We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byDaniella Fearon
Modified over 2 years ago
HOUSE OF USHER READING PART I
1. What is the narrator’s name? a. Roderickc. none given b. Hamiltond. Charles
2. What is Usher’s first name? a. Roderickc. none given b. Hamiltond. Charles
3. What is his sister’s name? a. Annabellec. Virginia b. Helend. Madeline
4. The narrator has come to see Usher to: a. help him write a book b. have his portrait painted c. diagnosis and cure his illness d. cheer him up
5. Who does the narrator meet on the stairs as he goes to Usher’s rooms? a. Usher’s sister b. Usher’s doctor c. Usher’s usher d. Usher’s housekeeper
6. How many times has the narrator seen Usher’s sister so far? a. 1c. 3 b. 2d. 4
7. How long have the narrator and Usher been friends? a. a few monthsc. since childhood b. a few yearsd. since college
8.. What does Usher do during the day? a. sell real estatec. paint b. design churches d. write novels
9. What does Usher believe is causing his agitation and will eventually kill him? a. depressiond. the house b. brain tumord. cancer
10. What word does the narrator frequently use to refer to Usher? a. phantasmagoricc. madman b. hypochondriacd. genius
11. To what has Usher become sensitive? a. lightc. smell b. soundd. all of these
12. Which word would best describe a student who is constantly asking the teacher questions? a. precipitousc. prostrating b. vivaciousd. importunate
13. Which word would you use to describe someone who really has little personality and is quite boring? a. munificentc. unobtrusive b. insipidd. wan
14. Poe directed writers that in order to write well they needed to first decide what they wanted the piece of writing to have on the readers. a. effectc. climax b. conflictd. theme
Reading Quiz Part II Fall of the House of Usher. 1.Usher places his sister’s body in a vault because. A. he wants to embalm her B. his sister's doctor.
The Craft of Revision Inside of a Personal Narrative 1Writing Unit 3 - The Craft of Revision Inside of a Personal Narrative.
5.9 + = 10 a)3.6 b)4.1 c)5.3 Question 1: Good Answer!! Well Done!! = 10 Question 1:
The Fall of the House of Usher By: Edgar Allan Poe.
Slide 1 Insert your own content. Slide 2 Insert your own content.
Teacher Name Class / Subject Date A:B: Write an answer here #1 Write your question Here C:D: Write an answer here.
1 Risk: Diversifiable or Not? A test from the Wall Street Journals front page.
Addition 1’s to
Test B, 100 Subtraction Facts
Critical Analysis. What really happens in The Fall of the House of Usher? Is Madeline Usher really buried alive and then escape from her tomb? Or do the.
Addition Facts = = =
1 How do we know what is real and what is make believe? Slide Notes: Use this first set of slides (1-3) to gauge students prior knowledge about what is.
Lesson 3: Characters. A good story has characters about whom readers care. Name 4 characters you remember from movies, novels, stories, tv shows or comic.
The Fall of the House of Usher. The House of Usher is a run-down, gloomy, scary place. The speaker has come to the House of Usher to stay with his.
The Fall of the House of Usher Edgar Allan Poe. The Fall of the House of Usher The most famous short story of Edgar Allan Poe. It is the masterpiece of.
Ms. Burns Readers Workshop Questioning Lessons 1-15.
Tone and Mood Notes. Tone: Tells us how the author thinks about his or her subject. It is the author’s attitude toward the story and reader Mood: The.
Narrative Writing. Read the story below. What do you notice? On the first day of school, I wore my favorite shirt and pants. First I went to school and.
CS4026 Formal Models of Computation Running Haskell Programs – power.
WEEK 1 You have 10 seconds to name…
You are a soldier with highly classified government secrets and you have been captured by the enemy. This enemy, in particular, is known for its creatively.
Freewriting or Rehashing the Plot?. Freewriting Freewriting offers insight into the text. It flows from the author’s thoughts and does not follow the.
= This is the fact family. You say: 8+3=11 and 3+8= =8 and 11-8=3.
1 Copyright © 2010, Elsevier Inc. All rights Reserved Fig 3.1 Chapter 3.
The Sun Parlor By Dorothy West Mr. De Vicente 20 Points Total.
1 FOUR SQUARE QUESTIONS!. 2 Look at the diagram carefully. Now, I will ask you FOUR questions about this square. Are you ready? BA D C 4 Square Questions.
By: Natasha Friend Date/year pub: 2010 Genre: Realistic fiction.
Characterization Who is that guy?. 1. Characterization Meaning – Characterization is the way writers develop characters in a story Two types – ◦ Direct.
Our Reason For Hope Our Reason For Peace Our Reason For Joy Our Reason For Love.
1 4 Square Questions B A D C Look carefully to the diagram Now I will ask you 4 questions about this square. Are you ready?
When God Calls Exodus 3 – 4. When God Calls Introduction.
GG Consulting, LLC I-SUITE. Source: TEA SHARS Frequently asked questions 2.
Jeopardy Q 1 Q 2 Q 3 Q 4 Q 5 Q 6Q 16Q 11Q 21 Q 7Q 12Q 17Q 22 Q 8Q 13Q 18 Q 23 Q 9 Q 14Q 19Q 24 Q 10Q 15Q 20Q 25 Final Jeopardy Literature Terms III.
The Manure Song By Brian Gibbs and Paul Dee The Farmers plants were dying, why he could not tell. If this goes on much longer he’ll have nothing left.
1. spend / (in) V-ing on + N Ex. I spent 300 dollars buying that present. 2. It takes + +to + V It costs + +to + V Ex. It takes me 30 minutes to get to.
Authors “Usher”“Raven”“Minister”Moby Dick.
Past Tense Probe Past Tense Probe – Practice 1 Past Tense Probe – Practice 2.
Single Effect Every character, incident, and detail contributes to an overall impression.
Making Good Great Decisions Starring You. Lipstick Kisses A little story…
Of Mice and Men SSR Presentation A.Student Mrs. Gatz English 9.
Edgar Allan Poe. He sought to examine the emotional side of the human experience. He describes in minute detail the characters and setting to show.
D.L.P. – Week Three GRADE EIGHT. Day One – Skills Elimination of double comparison The subject and verb of a clause must agree in person and number. This.
WRINGER BY: Jerry Spinelli. CHAPTER 1 & 2 The main character in the story is named palmer. His parents want him to be a wringer but he does not want to.
Search for Mr Hyde The chapter begins with Mr Utterson returning home in “sombre spirits” and having dinner. It then goes on to describe how Mr Utterson.
Brain Train LO: To recognise and draw reflections of shapes.
John F. Kennedy and Lee Harvey Oswald. John F. Kennedy served as the 35th president of the United States until his assassination in 1963.
Prof: Jesús López English 0080 N06 Katyushia M.Cruz Serrano Dariana Morales Vazquez.
Peak Book by Roland Smith Presentation By Jacob Walo.
1. Click SAVE AS – “NAME’s user name Info Book” 2. Type all of your information first, paying careful attention to what goes where. These pre-made slides.
© 2016 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.