The whole structure of the passage Title: Destinations para1 Foreword Para2-5 Rio de Janeiro Para6-8 Kitzbuhel Scanning:
Para1 Q1: What is wanderlust? Q2:What are the destinations suggested ? How does the write give the suggestion ? It is the phenomenon to get the itch to travel. get /have an itch to do: for sth 有做某事的强烈愿望 / 渴望得到某物 have the desire to do
Q2:What are the destinations suggested? How does the write give the suggestion? Should you feel the urge to pack your bags and explore what the world has to offer, … If you should 1. should : 情态动词， “ 万一，如果 ” 1)If you should change your mind, do let me know. 万一你要改变主意，一定要告诉我。 2) 如果我见到他，我就告诉他。 Should I see him, I’ll tell him. 2. feel the urge to 感到有的迫切愿望 urge sb.to do /into doing sth. 力劝某人做谋事 get the itch to
Rio de Janeiro Para2-5 Para 2_______________ Para 3_______________ Para 4_______________ Para 5_______________ General introduction Downtown Rio Copacabana Carnival Fast Reading: What’s each paragraph mainly about?
Location Attractions People Para2 General introduction stretch itself lazily along the coast of the Atlantic Ocean in Brazil in South America modern mall, theme parks and beautiful beaches Cariocas: big hearts/ friendliness
Rio _________itself lazily _______the coast of the Atlantic Ocean stretches along
Downtown Rio-----the city’s _______& ________heart & the perfect place for a walk as well A walk through downtown is a history lesson & an adventure. many tall office buildings--- _______________________ Para 3 Downtown Rio culturalhistorical ? Downtown Rio is the city’s cultural and historical heart, if walking in downtown Rio, you can see some old buildings and churches … an important commercial city
Para 4 Copacabana--- known as ________________. Princess of the Sea 1. the most famous of all beaches 2. has a history of 100 years; 3. ____ &____ ___ _____ long 4. Visitors____________ _________can ________ in one of the …a venue. clean over 10 miles Why?(Describe the beach) who get tired of …sun cool off cool down of 厌倦 … get tired with 因 … 而疲倦 from
Para5 What is Carnival? a four-day festival to celebrate the sun
Kitzbuhel Para6-8 Para 6_______________ Para 7_______________ Para 8_______________ General introduction Downhill slopes Other entertainment Fast Reading
Austria Kitzbuhel Where is Kitzbuhel?---In south Australia.
Q1: What can tourists do in Kitzbuhel? Q2: What kind of place is Kitzbuhel? go skiing; try downhill slopes; watch downhill race; take a walk around a paradise for skiers ; good weather and breath- taking scenery; enjoy a variety of entertainment; a lively mix of old village … and …tourist area.
home to one of the most challenging and exciting downhill slopes in the world
Fill in the blanks. If you are looking for a _____ adventure and want to ______. You can go to Kitzbuhel. Kitzbuhel, which is ______ in southern Austria, is a ________ for skiers, and the breath-taking scenery there is very beautiful. Skiers ________ here once a year to compete in the downhill race. Should you have enough energy left after a day on the slopes, you can take a _____ in the pool, work out at the _____ or go dancing in the clubs. KITZBUHEL
Fill in the blanks. If you are looking for a _____ adventure and want to ______,You can go to Kitzbuhel. Kitzbuhel, which is ______ in southern Austria, is a ________ for skiers, and the breath-taking scenery there is very beautiful. Skiers ________ here once a year to compete in the downhill race. Should you have enough energy left after a day on the slopes, you can take a _____ in the pool, work out at the _____ or go dancing in the clubs. winter ski located paradise gather dip gym KITZBUHEL be located in is a paradise for skiers Kitzbuhel is a wonderful place for people who like skiing. Kitzbuhel If you are not too tired do exercise
Tell the meaning of “work out”in the following sentences: 1. Tom works out in the school twice a week. 2. It’s hard to work out this maths problem. 3. Things will work themselves out. 进行锻炼 算出（总数） 带来好结果；有预期的效果
How do you understand the phrase “ a feast for the eyes ” in the last paragraph? pleasant to look at 一饱眼福
True or False 1.Rio de Janeiro is Brazil’s second largest city. 2. Copacabana, perhaps the most famous of all beaches, is far away from down-town. 3. The best time to visit Rio is in March, but the biggest tourism season comes around June or July. 4. Cariocas are well known for their big heart and friendliness. 5.Rio de Janeiro is a paradise for skiers. 6. The good weather and breath-taking scenery make Kitzbuhel a world-class ski resort. 7.The world’s best and fastest skiers gather here twice a year to try their daring in the downhill race that every skier wants to win. only a few bus stops June or July March Kitzbuhel once T F F T F T F
II. Careful reading 1. Which of the following is right according to the passage about Rio de Janeiro? A. It is Brazil’s largest city. B. The city is in the center of the country. C. An exhibition in Rio gives you a history lesson and shows you an adventure. D. Rio is a commercial city with many malls and beautiful beaches.
2. We know that “Copacabana” is _______ in Rio de Janeiro. A. an attractive city B. a beautiful street C. the sea D. a famous beach D. a famous beach 3. All of the following except _______ attracts visitors in Rio. A. theme parks B. the princess of the country C. old building and churches D. Carnival, a four-day festival B. the princess of the country
4. Which statement is true according to the text? A. Rio de Janeiro is on the west coast of Brazil. B. The ski schools are very expensive in Kitzbuhel. C. the altitude of Kitzbuhel brings much snow every year. D. Copacabana was built one hundred years ago.
5. In the text, “we get the itch for traveling “ probably means ___________. A.We have enough time to travel B. we have a strong desire to travel C. we want to travel D. we spend so much time and money on trips
6. The best season for people to visit Rio is _______________ A.Spring B. summer C. autumn D. winter 7. What can visitors not do in Kitzbuhel? A.Swim B. Dive C. Dance D. Ski
8. Which of the following suggestions is reasonable for a Chinese who wants to travel? A.Going to Rio for the world famous festival,Carnival, in June. B. Having a walk in downtown Copacabana. C. going to Austria for the most challenging skiing in winter. D. doing nothing but skiing in Kitzbuhel.
3. I want to watch a ski race.3. I want to see the carnival. 2.I want to see the alps.2. I’m interested in history. 1. I love skiing.1. I like swimming. I would like to go to Kitzbuhel because I would like to go to Rio de Janeiro because KitzbuhelRio de Janeiro Which city do you like better? Rio or Kitzbuhel? Why?Work in groups of four. Post-reading
Pair work Work in pairs. One is the guide, the other is the traveler. Make up a dialogue to help the traveler choose one of the two cities to travel.