Presentation on theme: "What is Your Sex IQ? * On a sheet of notebook paper, number your quiz 1-10answer the following questions as True or False."— Presentation transcript:
What is Your Sex IQ? * On a sheet of notebook paper, number your quiz 1-10answer the following questions as True or False.
1) Today, most teens are still virgins at 15.
2) Most teens who have sex do it with someone they love
3) Most teens use contraceptives the first time they have sex.
4) Among teens who have sex, most use contraceptives every time.
5) Most teen pregnancies happen because contraception fails.
6) Most teens who get pregnant have been having sex for a long time
7) About 1 in 10 girls become pregnant at least once before age 20.
8) In most states, teens need their parents permission to get contraception.
9) Sex is the best way to prove you love someone.
10) Most teens talk about sex before doing it.
1) Today, most teens are still virgins at 15. TRUE! See, not everybodys doing it!
2) Most teens who have sex do it with someone they love True! Most teens believe that they are in love the first time…unfortunately, after some time passes and they have more relationships, most young adults realize what they felt was not true love.
3) Most teens use contraceptives the first time they have sex. True The first time most teens are pretty responsible
4) Among teens who have sex, most use contraceptives every time. False After that first time, many teens drop the ball later. Less than ½ of teens who use condoms say they use them every time. DUH!
5) Most teen pregnancies happen because contraception fails. False Sorry, but 7 of 10 teens arent using contraception when they get pregnant
6) Most teens who get pregnant have been having sex for a long time False Almost ½ of pregnant teens got that way within 6 months of losing their virginity
7) About 1 in 10 girls become pregnant at least once before age 20. True The rate of teen pregnancies has actually decreased for the first time in years, but way too many girls are still getting pregnant
8) In most states, teens need their parents permission to get contraception. False Most states have low-cost family planning clinics that welcome teens and can keep a secret
9) Sex is the best way to prove you love someone. False Sex is physical…love is just not that simple
10) Most teens talk about sex before doing it. False A little communication goes a long way toward preventing pregnancy, disease, and a broken heart. If you think that you are mature enough to do it, you should be mature enough to talk about it If you are too shy, then keep your pants on.
Myth: The condom is a foolproof method of birth control. Fact The condom is not foolproof. It has a failure rate of 4 to 15 per hundred women. Failures occur because of improper and/or inconsistent use. Occasionally the condom itself is defective. If intercourse is commenced before the condom is put on, sperm may have already entered the vagina in the pre-ejaculatory penile lubricating fluid. Failure to withdraw shortly after ejaculation may cause the condom to slip off. The condom can also break during intercourse.
Myth If I take a pill after intercourse I won't get pregnant. Fact To be an effective contraceptive agent, the pill must be taken as directed. The synthetic hormones present in the pill inhibit ovulation by suppressing the secretion of luteinizing hormone and follicle stimulating hormone by the pituitary gland. Taking the pill irregularly fails to suppress these hormones.
Myth If I ejaculate near the vagina but not inside, there is not danger of pregnancy. Fact There is some danger of pregnancy if ejaculation occurs outside but near the vagina. If enough moisture is present, the sperm can travel the short distance into the vagina and cause a pregnancy/stds.
Myth The withdrawal method is foolproof. Fact The withdrawal method has probably caused more pregnancies than any other "birth control". It simply does not work. Some of the penile lubricating fluid containing sperm can be deposited in the vagina long before withdrawal. In addition, ejaculation may occur in stages with the man being unaware that it has actually commenced; or he may not have the will-power to withdraw in time.
Myth I can't get pregnant the first time I have intercourse. Fact You certainly can. If your ovulating, you can get pregnant whether you have had sex before or not.
Myth Douching is an effective method of birth control. Fact Douching is not an effective contraceptive method. Immediately after ejaculation, sperm enter the cervix out of reach of any douching solution ~ the douche may even speed the sperm on their way. THE COCA-COLA DOUCHE IS NOT A GREAT IDEA EITHER!!!
Myth If a woman doesn't have an orgasm, she won't get pregnant. Fact It is not necessary to have orgasm at all in order to become pregnant.
Myth I can't get pregnant if we have intercourse standing up. Fact You certainly can. Positions during intercourse have nothing to do with contraception.
He "doubled up" on the condoms. Doesn't that provide twice as much protection? No. Actually, it increases the risk of one of them breaking due to friction.
Dear Abby, I have a man I never could trust. Why, he cheats so much. I'm not even sure this baby I'm carrying is his.
Dear Abby, I am a twenty-three-year-old liberated woman who has been on the pill for two years. It's getting expensive and I think my boyfriend should share half the cost, but I don't know him well enough to discuss money with him.
Dear Abby, I suspected that my husband had been fooling around, and when I confronted him with the evidence he denied everything and said it would never happen again.
Dear Abby, Are birth control pills deductible? Dear Kay, Only if they don't work
Dear Abby, Our son was married in January. Five months later his wife had a ten-pound baby girl. They said the baby was premature. Tell me, can a baby this big be that early? Dear Wondering, The baby was on time, the wedding was late... forget about it.
Dear Abby, I know boys will be boys, but my 'boy' is seventy-three and he's still chasing women. Any suggestions? -- Annie Dear Annie, Don't worry. My dog has been chasing cars for years, but if he ever caught one, he wouldn't know what to do with it.