Presentation on theme: "Unit 3 A day out Welcome to the unit New words ourselves greeting greetings president block foreign city pron. 我们自己 n. 问候 n. 祝愿语 n. 总统 n. 街区 adj. 外国的."— Presentation transcript:
TALK If Eddie has a day out, What do you think Eddie is going to do? Let’s have a look.
He is going to exercise. No, he is going to climb the hill. No, he wants to exercise but not to keep fit. What is Eddie going to do? Is he going to swim? Does Eddie want to keep fit? Questions
Language study: 1. I ’ m going ___________ (exercise), Hobo. 2.Are you going _________ (climb) the hill? 33.You need ___________ (exercise) and keep fit. 44.I want ___________ (exercise) but not keep fit. to exercise to climb to exercise
Language Practice Eddie wants to e_______ today. He says that he will c____ a hill. Hobo is very happy to hear that because he thinks that Eddie n____ to do that and k____ f____. But Eddie says he just wants to e_______ but not k___ f____. Hobo can’t understand it, so he f______ Eddie. To his surprise, he finds so much food like a h___ outside and Eddie is shouting nearby, “C____ on. Let’s enjoy o________. xercise limb eedseeps it xerciseeep it ollows ill ome urselves
Reading them aloud The Opera House is in ______, Australia. The _______ Bridge is in Sydney, Australia. The Eiffel Tower is in _____, France. The River _____ is in Paris, France. The White House is in __________ D.C., the USA. Sydney Harbour Paris Seine Washington
After reading the postcards, Simon is discussing with Amy about which foreign country he wants to visit. Which country does he want to go to? Read their conversation and answer the questions.
1. Which country does he want to go to? He wants to go to the USA. 2. Which city does he want to visit? He wants to visit Washington. 3. Why does Simon want to go there? Because he wants to see the White House there. Questions
词组互译 １．爬山 ２．需要锻炼 ３．保持健康 ４．玩的开心 ５．坐在塞纳河边 ６．美国总统 ７．带有一个大花园的房子 ８． 坐船旅行 climb the hill need to exercise have a good time=enjoy oneself take a boat trip keep fit sit by the River Seine the president of the USA a house with a big garden
词组互译 ( 二 ) 9. 路过悉尼歌剧院 10. 去埃菲尔塔顶 go past the Opera House go to the top of the Eiffel Tower
将下列句子译成中文： 1. 明天你打算做什么？ 我去参观白宫。 _______________________ tomorrow? I’m going to visit the White House. 2. 我在运动会上玩得很开心。 I ____ __ _____ ______ in the sports meeting. 3. 他们坐在秦淮河边的一家小咖啡馆里。 They are sitting in a _____ _____ _____ near the Qinhuai River. What are you going to do had a great time little coffee shop
4. 美国总统住在白宫里。 The ________ of the USA _____ in the White House. 5. 你需要锻炼来保持体形。 You _____ ___exercise to _____ ____. 6. 中国是一个历史悠久的国家。 China is a country _______ _____ _____ ________. with a long history Presidentlives need to keep fit
Unit 2 错题集 1. I spent less time working out the math problem than you. 2. He scored the fewest points in yesterday’s English exam. 3. we should do more things with less time and fewer people. 4. Your shoes are like mine. =Your shoes and mine are alike. I think they look the same.
5. There are more advertisements on TV than in the newspaper. 6. have a week off, do a bird count 7. many after-school activities, only half an hour of homework 8. mind opening the window, not at all 9. we have less homework than you (do). We spend less time on homework than you.
Unit 2 默写纸 1. height 5. social 11. smiling 14. pleasant 15 exciting 19 advice 短语 1. vote for sb. 2. the heaviest of the six students 3.sing for people 4. listen to people’s problems 5. help people solve problems 6. try to be kind to people 7. try/ do one’s best to do sth.
8. a social worker 9. be famous for 10. be as popular as she is 11. agree with sb 12. just moved to BJ 13. give me some advice 14. have problems with sth 15.general appearance 16. wear a smile on one’s face 17. bright and smiling eyes 18. have a good sense of humour 19. be willing to do sth 20. think of my closest friend
1. Diving is more dangerous than swimming 2. The fatter one of the two policemen is my father 3. Nanjing is the biggest city in Jiangsu. =NJ is bigger than any other city in Js. =NJ is bigger than the other cities in JS. 4. English is the second most important language in China. 5. Which is the most interesting film of the three?
6. She is one of the most famous singers. She thinks it is good to sing for people 7. who is better at playing the piano, Tom or John? 8. Diving is not as exciting as climbing. =Diving is less exciting than climbing So climbing becomes more and more popular 9. Don’t worry. I will try my best to give you some advice.
The sky is blue. Everything is beautiful. The sky is blue and everything is beautiful. The Golden Gate Bridge is interesting. The Golden Gate Bridge is wonderful. The Golden Gate Bridge is interesting and wonderful.
The pyramids are small. The pyramids look just like the real ones. The pyramids are small but look just like the real ones. The pyramids are small. The pyramids look just like the real ones. The pyramids are small. We are looking forward to visiting it. The pyramids are small but we are looking forward to visiting it. but
I will visit Paris by myself. My mother will show me around Paris. I will visit Paris by myself or my mother will show me around Paris. I will go to France by plane. I will go to France by train. I will go to France by plane or by train. or
Grammar using conjunctions:/and/but/or And : join similar ideas But : join different ideas Or : join possibilities or options similar different possibilities options When the two subjects are the same, we usually omit the second one.