Objectives SWBAT: with at least 80% of accuracy Apply basic trigonometric ratios to solve real life problems (FUN 28-32)(review) Solve word problems containing several rates, proportions, or percentages (BOA (28-32))
1.Mark bought 4 shirts at a clothing store. Four of the shirts were priced at 4 for $ 20.00. If the average cost of the 5 shirts was $6.00, how much did Mark pay for the fifth shirt? 2.In the figure below, points A, B, and C are collinear, and AB and BC are each 8 units long. If the area of triangle ACD is 40 square units, how many units long is the altitude BD ? D 8 8 A B C
3.If 4x –12 = 24, then x = ? 4. In _PQR below, ∠ PQR is a right angle; PQ is 7 units long; and QR is 9 units long. How many units long is PR ? P 7 Q 9 R BELL RINGE REVIEW
5. You are scheduling a new delivery route and you need to find out how long it will take a driver to complete the route. You start the route at 8:50 A.M. and finish at 2:05 P.M. How long does it take to drive the route? 6. The foreman at the plywood mill tells you to place sheets of plywood inches thick on top of one another to make stacks no higher than 6 feet. What is the maximum number of sheets of plywood that you can put on one stack?
7) The Zippy Lube business where you work printed coupons offering $8.00 off any oil change this month. An oil change costs $19.95 and a new oil filter costs $4.95. A customer comes in with a coupon and has you change the oil and filter. Before adding tax, how much should you charge the customer?
8. Your business processes electronic transactions for a web business, and you receive a commission equal to 4% of the total value of the orders processed. If your business processes a transaction of $2,400.00, what will your commission be?
9. The regular price of a pair of jeans was $52.You purchased the jeans on sale for $32. What was the percent of discount?
10.The price of new car is $23,450. A customer makes a down payment of 23%. How much would that down payment be?
11. The price of new car is $33,450. A customer sold the car to a friend for $30,000.What is the loss%
12.. A building was purchased for $16,000 and sold for $22,500. What is the gain %?
13. At the bookstore where you work, a dictionary that regularly costs $32 is 15% off. What is the sale price of the dictionary?
14.The hardware store where you work marks up the price of shovels 35%. You must price some shovels that cost $12. What price should you put on each shovel?
15. The price of new house is $244,450. A customer makes a down payment of 20%. How much would that down payment be?
16. To guard against a fall, a ladder should make an angle of 750 with the ground. a)What is the maximum height that a 20- foot ladder can reach safely? b) How far from the building is the base of the ladder at the maximum height?
17.If the distance of a person from a tower is 100 m and the angle subtended by the top of the tower with the ground is 30o, what is the height of the tower in meters
The price of new house is $244,450. A customer makes a down payment of 30%. How much would that down payment be? EXIT SLIP