We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byNathan Stack
Modified over 3 years ago
Unit 3 – U. S. History Disunion, Civil War, and Reunion Jeopardy Review
1. Under this 1850 law, those helping escaped slaves could be fined or imprisoned.
What is the Fugitive Slave Law?
2. Best-selling novel that raised awareness about the conditions of Southern slaves
What is Uncle Toms Cabin?
law that repealed the Missouri Compromise, created two new territories in the Louisiana Purchase area, and allowed settlers in those territories to vote on slavery.
What is the Kansas-Nebraska Act
4. Americans attached this nickname to Kansas after violence broke out there between pro- and anti-slavery settlers.
What is Bleeding Kansas?
5. His speech in the Senate chambers attacking a pro-slavery Southern Senator earned him a canning.
Who is Massachusetts Senator Charles Sumner?
6. This Supreme Court decision ruled that a slave taken to free territory was still property, and slaves had no right to sue in courts of law.
What is the Dred Scott decision?
7. This was Lincolns position on slavery.
What is he was a free-soiler: He opposed the expansion of slavery.
8. His plan was to seize the federal arsenal there, distribute the weapons to neighboring slaves, and start an uprising
Who is John Brown at Harpers Ferry, VA?
9. This event convinced many Southerners that the North was ready to use violence to stamp out slavery.
What is John Browns raid on Harpers Ferry?
10. In this year, Lincoln was the first president elected from this party.
What is the Republican Party in 1860?
11. South Carolina was the first state to secede from the Union in this year.
What is December 1860, after the election of Lincoln?
12. Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas, Tennessee, Florida
What are the 11 states that seceded from the United States and formed the Confederate States of America?
13. Missouri, Kentucky, Maryland, Delaware
What are slave states that remained faithful to the Union?
14. Fort Sumter, near the entrance to the harbor of Charleston, South Carolina.
Where were the first shots of the Civil War fired?
15. Most of the battles of the Civil War were fought in this region of the U.S.
What is the South?
16. This side in the Civil War could claim naval superiority.
What is the North?
17. This side in the Civil War produced more food and manufactured goods and had a larger fighting-age population.
What is the North?
19. They planned to fight a defensive war until the other side gave up.
What are the Southerners?
20. They planned to control the Mississippi, blockade ports, and capture the capital to win the war.
What are the Northerners?
21. This former Mississippi Senator was elected president of the Confederate States of America.
Who was Jefferson Davis?
22. This side won the first real battle of the Civil War at Bull Run, VA
What is the South?
23. Richmond, VA
What was the capital of the Confederate States of America?
24. George McClellan
Who did Lincoln put in charge of the Union army and later remove for not being aggressive enough?
25. He refused Lincolns offer to command the Union army and instead took command of the Southern army.
Who is Robert E. Lee?
26. The Income Tax Act of 1861.
What law did Congress pass to help finance the Norths war expenses.? It taxed three percent of earnings over $800.
27. The Battle of Antietam, Sept. 17, 1862
What was the bloodiest single- day battle of the Civil War and the first major battle on Northern soil.
28. The Emancipation Proclamation.
What did Lincoln do in January 1863 to turn the Civil War into a crusade against slavery, making it morally more difficult for England to support the South?
29. Bloodiest battle and turning point of the Civil War?
What is Gettysburg?
30. After his capture of Atlanta in Sept. 1864, William Tecumseh Sherman left this mark on the south.
What is his army destroyed everything in its path on its march to Savannah, GA?
31. The dedication of a cemetery at Gettysburg was the occasion of this memorable oration.
What is Lincolns Gettysburg address?
32. This widely publicized assault demonstrated that African Americans could fight with skill and courage.
What is the unsuccessful attack of the 54 th Massachusetts regiment on Fort Wagner, SC?
33. Appomattox Court House
In what oddly named Virginia town did Robert E Lee surrender to Ullysses S. Grant in April 1865, ending the Civil War?
34. John Wilkes Booth
Who is a famous American actor and the assassin of Abraham Lincoln on April 14, 1865 at Ford Theater in Washington, D.C.?
35. Restore the South to the Union and protect the rights of former slaves.
What were the goals of the Reconstruction plans hatched by the North at the end of the Civil War?
36. His plan required 10 percent of voters to swear allegiance to the Union before a state could rejoin the Union.
Who is Abraham Lincoln?
Their Reconstruction plan was harsh and punitive
37. Their Reconstruction plan was harsh and punitive What is Congress?
38. A deal in 1877 to resolve a disputed presidential election ended this phase of Southern history.
What is Reconstruction?
39. The 13 th Amendment
What is the Constitutional amendment that ended slavery and involuntary servitude in the United States.
40. The 14 th Amendment
What is the Constitutional amendment that recognized everyone born in the U.S. or naturalized as a U.S. citizen and guaranteed them equal protection.
41. The 15 th Amendment
What is the Constitutional amendment that prohibited voting discrimination based on color, race, or previous servitude?
42. Congress took this action after Andrew Johnson fired his Secretary of War in violation of the Tenure of Office Act.
They impeached him.
43. Only the commander of the Andersonville Prison Camp was hanged and Jefferson Davis was imprisoned for two years, then released on bail.
What actions did the North take against Southern rebel leaders after the Civil War?
44. The Freedmens Bureau
What was an agency created by Congress in 1865 to provide food, clothing, medical supplies and schooling to former slaves and poor whites after the Civil War?
45. Forty acres and a mule
45. Forty acres and a mule. What were Black families initially promised in the South after the Civil War, but it never materialized?
What contemptuous name was applied to Northerners who came moved to the South after the Civil War to supposedly take advantage of the South?
47. Black Codes
These laws replaced the former slave codes in the South and restricted the mobility and freedom of African Americans.
What is a cashless work arrangement between landowners and tenants that became widely used after the Civil War and returned many Blacks to a state of virtual slavery?
Final Jeopardy Category: Reconstruction
The best known group of white racists that organized after the Civil War to intimidate Black Americans to keep them away from the voting booth and in their place.
Who are the Ku Klux Klan?
AHSGE Standard IV. Prelude to War o What congressional solution made California a free state and gave popular sovereignty to the New Mexico and Utah territories?
The Civil War. Civil War Basics What is a Civil War? A Civil War is a war between two or more groups inside the same country. The American Civil War.
Jeopardy Q 1 Q 2 Q 3 Q 4 Q 5 Q 6Q 16Q 11Q 21 Q 7Q 12Q 17Q 22 Q 8Q 13Q 18 Q 23 Q 9 Q 14Q 19Q 24 Q 10Q 15Q 20Q 25 Final Jeopardy Civil War/Reconstruction.
CIVIL WAR & RECONSTRUCTION TEST REVIEW. NAME THE 5 CAUSES OF THE CIVIL WAR Sectionalism Slavery State’s Rights Election of 1860 Secession of Southern.
Unit 4: A Nation Divided Lesson 6: Reconstruction.
The American Civil War. The Civil War Civil War is a war between the people living in the same country For the United States the war was between people.
U.S. History The Civil War Goal 3: Crisis, Civil War, and Reconstruction
1. Differences between the North and South 2. Missouri Compromise Forbid Slavery above the 36 30’ line Kept N&S states equal in the Senate 3. The Dred.
Hosted by… Mr. David Click to begin.. Click here for Final Jeopardy.
4 TH NINE WEEK EXAM EXAM REVIEW. Rural In the south most people lived in ___ areas and on small farms and plantations.
The American Civil War Underlying Issues: Sectionalism States Rights Slavery.
Abolitionists & Others The South & Others Issues The.
The Civil War Questions for Reading Who debated? What were they running for? What was the key issue they debated? Who won the election? What.
The Civil War. Civil War States Union Army - North Union Army - North Confederate Army - South Confederate Army - South.
What term refers to the plan for rebuilding the South after the Civil War?
Choice1Choice 2Choice 3Choice
Civil War UNIT FIVE. From the NORTH or SOUTH? William T. Sherman.
North and South Divided. Northwest Ordinance (1787) – Prohibited slavery in the Northwest Territory 1808 – International Slave Trade banned Missouri.
Causes of the Civil War Causes of the Civil War Compromise of 1850 CA free state NM, UT vote on slavery Fugitive Slave Act.
Expansion Civil War Battles People of the Civil War.
CIVIL WAR. Fundamental Causes Immediate Causes Blockade Confederacy Border States Arsenal Gettysburg Address Emancipation Proclamation.
I am heavy forward, but backward I'm not. What am I? D R E J A L W O F U P H T C N.
Civil War Review Civil War Review. What happened when the Southern states seceded?
Chapter 9 Section 3 Troubles Build. 1) The debate over slavery was turning ________________________. Senator __________________________ of Massachusetts.
Causes of the Civil War & The Civil War
People Final Exam Review Jeopardy! Battles Laws etcUnion or Confederacy Potpourri.
Road Map of Civil War Uncle Tom’s Cabin Harper’s Ferry Dred Scott Election of 1860 First Event Harriet Beecher Stowe wrote a book titled Uncle Tom’s Cabin.
The 10 events that led to the American Civil War.
CIVIL WAR Leading to War Most Southern states bought goods from Europe because they were cheaper. Tariff of 1828-made goods from other countries.
Chapter 10 The Civil War Lesson 3 The Nation Divides.
The Struggle Over Slavery Lesson 3. EQ: What were free states and slave states? Free State – state in which slavery was not allowed Slave State – state.
THIS IS With Host... Your Vocabulary People Leading up to the War Laws and Documents Reconstruction Potpourri.
Jeopardy PeoplePlaces Battles Vocabulary Misc. II Q $100 Q $200 Q $300 Q $400 Q $500 Q $100 Q $200 Q $300 Q $400 Q $500 Final Jeopardy.
Follow the Leader Where in the War… Just the Facts Ma’am Its Been Written Causes of the Civil War After the Civil War $100 $200 $300 $400 $500.
Civil War North vs. South Civil War Facts. North vs. South 11 states broke away (seceded) from the United States to form the Confederate States of America.
2 pt 3 pt 4 pt 5pt 1 pt 2 pt 3 pt 4 pt 5 pt 1 pt 2pt 3 pt 4pt 5 pt 1pt 2pt 3 pt 4 pt 5 pt 1 pt 2 pt 3 pt 4pt 5 pt 1pt Vocabulary Causes of Civil War Early.
Challenges to Slavery & Seccession. Republican Party Antislavery political party formed in 1854 Antislavery political party formed in 1854 Free-Soilers.
Prelude To the Civil War The Civil War I The Civil.
Catalysts of The Civil War People of the Civil War.
Bluff! A Game and Study Guide All In One!. Rules In turn, each team will be asked a question. Team members who know the answer will stand up. The other.
Chapter 15: Pp Allowed Maine to join the Union as a free state and Missouri to join as a slave state Banned slavery north of 36 30’ N latitude.
Civil War Unit Test Review. How Long Did The Civil War Last?
Strategy and Battles of the Civil War. General Information The American Civil War lasted 4 years From April 1861 till April 1865 It was the deadliest.
2 pt 3 pt 4 pt 5pt 1 pt 2 pt 3 pt 4 pt 5 pt 1 pt 2pt 3 pt 4pt 5 pt 1pt 2pt 3 pt 4 pt 5 pt 1 pt 2 pt 3 pt 4pt 5 pt 1pt Native Americans Georgia Develops.
Dred Scott Decision, March 1857 Dred Scott was a slave who moved from a Missouri a slave state to free states Illinois and Wisconsin In 1846 Scott sues.
Civil War Timeline Abraham Lincoln elected President in November 1860 South Carolina secedes in December Followed by Mississippi,
Instructions for using this template. Remember this is Jeopardy, so where I have written “Answer” this is the prompt the students will see, and where.
A quick look at the Civil War Created by Ms. Dennis’ fifth grade class 08/09.
Civil War Jeopardy Civil War Jeopardy Created by Lisa Petersen.
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.