We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byWilliam Matt
Modified over 2 years ago
Chemical Synthesis C6
H 2 SO 4 1.Name? 2.Name of a salt you can make from it.
3. Give the formula Carbon dioxide
4. Give the formula Sulphuric acid
5. Give the formula Calcium chloride
6. Which are solids? Hydrogen chloride Sulfuric acid Nitric acid Ethanoic acid Tartaric acid Citric acid
7. What is an indicator? 8. What is neutralisation? 9. What does this mean?
10. Acid + metal ? + ? 11. Acid + metal oxide ? + ? 12. Acid + metal hydroxide ? + ? 13. Acid + metal carbonate ? + ? + ?
14. What’s the salt? Sulfuric acid Magnesium
15. What’s the salt? Nitric acid Copper oxide
16. Name the apparatus
17. 4 ways to speed up a reaction..
18. Why does a reaction go faster when the acid is more concentrated? Particles crowded collisions frequent
19. What do you know about catalysts?
20. What does this tell you? Time (min) Mass lost (g) 20 o C 10 o C
21. Why are rates important in industry?
22. Which is the relative atomic mass? 12 C 6
23. Relative formula mass. This tells you the number of times a molecule is heavier than an atom of hydrogen E.g. Work out the Mr of CO 2.
24.The recipe bit … What mass of ammonia is produced from 14g of nitrogen? N 2 + 3H 2 2NH 3 Underline Molecules in x relative formula mass Same at both sides Keep the same units!
25. Percentage yield You expected 100 tonnes of ammonium sulphate but the actual mass was 25 tonnes. What was the % yield?
25 seconds left….. 24 seconds left….. 23 seconds left…..
Jeopardy Topic 1Topic Q 1Q 6Q 11Q 16Q 21 Q 2Q 7Q 12Q 17Q 22 Q 3Q 8Q 13Q 18Q 23 Q 4Q 9Q 14Q 19Q 24 Q 5Q 10Q 15Q 20Q 25 Final Jeopardy.
We will resume in: 25 Minutes We will resume in: 24 Minutes.
Synthesis and Analysis. Learn how to prepare a sample of an insoluble salt ( page 35 ) Learn to write a word equation for a precipitation reaction to.
GG Consulting, LLC I-SUITE. Source: TEA SHARS Frequently asked questions 2.
WEEK 1 You have 10 seconds to name…
Addition 1’s to
Title Subtitle 1. A. B. C. C. * D. Click to try again! INCORRECT.
Addition Facts = = =
ABC Technology Project Mrs. Kiddle. ABCs of Technology Word 1 Word 2 Word 3 Word 4 Word 5 Word 6 Word 7 Word 8 Word 9 Word 19 Word 20 Word 21 Word 22.
Squares and Square Root WALK. Solve each problem REVIEW:
Acids… Learning objectives: Know that salts are formed from reactions with acids. Know how to write correct word equations. Know what salts are formed.
DIVIDING INTEGERS 1. IF THE SIGNS ARE THE SAME THE ANSWER IS POSITIVE 2. IF THE SIGNS ARE DIFFERENT THE ANSWER IS NEGATIVE.
Chapter 5 Test Review Sections 5-1 through 5-4. Simplify each expression. 1)2) 3)4) 5) 6)
A SMALL TRUTH TO MAKE LIFE 100%. If A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z is equal to
Name that salt!. How many acids can you name? Match the name to the formula Hydrochloric acid Sulphuric acid Nitric acid Ethanoic acid HC l H 2 SO 4.
TIPS FOR ANSWERING LONGER ANSWER QUESTIONS Which command word is used? These tell you what to do. Explain, Describe, Discuss, Compare Check you know what.
1 Copyright © 2010, Elsevier Inc. All rights Reserved Fig 2.1 Chapter 2.
1. Name the salt made when these react… Magnesium + sulfuric acid
Business Transaction Management Software for Application Coordination 1 Business Processes and Coordination.
Test B, 100 Subtraction Facts
1. What does this symbol mean? 2. Sodium has this hazard symbol - what precautions should you take when using it?
By D. Fisher Geometric Transformations. Reflection, Rotation, or Translation 1.
Calderglen High School
Around the World AdditionSubtraction MultiplicationDivision AdditionSubtraction MultiplicationDivision.
You have been given a mission and a code. Use the code to complete the mission and you will save the world from obliteration…
Slide 1 Advanced Piloting Cruise Plot. Advanced Piloting Cruise United States Power Squadrons ® Part I Question 1 Question 2 Question 3 Question 4 Question.
Unit 20 Oxidation and reduction Activity 20.4 Investigating the action of dilute and concentrated sulphuric acids on metals / Reference in textbook: Section.
pH What is the pH of an ACID? Which type of OXIDE forms an ALKALI? Which type of OXIDE forms an ACID? What happens to the pH of an ACID when it is diluted?
Year 6 mental test 5 second questions Multiplication and Division Tables knowledge.
My Alphabet Book 2 a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z My name is Autumn and I work hard at school.
AN INTRESTING FACT If A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z is equal to
Making salts All Must: Be able to describe how universal indicator can be used estimate the pH of a solution and identify the strength of an acid. Most.
Metal Salts D. Crowley, Metal Salts To know how to make particular metal salts, and their uses To know how to make particular metal salts, and their.
PSSA Preparation. Question 1(no calculator) D Question 2 (no calculator)
Atom atom atom atom atom 1.True or false? Protons are in the nucleus.
Salts By Amy Badger. Acid + Metal = Salt + Hydrogen For example Sulphuric acid + Potassium hydroxide = Potassium sulphate + Hydrogen.
1 Unit 1 Kinematics Chapter 1 Day
MULT. INTEGERS 1. IF THE SIGNS ARE THE SAME THE ANSWER IS POSITIVE 2. IF THE SIGNS ARE DIFFERENT THE ANSWER IS NEGATIVE.
Acid reactions hydrochloric acid + potassium hydroxide potassium chloride + water hydrochloric acid + calcium hydroxide calcium chloride + water.
Chapter 13 How Cells Obtain Energy from Food Essential Cell Biology Third Edition Copyright © Garland Science 2010.
SIMOCODE-DP Software. Automation and Drives SIMOCODE-DP 3UF5 08/04 2 Protection Control Logic Communication SIMOCODE Software Communication Protection.
FACTORING Think unfoil Work down, Show all steps ax 2 + bx + c.
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.