Presentation on theme: "THE APPROACH S.V.T.Vidya Vihar GURUKULAM. APPROACHES TO VALUE EDUCATION 1. THE DIRECT APPROACH Five Teaching Techniques – Silent Sitting Prayers Devotional."— Presentation transcript:
THE APPROACH S.V.T.Vidya Vihar GURUKULAM
APPROACHES TO VALUE EDUCATION 1. THE DIRECT APPROACH Five Teaching Techniques – Silent Sitting Prayers Devotional Group Singing Story Telling Group Activities PRACTICAL APPLICATION OF THE ENERGY OF LOVE
2. THE INDIRECT APPROACH CONTRIVED SITUATIONS 3. THE INCIDENTAL APPROACH 4. ACADEMIC INTEGRATION UNCOVERING VALUES IN ACADEMIC SUBJECTS THE INTEGRATED APPROACH
COMMON MINIMUM PROGRAMME Every school will adopt the following common minimum programme in letter and spirit to achieve quality standards in scholastic, co- curricular and administrative spheres.
1. THE SCHOOL ASSEMBLY The daily school assembly is attended by students, teachers and the principal. Prayers must be recited with meaning and melody. Silent Sitting - initially to sit silently for a few minutes every day. Singing together, patriotic, inspiring and value based songs - with coordination and harmony, in one tune and rhythm. Story telling, quotations or short talks on exemplary lives great man and women, which plant ideas of unity, patriotism and adventure in the student.
2. MEDITATION A teacher guides from experience, from Guided Visualisation to Jyothi meditation practiced at home. 3. FESTIVALS AND CULTURAL ACTIVITIES Celebrate national festivals and cultured activities in which every student participates to promote values of universal Love, Selfless Service, Unity, etc.
4. CLEANLINESS Cleanliness in the total environment, at physical level personal hygiene, at the mental level purity of thoughts; three Cs - Campus, the Corridors and the Class room. 5. PARENTING PROGRAMME Parents and teachers must work in union, parents should spend quality time with the children, Love and Law should be balanced.
6. EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING It is a holistic approach to teaching, provides intra–integration, involves all the children of the class, and brings out the knowledge from within.
OBSERVATION TECHNIQUES & EVALUATION EDUCATION IS FOR LIFE, NOT MERELY FOR A LIVING FORMATIVE EVALUATION EDUCATION IS AN ACT OF FAITH
Levels of Evaluation 1. KNOWLEDGE (Information, not transformation) 2. BELIEF (Positive feeling, appreciation)
3. VALUE JUDGEMENT (Discrimination – critical examine alternatives) 4. PRACTISING VALUES (Harmony in thought, feeling and action) 5. SPONTANEOUS BEHAVIOUR (From the Heart – deepest level of consciousness)
Student Profile A – Excellent70-100% B – Good or Fair40-70% C – Requires Guidance below 40%