Presentation on theme: "SF4-AH series SUNX overseas sales department Compact global safety light curtain (Type 4)"— Presentation transcript:
SF4-AH series SUNX overseas sales department Compact global safety light curtain (Type 4)
180 million US$ 48 million US $ 18 million US$ Scale of the safety light curtain market SUNX overseas sales department Market situation
SUNX overseas sales department Target industry Equipment built-in applications that take advantage of small shapes 1. Semiconductor making machines Automatic assembly machines 2. Automobile related equipment
Product features Fewer man-hours! Strong for extraneous light! Saves space! Various ways of installation! SUNX overseas sales department
1. Achieved safety of the world standard with saving space! TYPE4 The smallest shape in the world W28mm x T21mm Safety of the world standard Thickness 21mm Width 28mm SUNX overseas sales department Achieved both of safety of the best standard that is compliant with the safety category 4 and the smallest size! AreaStandard no. EU IEC /-2 (Type4) EN /-2 (Type4) EN954-1 US/Canada IEC /-2 (Type4) UL /-2 (Type4) UL 1998 OSHA OSHA (C) ANSI B11.1 to B11.19 ANSI R15.06
2. Equipped with the advanced ELCA function to prevent influences from extraneous light and mutual interference. SUNX overseas sales department (With SF4 series…) Avoiding influences from sporadic extraneous light from surrounding machines and preventing malfunction due to extraneous light such as light from other sensors passing close, spatter, AGV and patrol lights. There is a possibility that a sensor cannot detect objects entering if a receiver receives other light for a long time around at the time it confirms incident light. Because of this, light curtain used to regard it as extraneous light and turn off output when light enters into light curtain at the closest time of incident light. However, it turns off against any kind of extraneous light regardless of dangerous light (that affects detection of object invasion) or non-dangerous light. This causes frequent machine stops due to extraneous light. (Problems of conventional products)
2. Equipped with the advanced ELCA function to prevent influences from extraneous light and mutual interference. SUNX overseas sales department Scanning timing special processing Retry processing Less machine stops Reduces malfunctions due to extraneous light with retry processing and scanning timing special processing. This light curtain can avoid mutual interference by staggering the time of receiving light automatically in case that it receives light from light curtain next to it (extraneous light whose waveform and cycles are similar.) It controls malfunction due to extraneous light to a minimum by not turning off output right away even when detecting sporadic extraneous light such as sensors equipped with AGV for preventing crushes and patrol lights and checking if it is dangerous or not within response time repeatedly (retry processing).
SUNX overseas sales department 2. New method! Extraneous light prevention function The emitting method of light curtain The emitter emits light from the beam channel 1, and the receiver 1 confirms incident light. Then, the beam channel 2 emits light. Thus, this is a method that they turn on the light in turns. With conventional extraneous light check... If other light enters for a long time at the same time of the receiver receiving light, it regards the other light as abnormal extraneous light. Then, it turns off. However, it turns off by any kind of incident light. It causes frequent machine stops.
SUNX overseas sales department 2. New method! Extraneous light prevention function Retry processing 1. No extraneous light 2. Extraneous light enters in! Before the beam channel 3 emits light... It checks extraneous light of 2 again within response time. 2. No more extraneous light! The beam channel of 3 starts to emit light! 2 1 * Conventional sensors turn off here. 2. Extraneous light enters in!…checks again…checks again No extraneous light
2. New method! Extraneous light prevention function Scanning timing special processing SUNX overseas sales department Sensor A If the sensor A and B emit light around at the same time, and light of the sensor A enters into the sensor B, it causes mutual interference. The time of the sensor As emitting light and the sensor Bs receiving light can be staggered, which can avoid mutual interference. * This is possible only with software without synchronization of the sensor A and B! * Conventional sensors turn off here. Sensor B With scanning timing special processing function,
SUNX overseas sales department 3. Convenient tool supports beam-axis alignment easily. Fewer man-hours for installation. Beam-axis alignment indicator that you can see if beam axis is horizontal easily. With some incident light at the bottom of beam channels With incident light in all the beam channels (under stable light received condition) With some incident light at the top of beam channels
Fewer man-hours by checking parts without incident light. You can see even some incident light! You can see the position of incident light! You can see stable light-received condition! Top The second The third Bottom A B C D All beam channels of the sensor are divided into four blocks unlike incident light indicator and the sensor indicates light- received condition of each block. SUNX overseas sales department 3. Convenient tool supports beam-axis alignment easily. Fewer man-hours for installation.
EmitterReceiver Changing places between emitters and receivers! Up-side down installation! You can see the indicator! You can see the indicator! You can see the indicator from the front side at any installation! SUNX overseas sales department Receiver ReceiverEmitter Emitter
3. Convenient tool supports beam-axis alignment easily. Fewer man-hours for installation. SUNX overseas sales department Possible to align even before turning on the power! Beam-axis alinger SF-LAT-2N Fewer man-hours only with fine adjustment after turning on the power You can adjust beam axis without turning on the power of equipment/machines in case that a set distance is long. After tuning on the power, only fine adjustment is needed, which can shorten man-hours. Adopted a mounting hardware that can be adjusted after installed! Possible to adjust angles. Vertical sliding possible. SF-LAT-2N Alignment of topmost beam channel Alignment of bottommost beam channel Track level Side sensor mounting bracket
4. Reduction in total cost with series connections Series connections are possible to a maximum of three sensors (192 beam channels), which reduces man-hours for wiring. In addition, we achieved a great reduction in cost because only one unit of safety relay unit is needed for a couple of sensors. (Without series connections…) AND processing Relay unit Three units of relay box needed Emitter Receiver Complex wiring SUNX overseas sales department
(Series connections with SF4-AH…) Only one relay unit is needed! * No need for AND processing Simple wiring! Saving space! Emitter Receiver Relay unit Easy wiring! Series connections up to three sensors (192 beam channels)! SUNX overseas sales department 4. Reduction in total cost with series connections Series connections are possible up to three units
You would like series connections. Changing cables to cables for series connections. Take off lids. You just need cables for series connections! Done! Directions for series connections SUNX overseas sales department 4. Possible to reduce total cost by series connections
5. Fast response time. Simple calculation of safety distance. 11ms at all the beam channels, from 8 to 96 (for series connections: 20ms)! All models 11ms (In using each unit separately) Simplified calculation of safety distance We achieved a high speed response time of 11ms regardless of numbers of beam channels. It simplifies calculation of safety distance. In addition, miniaturization of equipment is possible because it can shorten the distance between a dangerous part and light curtain by high speed response time. (Series connections) All combinations 20ms SUNX overseas sales department MIN 190mm MAX 1950mm
6. Fixed blanking function It is possible to install even if there is an obstacle within sensing ranges! Possible to install even if there is a fixed obstacle within sensing ranges. * It is convenient when there are workbenches or conveyors between light curtains! * The control output (OSSD) does not turn off when programmed beam channels have light interrupted. * In case that an obstacle is gone, the control output (OSSD) turns off. (How to set up) Automatic: Setting up beam channels that have light interrupted now to effective channels of the blanking function automatically. Manual: Setting up effective/non-effective of the blanking function for each beam channel. SUNX overseas sales department
* It is convenient when you enter materials between light curtains or when machines move at changeovers. * The control output (OSSD) does not turn off unless light does not interrupt programmed numbers of beam channels (possible to program from 1 to 3 beam channels.) * You can select if the blanking function of beam channels at top and bottom should be set as valid or invalid. * You can select if the OSSD should be ON or OFF within programmed numbers of beam channels in discontinuous light interruption. You need to keep a safety distance with a minimum sensing object. 6. Floating blanking function Fluttering SUNX overseas sales department It is possible to install even if there is an obstacle within sensing ranges! Possible to install even if there is a moving obstacle within sensing ranges. 1beam channel: 50 2 beam channels: 70 3 beam channels: 90
The control output stays on when either of both beam channel ends have light interruption if they are within numbers of programmed beam channels. All beam channels including ones at top and bottom become a target of the blanking function. All beam channels become a target of the blanking function. When being set up as invalid SUNX overseas sales department 6. Floating blanking function (Invalid setting for both beam channel ends)
Floating blanking function (invalid setting for both beam channel ends) The control output (OSSD) turns off regardless of numbers of programmed beam channels when either of both beam channel ends have light interruption. Both beam channel ends (topmost and bottommost) become a target of the blanking function. SUNX overseas sales department 6. Floating blanking function (Invalid setting for both beam channel ends) When being set up as valid
In case that three beam channels have light interruption and OFF... Set up as valid The control output (OSSD) ON You select if the control output should be ON or OFF in case that beam channels within numbers of programmed beam channels have non- consecutive light interruption. Set up as invalid The control output (OSSD) OFF Set up as invalid The control output (OSSD) ON SUNX overseas sales department 6. Floating blanking function (Setup of non-consecutive beam channels) Set up as valid The control output (OSSD) ON
1. Because of a shape of obstacles, they interrupt light of beam channels non-consecutively. 2. In case of entering objects from two spots, etc Use with a setup of valid. 1. There is one spot that objects pass through, and it turns off when something enters (human bodies, hands, etc.) from other spots. Use with a setup of invalid. Examples of applications SUNX overseas sales department 6. Floating blanking function (Setup of non-consecutive beam channels)
Copy function Protect function Easy to copy to other sensors! Prevents unintended changes in setting data! It copies setting data of the sensor to other sensors. 4-digit pin code locks the setting data. Additional setup of output A state of emitting light ON A state of not emitting light ON Convenient for watching a state of the sensor, PLC and timing signal! Control on the amount of light emission Reduction in effects on other sensors! Reduction in the amount of light emission. Code setting function Easy to set and indicate work! Entering 4-digit numbers makes it easy to set. SF4-A (Emitter or receiver) SF-HC Connector Extension cable 7. Possible to install in various ways and to control! Multi-function handy controller is available. SUNX overseas sales department Handy controller
Set each blanking function with handy controller SF-HC Fixed blanking function Convenient for installation with fixed obstacles! This is a function that the OSSD (control output) does not turn off even when programmed beam channels have light interruption. Floating blanking function Convenient when materials enter and flutter or equipment moves within sensing ranges! This is a function that the OSSD (control output) does not turn off when numbers of beam channels without light are within programmed numbers. SUNX overseas sales department 7. Possible to install in various ways and to control! Multi-function handy controller is available.
Appearance of handy controller You can see which item you are setting up right now at a glance with the function indicator. (How to set up) 1. Select a setting item with the function switch. Check with the function indicator. 2. Select a content of setting with +/- switches. Check the content with the digital display. 3. Decide with the ENTER switch. If you would like to go back to the previous setting, use the CANCEL switch. SUNX overseas sales department 7. Possible to install in various ways and to control! Multi-function handy controller is available. Female connector Male connector Cable (50cm) + switch- switch CANCEL switch Function indicator (Green) Function switch ENTER switch Digital display (red) x 8
Matrix of auxiliary output operation Mode 0 and 1: You can have auxiliary output at the same status of OSSD. Mode2 and 3: You can have auxiliary output only when sensors stop emitting light (in abnormal time. SUNX overseas sales department 7. Possible to install in various ways and to control! Multi-function handy controller is available.
8. Spatter protection hood type for all the models! Sensor can be completely protected. Even in using light curtains at top and bottom, objects do not hit lens! Front protection cover can be installed! Better protection and easier maintenance! SUNX overseas sales department Front protection cover
9. Others 1. Variations in beam channels Type: SF4-AH (-H) Type4 Hand sensing (20mm pitch) Numbers of beam channels Protection bar type * SF4 series have only PNP type. SUNX overseas sales department
9. Others 2. Main specifications SUNX overseas sales department
9. Others 3. Relay unit SF-AC (to be released soon) Long life expectancy! Mechanical life of relay contact: 10,000,000 times! Mechanical life of relay contact is long; thus you can use it over a long time. No maintenance! It has adopted hybrid fuse. There is no need to exchange fuses. The fuse can be recovered after turning off the power once and turning on it again. You can input all the cables of light curtain! Less man-hours! There is no need for external cables since you can input all the cables of light curtain into relay unit, which leads to less man-hours. You can connect light curtain of PNP output! Less man-hours with a removal terminal board! You can wire with the terminal board off; thus less man-hours is possible since you do not need to remove controllers from the control board for maintenance. Equipped with auxiliary output with 2 channels It is equipped with auxiliary output for OSSD of light curtain and 2 channels of output for auxiliary output. Auxiliary output (non-safety output) is available! It can be connected to the PLC. You can operate it only with the current of 5mA. SUNX overseas sales department
9. Others Front protection coverSlit maskProtection barBeam-axis alignerCables Front protection cover Slit mask Protection bar Beam-axis aligner This cover protects a sensing side of sensors from dirt due to a spark and breakage. The slit mask restrains the amount of beam-emitted or received and reduces effect to other sensors. This bar protects sensors from a collision when placing objects. It helps adjustment for installation before turning on the power. Cable for series connections For series connections. 200mm, 500mm, 1,000mm, and 3,000mm. 4. A variety of options are available. For series connections With connector on both ends With connector on one end Handy controller SUNX overseas sales department Extension cable with connector on both ends For cable extension. 10m. Extension cable with connector on one end For wiring. 3m, 7m, and 10m. Handy controller To set up each function.
SF4-AH series SUNX overseas sales department Thank you all for your attention Compact global safety light curtain (Type 4)