21. I can name and identify the characteristics of the Five Themes of Geography. Movement – The transportation of goods, people, and ideas.Region – Geographical area that is defined by certain similar characteristics.Place - The physical and human characteristic of a place.Human / Environmental Interaction – How humans and the environment interact with each other.Location – Where something is found.
32. I can use longitude and latitude to identify a place’s absolute location. Philadelphia, USACairo, EgyptSt. Petersburg, RussiaRio de Janeiro, BrazilSydney, Australia(40°N, 75°W)(30°N, 31°E)(60°N, 30°E)(23°S, 43°W)(34°S, 151°E)
43. I can identify in which hemispheres a place is located. Philadelphia, USACairo, EgyptSt. Petersburg, RussiaRio de Janeiro, BrazilSydney, AustraliaNorthern & WesternNorthern & EasternNorthern and EasternSouthern & WesternSouthern & Eastern
54. I can identify the imaginary lines that separate a globe into zones. The equator separates the globe in to Northern & Southern hemispheres.The prime meridian separates the globe into Western & Eastern hemispheres.
65. I can identify different map types (physical, political, climate, ect.)
76. I can identify the characteristics of the different government types. Monarchy – Power is passed down through family blood lines. They have absolute power.Dictatorship – The leader usually takes power by force and has a strong military backgroundDemocracy – The power is in the hands of the people and they vote for their leaders.Theocracy – The government is run according to religious text and rules.
88. I can identify the characteristics of the following economic systems: Capitalism – All businesses are privately owned.Socialism – Some businesses are privately and publically owned.Communism– All businesses are publically owned.
98. I can understand the events that led to the tenth anniversary of 9/11. An Muslim extremist group called Al Qaeda (the base) hijacked several United States airlines and crashed them into the two World Trade Center towers and the Pentagon. A fourth plane crashed in Pennsylvania after the passengers thwarted the terrorist attacks. The person in charge of Al Qaeda is Osama Bin Laden who was recently found and killed in Afghanistan by the United States’ SEAL Team 6.
10I can provide examples of businesses that are privately owned. McDonald’s and Burger King, Pepsi and Coca-cola, Microsoft and Apple, and Playstation and Wii are all examples of privately owned companies, which is part of the main principles of Capitalism.
11I can identify businesses in America that are publically owned. Public schools, fire department, police department, and US Post Office.
2019. Define supply and demand: Supply is how much of something you have and demand is the want there is for an item.
2120. Define GDP:The total amount of money a country produces in goods and services in a year.
2221. Define profit:The amount of money you make, minus the cost of producing the good.
23Define opportunity cost: Choosing one good over another good. Example, you could choose item A. or B. You choose item A. so item B. was your opportunity cost.
24Democracy Theocracy Monarchy Dictatorship USA Vatican City What is an example of a country for each of the government systems?DemocracyTheocracyMonarchyDictatorshipUSAVatican CitySaudia ArabiaNorth Korea
25USA Capitalism Sweden Socialism Cuba Communism What is an example country for each economic system?CapitalismSocialismCommunismUSASwedenCuba
26Where were the Summer Olympics held? They were held in London, England.