Try your best to describe what the 21st century is like. Do you know IT? What does IT consist of? Discussion
For reference Information Technology (IT) is a broad subject concerned with the use of technology in managing and processing information, especially in large organizations. In particular, IT deals with the use of electronic
computers and computer software to convert, store, protect, process, transmit, and retrieve information. For that reason, computer professionals are often called IT specialists.
1. signal vi. & vt. n. 1) A red lamp is often a danger signal. 2) The police signaled the traffic to move forward slowly.
2. goal n. 1) Youd better set a goal before you start the drill. 2) He has achieved his goal. 3) Who is keeping goal/is in goal (ie is goalkeeper) for Arsenal?
3. in a way 1) In a way, youre right. 2) You should dress in a way that befits a woman of your position.
in the way of …… on the/ones way (to) ( ……) by the way in no way all the way ; in this way way
4. arise (arose, arisen) vi. 1) An opportunity has arisen. 2) A new difficulty has arisen. 3) The problem may not arise, but theres no harm in making preparations.
5. with the help of …… With the help of the teacher, I have made rapid progress in my English study.
6. electronic adj. 1) This dictionary is available in electronic version. 2) The firm is Britains main producer of electronic equipment.
7. deal with 1) I have a matter of importance to deal with. 2) I think we should work out a strategy to deal with this situation.
8. watch over ; They were watched over by three policemen. watch out (for) ; keep a watch on under the close watch