Presentation on theme: "Woolly Mammoths What do you know about woolly mammoths? This is an anticipation guide for our story in TIME DETECTIVES on pages 86-95. Read the questions."— Presentation transcript:
What do you know about woolly mammoths? This is an anticipation guide for our story in TIME DETECTIVES on pages Read the questions and answer true or false. By Paula Farrer Third Grade-Scholastic Literacy Connector
1. True or False Woolly mammoths lived at the same time as the dinosaurs.
1. False Woolly mammoths lived ten million (10,000,000) years after the dinosaurs had died.
2. True or False Woolly mammoths were fierce hunters who used their tusks to kill their prey.
2. False Mammoths were peaceful plant eaters who ate up to 700 pounds of vegetation a day. They did not hunt other animals.
3. True or False The long hair on their bodies protected them from the cold.
3. True Mammoths also had six sets of teeth. They lived between years.
4. True or False Prehistoric man hunted woolly mammoths for food.
4. True Early man also made tent frames, jewelry, and musical instruments from woolly mammoths.