Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presentation is loading. Please wait.

How? 1 staff member for every 2 to 3 people Staff Secondment & Volunteer Service Digital Inclusion Steering Group Quarriers Project Innovation Fund.

Similar presentations


Presentation on theme: "How? 1 staff member for every 2 to 3 people Staff Secondment & Volunteer Service Digital Inclusion Steering Group Quarriers Project Innovation Fund."— Presentation transcript:

1 How? 1 staff member for every 2 to 3 people Staff Secondment & Volunteer Service Digital Inclusion Steering Group Quarriers Project Innovation Fund

2 Evaluation – Key Findings Higher level of support wanted Desire to learn more Key activity in all members care plans 20% of members have started college as a direct result of coming to the club 45% of the members have purchased their own computer Remaining 55% want their own computer

3 Feedback I like meeting and talking with others in the club I enjoy coming along as it has given me a new lease of life on things I have always wanted to try Would not miss it The club has helped me a great deal a lot more than what you think I feel I can do more than what I thought I could do

4 Recognition and Support

5 Reaching Out Meet Chris Elliot who has Cerebral Palsy Pilot Technology Needs Assessment DVD

6 Barriers Lack of awareness of assistive technology The potential of the Internet? Fear of technology & what to buy? Cost of computers and broadband Cost of assistive technology Lack of funding and / or awareness of Limited staff time to support & train (Chris) Not viewed as a core support tool Limited training and support for Adult Disability

7 Solutions A Digital Inclusion Business Plan New support service (ACCESS IT) Introduction of Technology Needs Assessments Specialist Training for Staff and Adults with Disabilities (Stepping Stone Course)

8 Remaining Barriers Cost 1.Basic Computer 2.Broadband 3.Assistive Technology & Software 4.Staffing costs (Remploy) (?)

9 Looking to the Future

10 Thank you for listening We welcome any questions and feedback Diane Wright & Buddy Gallacher Tel: We are only limited by our imagination…


Download ppt "How? 1 staff member for every 2 to 3 people Staff Secondment & Volunteer Service Digital Inclusion Steering Group Quarriers Project Innovation Fund."

Similar presentations


Ads by Google