Presentation on theme: "Our View Points for Effective Approach to Unify the Diverse Networks on WIS Session 2.3 Industry, 7 November 2006 Oriental Electronics, Inc. Kyoto, Japan."— Presentation transcript:
Our View Points for Effective Approach to Unify the Diverse Networks on WIS Session 2.3 Industry, 7 November 2006 Oriental Electronics, Inc. Kyoto, Japan Present Speaker: Yuji Hayashi Technical Conference on WMO Information System (TECO-WIS) in Seoul, Republic of Korea
Contents of Presentation 1. Brief Introduction, who we are 2. Our Viewpoints to Design the WIS Terminal System in Focusing on NMC 3. Our Technical Strategy to Toward the WIS Design for NMC 4. Our Prospects and Directions 5. Practical Design Policy on WIS for NMC 6. Our Technical Approach 7. Conclusions
1.Brief Introduction, who we are Company and Its Objectives A Small Company since 1973 in Kyoto, Japan R&D, Designing, Manufacturing of Computer H/W, S/W and Measuring Instruments and Systems related to Meteorology & Hydrology Business and Products Meteorological Instruments and Systems Satellite Ground Station, Weather Doppler Radar Information Network and Processing Systems Activities and Customers Private and Public Utility Business related to applications for Meteorology and Hydrology Working for Domestic and International broad markets Expert Team Specialized in Electronic and Meteorology
2. Our Viewpoints to Design the WIS in Focusing on NMC Hardware Interface Level Physical Circuits and Virtualized Specifications Network Connectivity Level Communication and Encryption Protocols Data Format Level Sharing Common DB Resource with Metadata basis Data Processing Level Data Compressions, Analysis and Visualization Output Products Level Geo-Referenced Grid & Images in Common DB Our proposed key issues to consider
3. Our Technical Strategy to Toward the WIS design for NMC (1/3) Long-Term Scope of View Ensure to Guarantee Long Term Compatibility Long Life and Stable System Operations Pursue Lower Life-Cycle Operating Expenses The Premise of Mixed Systems with Incoming (New) and Outgoing (Old) Anti-reality of all system renewal at once Renewal will be phase-enforced according to the budget or the framework by gradually Important Prospect for Designing the System
3. Our Technical Strategy to Toward the WIS design for NMC (2/3) Reliability and Economic Viewpoint Use advantages of industrial de-fact standard technologies Employ the Commercial-off-the-shelf and State- of-arts base technologies and products Flexibility Points of View Continuous reforms of the technologies Devices are almost expendable supplies today Realize easy modifications and/or expansions based on Modular Design Technique Important Prospect for Designing the System
3. Our Technical Strategy to Toward the WIS design for NMC (3/3) National and International Standards and WMO Recommendations Considering Efficiency of National Standards Future prospect to ensure efficient measures and correspondence of data exchange Avoids data incompatibility for future Future prospect to ensure efficient standardizations and correspondence on various data sources Important Prospect for Designing the System
4. Our Prospects and Directions Long-Life and Lower Operating Cost The suitable method to build the system is to employ well proven design with standard H/W and S/W components wherever available to procure. It can allow stable operations and low operating and maintenance costs as well as initial leading cost. Flexible Configurations for Various Network Services and Equipments Make allowable various intermixed age of devices managing as a common virtual communication and processing equipment and devices Important Factors on the New WIS System
5. Practical Design Policy on WIS for NMC Key Factors of System Design Policy Must be Simple to Develop Software Modules Reusable coding elements Common structure and method of data handling Must be Simple to Define Must be Easy to Implement and also Maintain Must be Reliable, Stable and High Performance Must be ready for the future technology too Must supports both present and future data Must be Incrementally Expandable by NMCs Important Features on the New WIS System
6. Our Technical Approach (1/2) Modular Design Concept Design concept based on the layer partitioning can parse system physics into number of simple logical components in accordance with virtual models. This commonality leads to minimize complex structures and maximize independency of modules. It can realize easy modification updates and lower life cycle operating costs as well as leading time. It also enables to save the on-going cost and time of support, maintenance, operations and so on. Important Concepts of System Design for NMC
6. Our Technical Approach (2/2) Virtual Standard Design Concept Standard interface between layers with virtualized processing concepts Compatible (virtualized) operating procedures even on different equipment or devices Common data format based on Standard Metadata Common data handling methods over various data, raw data, processed data and even final products Partially Replaceable only necessary module Accept future equipment and data to be employed Important Concepts of System Design for NMC
7. Conclusions The basic design of WIS systems The WIS Network will consists of coexistence on an MSS based system with integral Internet Technology Employing Standard Internet Technology Layer Model Concept to Provide Virtual Components Corresponding to the Physical IP Networks The system can use any standard Internet protocols over an ISO/OSI based link connectivity Establishing Network Security Policy The WIS network should always keep isolated from Commercial Internet access by the protocol as IPsec Developing Steps and Outlook Contents
What We recommend Now! Employ Standard IP Protocols We trust to a de-fact standard protocol instead of WMO unique specs in order to reduce labor and risk. Develop Physical Device Interfaces There are various WIS network interfaces. Most of them can be virtualized with developing logical I/F handlers. Develop Application Modules if needs We can develop the best suitable protocol to the WIS Network depending on the mission needs. Popular existing protocols can also be employed for the purpose. Use Internet Structural Protocols Modular Concept can be realized based on the standard protocol. Individual physical conditions can be virtualized and standardized by logicalized concepts.
What We recommend for Next! Realize the Virtual World We should go to the virtual world instead of considering individual physical conditions on the real networks. Independent from Individuals No longer individual world should be necessary if we follow the virtual standard models. Observation Sites exist in the DB We can only see in the Database to use Meteorological data. Everything is stored in the Relational Database. Use RDBM with no special condition Easy to access and valuable data source will be there based on the common and simple DB access procedure.
THE END Let ’ s Move to the Real WIS design! Succeeding to the next phase…. Oriental Electronics, Inc.