Best communicators start out as listeners Get out there and join the conversation.
1. Get your social media team together 2. Develop a social media policy 3. Develop a comments policy 4. Educate your audience 5. Start the discussion 6. Monitor your social media
1. Get your social media team together: Include students, teachers, parents Discuss a purpose for your social media Determine who your audience is Determine what your audience wants
2. Develop a social media policy Use samples from other K-12 agencies Get legal advice and know the laws Don’t spend too much time at this step
3. Develop a comments policy Include students, teachers, parents Create usage guidelines Decide who/what/ where/when and how
4. Educate your audience Train students, teachers and parents Provide a contract containing your comments policy
5. Start the discussion Include students, teachers, parents Enable Inspire Influence Engage Create opportunities for ownership
6. Monitor your social media Include students, teachers, parents Student ambassador program Involve your PTA Highlight and reward best practices Provide social media good citizenship award Track your analytics
You can’t control what someone says you can conduct your social media response Transparent Inclusive Authentic Engage and enable your supporters to respond too!
For more information Contact: Victoria Martinez