Presentation on theme: "Luxembourg By: Cole Harlan. Flag Government Luxembourg is a Parliamentary Democracy headed by a Constitutional Monarch. Executive power is exercised."— Presentation transcript:
Luxembourg By: Cole Harlan
Government Luxembourg is a Parliamentary Democracy headed by a Constitutional Monarch. Executive power is exercised by the Grand Duke and the Cabinet.
Population As of 2011 the estimated population of Luxembourg is 511,840.
Capital The Capital of Luxembourg is Luxembourg City.
Economy Luxembourg has a very strong and stable economy. In 2011 the estimate Per Capita Income was $120,560. Luxembourg is also ranked 4th highest on the Quality of Life Index.
Major Religions It is estimated that 87% of Luxembourgers are Roman Catholic. The remaining 13% are made up of Protestants, Eastern Orthodox Christians, Jews, Muslims, and those of no religion.
Major Industries Some of the major industries in Luxembourg are: Banking & Financial Services Information Technology Telecommunications Cargo Transportation Engineering Iron & Steel Tourism
Natural Resources The two major natural resources in Luxembourg are Iron Ore and Arable Land.
Holidays & Festivals January 1 - New Years Day February 15 - Carnival April 25 - Easter Monday (2011) May 1 - May Day / Labor Day May 13 Ascension Day May 24 - Whit Monday (2011) June 23 - National Day August 25 - Assumption Day November 1 - All Saints Day December 25 - Christmas December 26 - St. Stephen’s Day