Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presentation is loading. Please wait.

PA 25 Report Grosse Pointe Public Schools 2002-2003.

Similar presentations


Presentation on theme: "PA 25 Report Grosse Pointe Public Schools 2002-2003."— Presentation transcript:

1 PA 25 Report Grosse Pointe Public Schools

2 H o w Grosse Pointe Uses PA 25 What do we want kids to know, understand, and be able to do? How do we know if they learned it? What do we do if they haven’t learned it? What do we do if they already know it?

3 Five Goals To Meet By , all students will reach high standards in reading and math. GP MEAP results run approx. 47 percent above the state standard. No Child Left Behind/Education YES! Goal 1

4 By 2014, all limited English proficient students will become English proficient. GP has 67 students with limited English proficiency. No Child Left Behind/Education YES! Goal 2

5 By , all students will be taught by highly qualified classroom teachers. All GPPS classroom teachers are highly qualified by current standards. No Child Left Behind/Education YES! Goal 3

6 All learning environments will be safe, drug-free, and conducive to learning. State school safety report shows consistently safe environment. Largest # (64) of reported incidents was “minor in possession...” No Child Left Behind/Education YES! Goal 4

7 All students will graduate from high school. In 2003, 96% of seniors graduated. Remaining 4% are taking longer to graduate, moved, plan to complete HS at night or through GED, or have unknown reasons. No Child Left Behind/Education YES! Goal 5

8 Elementary School MEAP GPState Reading89%75% Language Arts85%60% Math85%65% Science93%77% Social Studies56%28% Writing71%47%

9 Middle School MEAP GPState Reading89%61% Language Arts88%58% Math76%52% Science85%65% Social Studies63%32% Writing80%57%

10 GPState Reading93%71% Language Arts91%64% Math76%52% Science82%57% Social Studies62%34% Writing82%50% High School MEAP

11 Other Required Data Dual enrollments H.S. attendance rate Graduation rate Dropout rate Parent Participation 5 95% 96% 1% 96%

12 Worth Noting All GP schools met the Michigan Adequate Yearly Progress Standard. Test results remain high with inclusion of special education students. Even with more students taking AP, ACT, and SAT, scores remain stable or improved. (Usually, the more students who take a test, the lower the average score.)

13 Following Through Comparing test scores from previous years, where possible. Analyzing the real meaning of the numbers. Looking for patterns. Studying gender discrepancies. Identifying emerging problems.


Download ppt "PA 25 Report Grosse Pointe Public Schools 2002-2003."

Similar presentations


Ads by Google