Presentation on theme: "Wordlist 1 Searching for New Medicines مرکز مطالعات و توسعه آموزش علوم پزشکی."— Presentation transcript:
Wordlist 1 Searching for New Medicines مرکز مطالعات و توسعه آموزش علوم پزشکی
1. Cooperatively (adv.) Definition: working or acting together willingly for a common pur pose or benefit Synonym: accordingly, agreeably, alike, arm in arm, coincidentally, collectively, Example: All the staff at the library work cooperatively to solve the problem. Word Family: co·op·er·a·tive·ness, co-op·er·a·tive·ness, noun un·co·op·er·a·tive, adjective un·co·op·er·a·tive·ly, adverb un·co·op·er·a·tive·ness, noun
2. Conflict (v.) Definition:to come into collision or disagreement; be contradictory, at variance, or in opposition; clash Synonym:clash, combat, contrast Example:My class conflicts with my going to the concert. Word Family: con·flic·tion, noun con·flic·tive, con·flic·to·ry, adjective non·con·flic·tive, adjective pre·con·flict, verb (used without object) pre·con·flict, noun
3.Constantly (adv.) Definition: not changing or varying; uniform; regular; invariable Synonym: uniformly, continually, invariably, regularly, steadily Example: All conditions during the three experiments were constantly managed. Word Family: con·stant·ly, adverb non·con·stant, noun, adjective o·ver·con·stant, adjective o·ver·con·stant·ly, adverb o·ver·con·stant·ness, noun
4. Ease (v.) Definition: to mitigate, lighten, or lessen Synonym: alleviate, anesthetize, weaken Example: He takes a trip to ease the pain of his mother’s loss. Word Family: self-ease, noun self-eas·ing, adjective well-eased, adjective
5. Fortunate (adj.) Definition: having good fortune; receiving good from uncert ain or unexpected sources; lucky Synonym: lucky, advantageous, Example: a fortunate youngactor who got the lead in the play. Word Family: for·tu·nate·ly, adverb for·tu·nate·ness, noun qua·si-for·tu·nate, adjective qua·si-for·tu·nate·ly, adverb su·per·for·tu·nate, adjective
6. Identical (adj.) Definition :similar or alike in every way Synonym :alike, equal Example: The two cars are identical except for their license plates. Word Family: i·den·ti·cal·ly, adverb i·den·ti·cal·ness, noun non·i·den·ti·cal, adjective pseu·do·i·den·ti·cal, adjective qua·si-i·den·ti·cal, adjective
7. Implement (v.) Definition: to fulfill; perform; carry out: Synonym: administer, assign, exercise, exploit Example: Once in office, he failed to implement his campaign pro mises. Word Family: im·ple·ment·a·ble, adjective im·ple·men·tal, adjective im·ple·men·ta·tion, noun im·ple·ment·er, im·ple·men·tor, noun non·im·ple·ment, noun
9. Minister (v.) Definition: to administer or apply Synonym: serve, administer,aid Example: to minister the last rites. Word Family: pre·min·is·ter, verb (used without object) sub·min·is·ter, noun un·der·min·is·ter, noun un·min·is·tered, adjective
10.Miracle (n.) Definition: an effect or extraordinary event in the physical world th at surpasses all known human or naturalpowers and is a scribed to a supernatural cause. Synonym: marvel, phenomenon, portent, prodigy, rarity Example: It’s a miracle that his disease is cured.
11. Missionary (n.) Definition: a person who is sent on a mission. Synonym: promoter Example: A Missionary was sent to Illinois.
12. Priority (n.) Definition: highest or higher in importance, rank, privi lege, etc. Synonym: greatest importance, lead, order, precedence Example: National security was the president’s priority. Word Family: non·pri·or·i·ty, adjective
13. Remedy (n.) Definition: something that cures or relieves a disease or bodily disorder; a healing medicine, application, ortreatment. Synonym: cure, assistance Example: The doctor didn’t believe in home remedy. Word Family: non·rem·e·dy, noun, plural non·rem·e·dies. un·rem·e·died, adjective
14. Reside (v.) Definition: to live permanently or for a considerable time Synonym: live, dwell, inhabit Example: She resides at 15 Maple Street. Word Family: Residence, noun Resident, noun
15. Resistant (adj.) Definition: able to resist against something Synonym: immune, insusceptible, renitent, resisting Example: He used some heat-resistant material in the product. Word Family: re·sist·ant·ly, adverb an·ti·re·sis·tant, adjective, noun an·ti·re·sis·tant·ly, adverb un·re·sist·ant, adjective