Presentation on theme: "Your Topic Goes Here Your subtopic goes here 1. When you sit down to eat, unfold your napkin and put it on your lap. When you’re ready to leave the table,"— Presentation transcript:
1. When you sit down to eat, unfold your napkin and put it on your lap. When you’re ready to leave the table, gather or refold your napkin loosely and place it on the side of the plate.
2. Forks are placed on the left of the plate, knives on the right (blade facing the plate), and spoons to the right of the knife. When there are several spoons, forks or knives, they are arranged in order of use. Always begin your meal with the utensils on the outside.
3. Take your time and eat slowly. Sit up straight and bring the food to your mouth, not your mouth to the food
6. If a host/hostess escorts you to a table, women go first and men follow. Otherwise, men lead the way and ladies follow.
7. The waiter/waitress will look at you when it’s your turn to order. Speak clearly and don’t change your mind after you order.
8. Don’t ever snap your fingers at service staff in a restaurant. 9. Wait until everyone at the table is served before you begin eating.
10.The napkin remains in your lap throughout the meal. Blot your mouth lightly and wipe your fingers as necessary. Place the napkin on the seat of your chair if you must leave during the meal At the end of the meal, leave the napkin to the left of your plate.