Presentation on theme: "1.Youth In his youth he was a soldier. the youth of a nation a youth of twenty A group of youths caused the trouble."— Presentation transcript:
1.Youth In his youth he was a soldier. the youth of a nation a youth of twenty A group of youths caused the trouble.
2. prison He has been in prison for five years. He broke prison and went abroad. Put …in prison
3. set an example to /set sb. an example give an example to 4 demand Ives listened to the workers' demand for more money.
Teachers are in great demand in this area. I demand John to go there at once. a d h r s agree, demand, hope, refuse,suggest, I demand that John (should) go there at once.
require The floor requires washing. All passengers are required to show their tickets. The emergency requires that it should be done. a written request She requested him to go with her.
5. boycott We boycott all products tested on animals. Senior students in our school led a boycott of /on Japanese goods. 6. forbid Forbade forbidden allow
7. Our class starts with a song. to begin/start with 8. depend He lived in a state of ____________ ___his friend's help. She is completely __________ on her parents for money. dependence on dependent independent independence
9. regardless I must make the decision regardless. adv. He says what he thinks, regardless of other people's feelings. 10. sight She lost her sight in an accident. I caught sight of an empty seat at the back of the bus. lose sight of
Peace was in sight. out of sight Get out of my sight! They fell in love at first sight. 11. viewpoint from a different ~ in my view in my point of view
12. vote He won the election because he got most votes. Vote for Johnson--the people's friend! vote against ~ on sth … Lets vote on this problem. I vote/suggest we eat out tonight.