ACAE WELCOME TO CAPCSD 2014
American Speech-Language and Hearing Association Elizabeth McCrea, President Shari Robertson, VP for Academic Affairs Arlene Pietranton, Chief Executive Officer Neil DiSarno, Chief Staff Officer – Audiology Margaret Rogers, Chief Staff Officer, Science & Research Loretta Nunez, Director, Academic Affairs & Research Education WELCOME TO CAPCSD 2014
President Cheryl Messick University of Pittsburg Treasurer Greg Lof MGH Institute of Health Professions NEWLY ELECTED BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEMBERS
Kenn Apel, Past President The University of South Carolina Sarah Ginsberg, VP Research & Academics Eastern Michigan University Mark DeRuiter, Treasurer The university of Minnesota
EBS Healthcare Educational Testing Service NSSLHA Pentax Medical SpeechPathology.com SPONSORS
1. UNDERWRITING REGISTRATION Since 2008 registration for the Conference has been $300 This year’s conference budget (based on n=425) is $526.59 per person……you do the math. Continued registration subsidies depend entirely upon CSDCAS revenue…specifics about that Saturday morning!
2. Alternative Models Leading to innovation in Education No …we didn’t forget that resolution ……more Saturday 3. Response to the White Paper on Supervision A Steering Committee of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists has been selected and is meeting here this week. AND SO MUCH MORE
Supporting mentored Undergraduate research. Creation of 10 new Ph.D. Scholarships …..details on Saturday 4. ADDRESSING THE PH.D. SHORTAGE
Several focus groups will be conducted at our CAPCSD conferences meeting this year. We are happy to provide space for these meetings to occur; however, they are not officially part of the CAPCSD conference nor do the topics being discussed in any way reflect CAPCSD policy or position.
All our presenters Thank you for sharing your expertise, talents and time Our volunteers The CAPCSD Board of Directors would like to thank the many volunteers who work tirelessly to improve quality, accessibility and innovation in Communications Sciences and Disorders in higher education. THANK YOU!!
Many thanks to all who completed the joint CAPCSD-ASHA CSD Higher Education Survey in December. Overall 87% participation 306 Total institutions 95% Clinical Doctorate in Audiology 92% Master’s Speech Language Pathology 91% Doctoral Research Programs 87% Undergraduate programs 56% undergraduate only CSD EDUCATION SURVEY 2012-2013
Academy Solutions American Academy of Audiology American Speech-Language-Hearing Association American Speech-Language-Hearing Association – Continuing Education American Speech-Language-Hearing Foundation Blue Tree Publishing Brookes Publishing Co. CALIPSO, LLC Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA/ASHA) CSDCAS, LLC CVI Security Solutions THANK YOU!!
Delmar, Cengage Learning HearUSA Jones & Bartlett Learning Master Clinician Network National Student Speech-Language-Hearing Assn. Paragon Development Systems (PDS) Pearson Plural Publishing Inc. SpeechPathology Inc. TyphonGroup –Healthcare Solutions West Love Ltd.
Kenn Apel Judy Vander Woude Mark DeRuiter Colleen O’Rourk Sarah Ginsberg Rich Folsom Carol Dudding Mary Hardin-Jones Lisa Scott THANK YOU CAPCSD BOARD
TOTALS 20132014 In-Progress applications, not delivered to CSDCAS 27063528 Total Applications in the system 877411246 On-Hold Applications (problematic apps) 3022 Audiology Designations 16051874 Speech-Language Pathology Designations 1447820826
CAPCSD Balance Sheet As of February 2014 ASSETS Checking - MAIN $58,473.26 Savings – MAIN $605,832.67 Total Current Assets $664,305.93 Fixed Assets - Equipment Accumulated Depreciation $-5,764.30 Equipment - Other $6,205.56 Total Equipment $441.26 Total Fixed Assets $441.26 Other Assets Vanguard Prime Money Market $98,375.41 Vanguard Short-Term Corporate $233,388.78 Total Other Assets $333,793.95 TOTAL ASSETS $998,541.14
1. UNDERWRITING REGISTRATION For the 2015 Annual Conference, registration will be $200.00 for early bird registration. Continued registration subsidies depend entirely upon CSDCAS revenue.
2. CONTINUING CLINICAL EDUCATION Charge: to design and develop the curriculum for a series of “train-the–trainer” continuing education modules for CAPCSD member programs to offer to their on and off-site clinical educators at no charge. Members of the "Betty White Hot" committee: Cheryl Messick Elaine Mormer Ruth Peaper Fillyaw Allison Scheer-Cohen Debra Schober-Peterson Danielle Varnedo another audiology representative tba
Grants to support investigation of outcomes of current and innovative models of education. Up to 3 grants funded at $5,000.00 ($15,000). A Committee has been formed….expect an RFP before by June 30. 3. INNOVATION IN EDUCATION MODELS
For emerging leaders Planned for the day and a half prior to the Annual Conference in 2015 There will be a limited number of places available ………….details coming in the early Fall 4. CAPCSD LEADERSHIP ACADEMY
Travel for Award and Honors winners 3 at $1,500 for travel 5. HONORS AWARDS RECIPIENTS TRAVEL
6. INVITED SPEAKER EXPENSES Increase budget for outside speakers at Conference (honorarium, travel, etc.). ($30,000 – current budget is $20,000
Mentoring program for undergraduates to encourage doctoral study. Funding of 5 undergraduate research awards with a graduate level faculty mentor to encourage students to pursue PhD. Up to $2,000.00 for per student and $500.00 for faculty mentor. Awards will be monitored for productivity. Project results will be posted on the CAPCSD website. Possibly of increasing the number of awards in the future. 7. SUPPORTING THE UNDERGRADUATE – DOCTORAL PIPELINE
Ten Ph.D Scholarships 2014-2015 $20,000.00 each Applicants must be ABD Nominated by academic program faculty One per program per year 8. PH.D. SCHOLARSHIPS TO ADDRESS THE PHD SHORTAGE