Focus: if / whether that / what linking words 表语从句 : that, whether, as if, as though; who, what, which, whose; when, where, how, why, because 宾语从句 : that, whether, if, who, whom, whose, what,which; when,where, how, why 表语从句 : that, whether, as if, as though; who, what, which, whose; when, where, how, why, because
1. My concern is ________ English will be canceled ( 取 消 ) in College Entrance Exam in I like English so much that I’m afraid _____ the news will become true. 3. Though I’m not good at English, I want to know _____ I can improve it. 4. The Ministry of Education ( 教育部 ) is trying to find out _______ the false news came from and ____ spread ( 散布 ) the news. whether that how where who Shelly's concern is ___________________________. whether she will be out of work Tip 1 Choose linking words according to the meanings of the sentences. 假如失业了她能做什么。 what she can do if she is out of work.
1. I don’t believe _____English will be canceled in the Exam in As students, we should remember _____ English is still an important tool in the world. 3. Though I’m not good at English, I want to know ______ I can do to improve it. 4. Reading more is _____ we need to improve our reading ability. Tip 2 ： what 是连接代词，在名词性从句中充当成分, 如主语，宾语，表语 等。 that 是连词，在名词性从句中不充当成 分，在宾语从句中可省略。 that what
试一试：请你找出下文中五处错误的连接词并改正。 Whether English will be canceled in College Entrance Exam has become a hot topic recently. Some people think what English is not important in their daily life. They question whether English takes so high a percentage ( 比例 ) in the exam. Some provinces even tend to cancel it. As an international language, I think if English is still of great importance in the world. My concern is why our next generation can keep up with the pace of globalization ( 全球化 ) without English. In my opinion, the key lies in that we can do to find a way out, but not kill English completely. that why that how what
How to choose linking words? What are the differences between what and that? What are the differences between if and whether?
7. Why not try your luck downtown, Bob? That’s ______the best jobs are. A. why B. what C. when D. where
11. Police have found _______ appears to be the lost ancient vase. A.which B.where C.how D.what
12. A modern city has been set up in ______ was a wasteland ten years ago. A. that B. where C. what D. which
13. Part of the reason Charles Dickens loved his own novel, David Copperfield, was ____ it was rather closely modeled ( 仿照 ) on his own life. A. what B. that C. why D. whether