We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byKyle Carrington
Modified over 2 years ago
1. Name the salt made when these react… Magnesium + sulfuric acid
2. Name the salt made when these react… Magnesium + nitric acid
3. Name the salt made when these react… Magnesium + hydrochloric acid
4. Name the salt made when these react… Zinc + sulfuric acid
5. Name the salt made when these react… Magnesium oxide + sulfuric acid
6. Name the salt made when these react… Magnesium hydroxide + nitric acid
7. Name the salt made when these react… Magnesium carbonate + sulfuric acid
8. Name the salt made when these react… Copper oxide + hydrochloric acid
1. Name the salt made when these react… Calcium carbonate + sulfuric acid
10. Name the gas made when these react… Magnesium + sulfuric acid
Acids… Learning objectives: Know that salts are formed from reactions with acids. Know how to write correct word equations. Know what salts are formed.
11/10/2015 Reactions of metals and metal compounds.
Acid reactions. Metals and acid reaction Example Magnesium Metal (Mg) reacts with Hydrochloric acid (HCl) to produce Hydrogen Gas and Magnesium Chloride.
Acid reactions hydrochloric acid + potassium hydroxide potassium chloride + water hydrochloric acid + calcium hydroxide calcium chloride + water.
pH What is the pH of an ACID? Which type of OXIDE forms an ALKALI? Which type of OXIDE forms an ACID? What happens to the pH of an ACID when it is diluted?
Making Soluble Salts L.O: To understand the terms soluble and insoluble and be able to represent the formation of different salts using word equations.
Calderglen High School
Acid Explosion Summary.
Acids and bases. acids Always contain hydrogen. Always contain hydrogen. Strong or weak acids. Strong or weak acids. Common properties Sour Sour Gritty.
Name that salt!. How many acids can you name? Match the name to the formula Hydrochloric acid Sulphuric acid Nitric acid Ethanoic acid HC l H 2 SO 4.
CHEMISTRY DEPARTMENT WAID ACADEMY Standard Grade Topic 9.
Reactions of acids Grade 10.
Bases S2 Chemistry Classifying chemicals and chemical reactions.
7.2 Making Salts What is made when acids and metals react? What is made when alkalis and metals react? 27 August 2015 Bonneville salt flats in America.
C3 Chemicals in Our Lives – Risks & Benefits Lesson 6: Reacting Alkalis.
Solubility Noadswood Science, 2012.
Making salts All Must: Be able to describe how universal indicator can be used estimate the pH of a solution and identify the strength of an acid. Most.
Salts By Amy Badger.
Salts Noadswood Science, 2012.
What is an oxide? An oxide is a Binary compound of oxygen and another element. M & O Oxides can be classified in two ways – Nature of Oxides Amount of.
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.