Presentation on theme: "Martin Luther King,Jr. Timeline of Martin Luther King Jr.'s Life: 1929Born on January 15, in Atlanta, Georgia 1948Graduates from Morehouse College 1953Marries."— Presentation transcript:
Martin Luther King,Jr.
Timeline of Martin Luther King Jr.'s Life: 1929Born on January 15, in Atlanta, Georgia 1948Graduates from Morehouse College 1953Marries Coretta Scott 1955Earns a doctoral degree 1956Dr. King's house is bombed
Martin Luther King, Jr. at Southern Leadership Conference in Atlanta
Martin Luther King, Jr. I HAVE A DREAM I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed. We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal.
I HAVE A DREAM I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and every mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plains and the crooked places will be made straight and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together. I HAVE A DREAM
This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with new meaning "My country 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the Pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring!" I HAVE A DREAM
And when this happens, when we let freedom ring, when we let it ring from every tenement and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day I HAVE A DREAM
when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old spiritual, I HAVE A DREAM
"Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty, we are free at last." I HAVE A DREAM
Answer the Questions 1. What day was Martin Luther King,Jr. born on? A. December 15 B. January 12 C. January 15 D. January 19
2. Where was Martin Luther King,Jr. born? A. Raleigh B. Atlanta C. Nashville D. Rocky Mount
3. The name of his speech in Washington D.C. was? A. I love people B. I have an idea C. Dreams are good D. I have a dream
4. How many children did Martin Luther King,Jr. have? A.7 B.4 C.2 D.1
5. Martin Luther King,Jr. went to the Southern Leadership Conference in what city? A.Raleigh B.Ashville C.Greenville D.Atlanta
6. What national holiday do we celebrate on January 15 of each year? A. BB King day B. Bill Cosby Day C. George Bush Day D. Martin Luther King,Jr. Day