We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published bySamara Bark
Modified over 2 years ago
Preparing the Anesthetic Syringe
Equipment 1) Sterile syringe 2) Disposable needle3) Anesthetic cartridge
Syringe Loading Technique1) Follow aseptic procedures 2) Remove sterile syringe from autoclave bag 3) Hold syringe in the left hand and use the thumb ring to fully retract the piston rod
4) Piston rod retracted, place thecartridge in the barrel of the syringe 5) Rubber stopper end goes in first 6) Once cartridge is in place release piston rod
7) Engage cartridge and harpoonby placing moderate pressure on the thumb ring bar 8) Do not hold hand over cartridge while engaging the harpoon (safety)
Engaging the Needle Remove protective plastic capScrew needle onto the syringe
ProTector – needle recapping guardNeedle Safety ProTector – needle recapping guard
Recapping the Contaminated NeedleRecapper located in instrument cassette One handed scoop method
Unloading the Anesthetic Syringe1) Unscrew needle with protective cap in place
2) Retract the piston to release harpoon from the cartridge 3) Remove the cartridge from the syringe by retracting the thumb ring
4) Discard cartridge and needleinto sharps container
Changing to a Second CartridgeRecap the needle Retract piston Remove used cartridge Place new cartridge Engage the harpoon
Preparing the Anesthetic Syringe Quiz1. Where should the used needle and cartridge be disposed of? a. The regular garbage b. A sharps container c. A plastic biohazardous bag d. Any of the above
b. A sharps container
2. Name two acceptable ways to recap the needle.___________________ __________________
One handed scoop method, recapper
3. The ProTector is a _________?a. Guard against overdose b. Guard against needle over insertion c. Card for needle recapping protection
c. card for needle re-capping protection
4. What is recommended to assemble on the syringefirst, the needle or the cartridge? a. Needle b. Cartridge
5. When inserting the cartridge into the syringe,which end is down, or toward the harpoon? a. The end with the metal/latex opening b. The end with the rubber stopper
b. The end with the rubber stopper
DENT 1160 Pharmacology Local Anesthetic 1. Aspirating syringe Has harpoon, so Dr can inject a small amount and pull back to check for blood in carpule.
The Armamentarium 4 PARTS: 1) The Syringe 2) The Needle 3) The Cartridge 4) Preparation.
By Jerry Dambrogio. Necessary Equipment - Personal protection: clean rubber gloves and a dust mask. - -clean cotton swabs, sterile water, clean/unused.
Administration of Vaccine via Intramuscular Route
Using Sterile Technique to Load a Syringe
EQUIPMENT IN L.A. Equipment has been developed for LA administration to be convenient in use and to be sterile ( read history). Sterilization: removal.
Needles and broken glass
Lab safety rules practical NO (1) Dalia Kamal Eldien Mohammed.
INJEX Pharma GmbH INJEX Operation Needle-Free Injection Technology.
Packaging of injections. Containers for injection ideal properties Does not affect its contents No surface changes at temp. & pressure associated with.
Smallpox Vaccine Administration Learning Objectives Demonstrate appropriate vaccine administration techniques Demonstrate appropriate vaccine administration.
ResQmax Line Deployment Kit -ResQmax Launcher- 5 nozzle protectors -2 Streamline Projectiles- O-ring kit -500’ 3mm line with container- Corrosion block.
Bloodborne Pathogens Standard Precautions Unit 2.
HOW TO USE A SYRINGE. NEEDLE BARREL PLUNGER CAP SYRINGE PARTS OF A SYRINGE.
Administration of Vaccine via Subcutaneous Route Hand hygiene is the first step in medication administration is hand hygiene. Use either an alcohol-based.
Obtain and Label Blood Specimens
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.