1 Chronicles 29:14 “Everything comes from You, and we have given You only what comes from Your hand.” Every spending decision = spiritual!
2. God doesn’t NEED your money Matt. 6:19-20 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.“ Whatever you own, owns you!
“Above all else, guard your heart for it is the wellspring of all life.” - Proverbs 4:23
Matt. 6:24 “No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money." 1 Tim. 6:10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
3. You might be a slave to money if… You hate this message You hate this message You’re in debt You’re in debt You don’t tithe/give You don’t tithe/give You never tell yourself “no” You never tell yourself “no” Credit cards Credit cards Easier to get than to give Easier to get than to give No budget/plan for your money No budget/plan for your money
4. The tithe (10%) belongs to God Malachi 3:8-10 “Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me. “But you ask, ‘How do we rob you?’ “In tithes and offerings. You are under a curse—the whole nation of you—because you are robbing me. Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.”
5. The tithe goes to the local body where you’re “fed” spiritually Numbers 18:21 “I give to the Levites all the tithes in Israel as their inheritance in return for the work they do while serving at the Tent of Meeting."
6. The tithe is your best/firstfruit Genesis 4:3-5 “In the course of time Cain brought some of the fruits of the soil as an offering to the Lord. But Abel brought fat portions from some of the firstborn of his flock. The Lord looked with favor on Abel and his offering, but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor. So Cain was very angry, and his face was downcast.” Exodus 23:19 “Bring the best of the firstfruits of your soil to the house of the Lord your God.”
6. The tithe is your best/firstfruit Proverbs 3:9, 10 “Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops; then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.” 2 Chronicles 31:5 “As soon as the order went out, the Israelites generously gave the firstfruits of their grain, new wine, oil and honey and all that the fields produced. The brought a great amount, a tithe of everything.
7. Even God tithed! Romans 8:29,32 “For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers….He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?”
10. If you don’t budget, you can’t give without guilt! Financial Peace Seminar Saturday, April 16 @ 10:30am Budgeting Paying off debt/loans/credit cards Saving plan
11. When you give, you are most like God 2 Cor. 8:1-7
12. Money = supernatural seed! 2 Cor. 9:6-11 “Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”