Presentation on theme: "HEAVEN “ Seldom it is, we speak of Heaven” (Niilo Rauhala)"— Presentation transcript:
HEAVEN “ Seldom it is, we speak of Heaven” (Niilo Rauhala)
SHZ 586b ● In heav’n above, in heav’n above / where God our Father dwells, / is boundless bliss and blessedness. / No tongue its beauty tells. / There face to face eternally / with all the saints our eyes will see / our Lord, the Lord of Hosts.
● In heav’n above, in heav’n above / what glory deep and bright! / The splendor of the noonday sun / grows pale before its light. / The saints there stand with shining crowns / beneath the Sun that ne’er goes down: / Our Lord, our Lord of Hosts!
● In heav’n above, in heav’n above / behold the countless throng. / The angels in His radiance clad / there lead the triumph-song. / The ransomed sing, and I by grace / will in that chorus have a place, / O Lord, O Lord of Hosts!
● In heav’n above, in heav’n above / no tears of pain are shed, / and nothing there can fade or die, / and sin and death are dead. / There, like an ocean, joy o’erflows, / and glorious our Redeemer glows, / our Lord, our Lord of Hosts.
● In heav’n above, in heav’n above / God has a joy prepared / which mortal ear has never heard / nor mortal vision shared, / which never pierced a mortal breast, / by mortal lips was ne’er expressed, / O Lord! O Lord of Hosts!
● In heav’n above, in heav’n above / where Jesus reigns o’er all, / and hand in hand the saints go in / the festive banquet hall. / Before the Bridegroom thanks they bring / and “holy, holy, holy” sing / to God, the Lord of Hosts.
● To that eternal song of joy, / my journey, Jesus, lead. / Oh, lift me soon from Zion’s flock / and take me home, I plead! / I’ll sing for joy: Amen! Amen! / For sin no more will sting again, / O Lord! O Lord of Hosts! Laurentius Laurinus 1622/rev. Johan Åström 1814, 1816 EWilliam Maccall 1868/rev. Alexandra Glynn 2008
SHZ 586 “In Heaven above, in Heaven above, Where God our Father dwells, Is boundless bliss and blessedness No tongue its beauty tells.”
Treasure Hidden in a Field ● Juhani Uljas writes: ● “Scripture speaks much about the reality of eternal life, but little about what eternal life is like.”
Your thoughts / vision ● Did anyone have negative thoughts? ● Were your thoughts mostly feelings? Did you have a clear visual image?
Apostle Paul: ● “...as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him” (1 Cor. 2:9). ● Paul continues: “But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God”(1 Cor. 2:10).
Galatians: 6:8 “...he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.”
Revelations Building materials: gold,clear glass Jewels: jasper,sapphire,chalcedony,emerald,sardonyx, jacinth,amethyst,and pearls. Jesus is the light, so no sun or moon are necessary.
SHZ 448 ● There are treasures for children in heaven above / who love Jesus and walk in His way. / Golden crowns and white robes they shall own on that day, / also harps which they joyously play. ●
● They shall walk on the way which is made of pure gold. / They shall sing with the angels so fair. / There the face of the Lamb they shall ever behold, / who for sinners was sacrificed here.
● They shall sit at the fountain of life which doth flow. / They shall feast on the blest bread of life. / No more darkness nor death will disturb as below; / there God always provideth the light.
● There the rivers of sorrow and grief cease to flow; / streams of comfort there endless will spring. / There the blessed, their anthems of praise to the Lord / in His bosom reposing, will sing. WAlbert Midlane 1859/Hymns Ancient and Modern 1868 FUnknown 1883/SK 1892/SLW 1916/rev. Oskari Heikki Jussila – SLW 1932, SRK 1961 ESHZ 1975
Acts 7:47-49 ● Stephen's sermon: ● “Solomon built him an house [of worship]. Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet. Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool.”
New Testament ● Kingdom of Heaven on earth ● John's vision in the Book of Revelations ● “a new heaven and a new earth—the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven” (Rev. 21:1,2). ● Rev. 22:1-5, 17
The Authority ● Who has complete authority and knowledge? ● “Lay up for yourselves treasures in Heaven” Matt. 6:20 ● “In my Father’s house are many mansions...” John 14:2
Heaven We won't have: Sorrow, sadness, pain, trials, temptations, and all bad things. “And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away” (Rev. 21:4).
● We will experience: eternal joy, bliss, happiness, peace, and all good things ● We will gain the victory by faith: “Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen” (Heb 11:1).
574b ● My beautiful home is in heaven on high / and there are my thoughts always turning. / This earth is so restless, how often I sigh! / My heart for my homeland is yearning. / No sorrow, no pain will accompany me / if death comes to take me, and I still believe; / the angels will take me from suff’ring.
● My journey on earth seems so far from my home / and filled with reverses and danger. / The heavens are misty and covered with gloom, / and I am alone, as a stranger. / The sunlight that shines on my way is obscured, / my travel is troubled by trials and tears, / and tormenters tempt me and haunt me.
● But comfort and joy and contentment I know / for Jesus is walking beside me; / He leads by the hand on the way I must go, / He chastens me often, and tries me. / He knows I am weak; O Lord Jesus, You know / I surely would drown in temptations and woe / if You sent no angels to help me.
● Beloved Lord Jesus, Your pity and love / constrained You to leave from Your Father; / You came down to earth, leaving glory above, / to rescue Your sisters and brothers, / and heaven You opened for wretches like me; / the cup of God’s wrath You accepted for me / and paid for my sins with Your life-blood.
● Oh, joy and rejoicing, Lord Jesus is mine, / though failing and poor my endeavor! / God’s Son is my brother, my keeper divine, / my friend and companion forever. / The world brings enticements to tempt on the way, / though harmless they seem, oh, how deadly are they! / They lead me away from my Jesus.
● My thanks and my longings my tongue shall relate, / for Jesus my pathway is showing! / He gave me these friends, my companions in faith, / who journey to where I am going. / Though earth many treacherous snares may contain, / may I with these brothers and sisters remain, / sustained to the end by the Spirit. WEdla Pöyry – Sanansaattaja 1876/SLW 1923 EHerman Brueckner 1932/rev. Alexandra Glynn 2008