Presentation on theme: "S.V.T.Vidya Vihar GURUKULAM"— Presentation transcript:
1S.V.T.Vidya Vihar GURUKULAM THE APPROACHS.V.T.Vidya ViharGURUKULAM
2APPROACHES TO VALUE EDUCATION 1. THE DIRECT APPROACHFive Teaching Techniques –Silent SittingPrayersDevotional Group SingingStory TellingGroup ActivitiesPRACTICAL APPLICATION OF THE ENERGY OF LOVE
33. THE INCIDENTAL APPROACH 4. ACADEMIC INTEGRATION 2. THE INDIRECT APPROACHCONTRIVED SITUATIONS3. THE INCIDENTAL APPROACH4. ACADEMIC INTEGRATIONUNCOVERING VALUES IN ACADEMIC SUBJECTSTHE INTEGRATED APPROACH
4COMMON MINIMUM PROGRAMME Every school will adopt the following common minimum programme in letter and spirit to achieve quality standards in scholastic, co-curricular and administrative spheres.
51. THE SCHOOL ASSEMBLYThe daily school assembly is attended by students, teachers and the principal. Prayers must be recited with meaning and melody.Silent Sitting - initially to sit silently for a few minutes every day.Singing together, patriotic, inspiring and value based songs - with coordination and harmony, in one tune and rhythm. Story telling, quotations or short talks on exemplary lives great man and women, which plant ideas of unity, patriotism and adventure in the student.
62. MEDITATIONA teacher guides from experience, from Guided Visualisation to Jyothi meditation practiced at home.3. FESTIVALS AND CULTURAL ACTIVITIESCelebrate national festivals and cultured activities in which every student participates to promote values of universal Love, Selfless Service, Unity, etc.
74. CLEANLINESSCleanliness in the total environment, at physical level personal hygiene, at the mental level purity of thoughts; three C’s - Campus, the Corridors and the Class room.5. PARENTING PROGRAMMEParents and teachers must work in union, parents should spend quality time with the children, Love and Law should be balanced.
86. EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING It is a holistic approach to teaching, provides intra–integration, involves all the children of the class, and brings out the knowledge from within.
9OBSERVATION TECHNIQUES & EVALUATION ‘EDUCATION IS FOR LIFE, NOT MERELY FOR A LIVING’FORMATIVE EVALUATION‘EDUCATION IS AN ACT OF FAITH’
10Levels of Evaluation 1. KNOWLEDGE (Information, not transformation) 2. BELIEF(Positive feeling, appreciation)
113. VALUE JUDGEMENT(Discrimination – critical examine alternatives)4. PRACTISING VALUES(Harmony in thought, feeling and action)5. SPONTANEOUS BEHAVIOUR(From the Heart – deepest level of consciousness)
12Student Profile A – Excellent 70-100% B – Good or Fair 40-70% C – Requires Guidance below 40%