Presentation on theme: "CcTLD.KH of Cambodia Presentation by DNS Administrator Kingdom of Camb o dia Nation Religion King."— Presentation transcript:
ccTLD.KH of Cambodia Presentation by DNS Administrator Kingdom of Camb o dia Nation Religion King
1. Background ccTLD “kh” was done on the establishment in 1997 of the Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications. ccTLD for.kh is belong to the Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications of Cambodia.
2. Registration Policies : The Policies for registration of Second and Third Level Domain Names under the TLD “KH” are as follows: * The requests for Second and Third Level Domain Names are generally accepted on a first-come-first-served basis.
2. Registration Policies : * The name must conform to the relevant technical Internet requirements. A domain name should ideally be between 3 and 12 characters long (longer names are possible), and contain only letters, numbers and hyphens(-). Hyphens must not be at the beginning or the end of the name. No spaces are allowed.
2.Registration Policies :. For “.com’’ Name : The company or entity that has the domain name identical to a trade name or company name registered with the Ministry of Commerce shall be the legal owner of that domain name regardless of who makes the request for that domain name first. If the both trade name and company name are registered then trade name shall take precedence.
2. Registration Policies : For “.org’’ Name : The organization or entity that has the domain name identical to a name registered with the Ministry of Interior or Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall be the legal owner of that domain name regardless of who makes the request for that domain name first. If the name is registered in both Ministries then the name in the Ministry of interior shall take precedence.
2.Registration Policies : Other name : For all other names the domain name will be offered on a first come first served basis.
3. Domain Structure : The Structure of ccTLD Domain Names -.com.kh for Commercial entities ( 268 ) -.edu.kh for Educational Institutions below the university level ( 30 ) -.gov.kh for Government Institutions ( 49 ) -.org.kh for Organization ( 63 ) -.net.kh for The Computers of network providers only ( 6 ) -.mil.kh for Military Institutions and -.per.kh for Personal Use ( 4 ).
4. Hardware and Software : One Server Using SUSE version 4.0 Have experiences with Red-hat Linux about 3 years. Still using BIND 4.0 Have not yet WHOIS for.KH.
5. Staff : Have only 3 peoples work in the team 1. One group is for DNS administrator which two peoples. 2. Another group is for technical setup which one people.
6. Fees: - The registration fee: USD 40 for one year -And renewal fee : USD 30.
7. Future Plan : - Increase a Cambodia Network Information Center to provide the Users IP Address -Multiple registrars -And cut down the registration fee and renewal fees.
Request to the workshop Provide a simple software program for WHOIS