We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byTristan Cobbs
Modified over 2 years ago
What Am I? Vocabulary Review Geometry
1. I AM EXPRESSED IN SQUARE UNITS. A.VOLUME B.CIRCUMFERENCE C.AREA D.PERIMETER I KNOW THIS!
2. I AM THE DISTANCE AROUND THE EDGE OF A CIRCLE. A.VOLUME B.CIRCUMFERENCE C.AREA D.PERIMETER My friend will help me with this!
3. I AM THE AMOUNT OF SPACE INSIDE A 3-DIMENSIONAL SHAPE. A.VOLUME B.CIRCUMFERENCE C.AREA D.PERIMETER AWWK!!!
4. I AM THE SUM OF ALL THE SURFACES OF A 3-DIMENSIONAL OBJECT. A.VOLUME B.CIRCUMFERENCE C.SURFACE AREA D.PERIMETER I’ll dance my way to the answer!
5. I AM THE DISTANCE ACROSS A CIRCLE THROUGH THE CENTER POINT. A.RADIUS B.CIRCUMFERENCE C.DIAMETER D.PI or π The answer is in the box!
6. I AM THE SIDE OPPOSITE THE 90° ANGLE IN A RIGHT TRIANGLE. A.HYPOTENUSE B.CIRCUMFERENCE C.DIAMETER D.PI or π HELP!!!
7. I AM THE MEASURE FROM THE CENTER OF A CIRCLE TO A POINT ON THE CIRCLE. A.HYPOTENUSE B.RADIUS C.DIAMETER D.PI or π Take me away from all of this!
8. I AM A CLOSED PLANE FIGURE BOUNDED BY 3 OR MORE LINE SEGMENTS. A.HYPOTENUSE B.RADIUS C.PLANE D.POLYGON Maybe I can see the answer with these binoculars.
9. I AM THE DISTANCE AROUND THE OUTSIDE OF A POLYGON. A.HYPOTENUSE B.RADIUS C.PLANE D.PERIMETER I’m all charged up over this!
10. I HAVE A VALUE OF 3.14 A.HYPOTENUSE B.RADIUS C.PI or π D.PERIMETER This quiz is out of this world!
11. I AM ALWAYS MEASURED IN CUBIC UNITS. A.HYPOTENUSE B.VOLUME C.AREA D.PERIMETER I saved the best alien for last!
1. I AM EXPRESSED IN SQUARE UNITS. C. AREA
2. I AM THE DISTANCE AROUND THE EDGE OF A CIRCLE. B. CIRCUMFERENCE
3. I AM THE AMOUNT OF SPACE INSIDE A 3-DIMENSIONAL SHAPE. A.VOLUME
4. I AM THE SUM OF ALL THE SURFACES OF A 3-DIMENSIONAL OBJECT. C. SURFACE AREA
5. I AM THE DISTANCE ACROSS A CIRCLE THROUGH THE CENTER POINT. C. DIAMETER
6. I AM THE SIDE OPPOSITE THE 90° ANGLE IN A RIGHT TRIANGLE. A.HYPOTENUSE
7. I AM THE MEASURE FROM THE CENTER OF A CIRCLE TO A POINT ON THE CIRCLE. B. RADIUS
8. I AM A CLOSED PLANE FIGURE BOUNDED BY 3 OR MORE LINE SEGMENTS. D. POLYGON
9. I AM THE DISTANCE AROUND THE OUTSIDE OF A POLYGON. D. PERIMETER
10. I HAVE A VALUE OF 3.14 C. PI or π
11. I AM ALWAYS MEASURED IN CUBIC UNITS. B. VOLUME
Hope your quiz score was “out of this world!” Right on! We did it! Glad that’s over! Nap time!
Perimeter Rectangles, Squares, and Triangles Perimeter Measures the distance around the edge of any flat object. To find the perimeter of any figure,
CRCT Domain Review Geometry. Key Vocabulary Radius The distance from the center to the edge of a circle Half of the circle’s diameter Diameter.
Area (geometry) the amount of space within a closed shape; the number of square units needed to cover a figure.
Holt Geometry 1-5 Using Formulas in Geometry Warm Up Evaluate. Round to the nearest hundredth () 6. (3)
8 th grade Vocabulary Word, Definition, model Unit 2.
Chapter 9 Geometry © 2008 Pearson Addison-Wesley. All rights reserved.
CH. 8: GEOMETRY 8.1- PERIMETER AND CIRCUMFERENCE.
G-11 (1-5) Using formulas in Geometry I can use formulas to compute perimeter and area of triangles, squares, rectangles, and circles.
Circles Review 3 rd Grade Geometry. What is the diameter of a circle?
Warm Up Evaluate. Round to the nearest hundredth () 6. (3)
What is the “area” of a shape? The amount of space occupied inside the shape What is the “perimeter” of a shape? The total distance around the.
1.8: Perimeter, Circumference, and Area Part I. Today’s Objectives Solve for the perimeter or circumference of basic shapes Use the distance formula.
Holt Geometry 1-5 Using Formulas in Geometry 1-5 Using Formulas in Geometry Holt Geometry Warm Up Warm Up Lesson Presentation Lesson Presentation Lesson.
SECTION 9-4 Perimeter, Area, and Circumference Slide
Objective: To identify regular polygons. To find area, perimeter and circumference of basic shapes. Perimeter, Circumference, Area Name Class/Period Date.
Holt McDougal Geometry 1-5 Using Formulas in Geometry Apply formulas for perimeter, area, and circumference. Objective.
Holt McDougal Geometry 1-5 Using Formulas in Geometry 1-5 Using Formulas in Geometry Holt Geometry Warm Up Warm Up Lesson Presentation Lesson Presentation.
Jeopardy Geometry Circles 1 Triangles 2 Polygons 3 Formulas 4 Angles 5 Pot Luck
OAA Math Terms. y-axis the vertical number line in a coordinate plane.
Perimeter & Area Section 6.1. Perimeter The distance around the outside edges of any flat shape is called the perimeter of the object. Think of perimeter.
Rectangle A rectangle is a four- sided polygon (a flat shape with straight sides) where every angle is a right angle (90°). Also opposite sides are parallel.
Warm-up Pre-test. Perimeter, Area, Volume and Surface Area Review of vocabulary and formulas.
Holt Geometry 1-5 Using Formulas in Geometry Apply formulas for perimeter, area, and circumference. Target.
MCAS REVIEW GEOMETRY AND MEASUREMENT. CIRCLE FORMULAS Circumference is the distance around a circle. Both the circumference and area formula require you.
GEOMETRY 6.G.1 VOCABULARY Mrs. Thompson Level 1. Review Words Side: A line bounding a geometric figure: one of the faces forming the outside of an object.
GEOMETRY VOCAB By Vaughn, Kyle and Doug. Intersecting Lines -Two lines that cross over one another.
Finding Area Part 1: Rectangles Math 6. Objectives: 1.Find the area of right triangles, other triangles, special quadrilaterals, and polygons by composing.
Holt McDougal Geometry 1-5 Using Formulas in Geometry 1-2 Using Formulas in Geometry Holt GeometryHolt McDougal Geometry Section 1.2.
1-5: USING FORMULAS IN GEOMETRY. PERIMETER & AREA RectangleSquareTriangle P = 2l + 2w or 2(l + w) A = lw P = 4s A = s 2 P = a + b + c A = ½ bh.
Holt Geometry 1-5 Using Formulas in Geometry Warm Up Evaluate. Round to the nearest hundredth () 6. (3) 2.
Perimeter, Circumference and Area. Perimeter and Circumference Perimeter : The distance around a geometric figure. Circumference: The distance around.
Definition: A circle is the set of all points on a plane that is a fixed distance from the center.
Perimeter, Circumference, and Area 1.7 Ms. Verdino.
$100 $200 $300 $400 $500 $100 $200 $300 $400 $500 $100 $200 $300 $400 $500 $100 $200 $300 $400 $500 $100 $200 $300 $400 $500 $100 $200 $300.
11.6 Surface Area and Volumes of Spheres A sphere is a set of all points in space equidistant from a given point called the center. A radius is a segment.
Basic Geometry Vocabulary Review. Plane and Solid Figures Plane figure – a plane figure has just 2 dimensions – length and width. Solid figure – a solid.
Pythagorean Theorem, Perimeter, Circumference, Area ….
Perimeter and Area Please view this tutorial and answer the follow-up questions on loose leaf to turn in to your teacher.
By: Ana Zuniga 2 nd period. It’s the measurements outside of the shape. Formulas: Rectangle P= 2l+2w Square P= 4s math.about.com.
Geometry Perimeter The perimeter is the distance around a two-dimensional object. The perimeter of a polygon can always be calculated by adding all.
Perimeter Section 9.2. Two measures of plane figures are important: a.the distance around a plane figure called the perimeter or circumference b.the number.
Solid Figures Vocabulary. SOLID FIGURES 3 – Dimensional (3 – D) shapes 3 – Dimensional (3 – D) shapes They are made up of 2 – D shapes (squares, rectangles,
The Area and Componants of Circles. Free powerpoint template: 2 Circles Vocabulary pi or π (pi) Π is a mathematical constant with.
Holt CA Course Perimeter & Area of Parallelograms Warm Up Graph the line segment for each set of ordered pairs. Then find the length of the line.
Finding Perimeter and Area Review. Perimeter The distance around the outside of an object. 10 feet 8 feet 10 feet Perimeter = = 36 feet.
Objective: find the area of geometric figures and shaded regions. What area formulas must be memorized?
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.