We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
supports HTML5 video
Published bySamara Bark
Modified over 4 years ago
Preparing the Anesthetic Syringe
Equipment 1) Sterile syringe 2) Disposable needle3) Anesthetic cartridge
Syringe Loading Technique1) Follow aseptic procedures 2) Remove sterile syringe from autoclave bag 3) Hold syringe in the left hand and use the thumb ring to fully retract the piston rod
4) Piston rod retracted, place thecartridge in the barrel of the syringe 5) Rubber stopper end goes in first 6) Once cartridge is in place release piston rod
7) Engage cartridge and harpoonby placing moderate pressure on the thumb ring bar 8) Do not hold hand over cartridge while engaging the harpoon (safety)
Engaging the Needle Remove protective plastic capScrew needle onto the syringe
ProTector – needle recapping guardNeedle Safety ProTector – needle recapping guard
Recapping the Contaminated NeedleRecapper located in instrument cassette One handed scoop method
Unloading the Anesthetic Syringe1) Unscrew needle with protective cap in place
2) Retract the piston to release harpoon from the cartridge 3) Remove the cartridge from the syringe by retracting the thumb ring
4) Discard cartridge and needleinto sharps container
Changing to a Second CartridgeRecap the needle Retract piston Remove used cartridge Place new cartridge Engage the harpoon
Preparing the Anesthetic Syringe Quiz1. Where should the used needle and cartridge be disposed of? a. The regular garbage b. A sharps container c. A plastic biohazardous bag d. Any of the above
b. A sharps container
2. Name two acceptable ways to recap the needle.___________________ __________________
One handed scoop method, recapper
3. The ProTector is a _________?a. Guard against overdose b. Guard against needle over insertion c. Card for needle recapping protection
c. card for needle re-capping protection
4. What is recommended to assemble on the syringefirst, the needle or the cartridge? a. Needle b. Cartridge
5. When inserting the cartridge into the syringe,which end is down, or toward the harpoon? a. The end with the metal/latex opening b. The end with the rubber stopper
b. The end with the rubber stopper
Obtain and Label Blood Specimens
Principles of Agricultural Science - Animal
PREPARATION OF INFANT FEEDS Chapter 27 Doris Corkin and Andrea McDougall.
ASEPTIC TECHNIQUE. PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT includes: Eye protection Gloves Masks Gowns Sterile technique is employed to prevent contamination of.
Aseptic Technique: Media and Equipment
The Armamentarium 4 PARTS: 1) The Syringe 2) The Needle 3) The Cartridge 4) Preparation.
Canon 6000 series When taking cartridge out of the printer, make sure to seal the ink outlet with Scotch tape before refilling the ink. Step 1 Step 2 Make.
What you need to know about ASPIJECT ® & local dental anaesthesia Quality you can Feel! ASPIJECT.
INJEX Pharma GmbH INJEX Operation Needle-Free Injection Technology.
Local Anesthetics Armamentarium
OTHER INSTRUMENTS USED IN DENTAL CLINIC
Instructions for making plunger fork tool. Drawing for the trigger assembly.
EQUIPMENT IN L.A. Equipment has been developed for LA administration to be convenient in use and to be sterile ( read history). Sterilization: removal.
Infection Control with Needles Reina Ligeralde DEH 13 Fall 2007.
DBS preparation from finger stick blood in Microtainer®
Infection Control Procedures in Dentistry Part II Asma’a Al-Ekrish.
KBN 2014 GO TO THE AMERICAN DIABETES ASSOCIATION SAFE AT SCHOOLS VIDEO CHAPTER 6 – GLUCAGON ADMINISTRATION on the internet at YOU TUBE:
Sharps Injury Prevention Program- “Make Sharp Safety-Priority ONE!”
© 2018 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.