We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byFelipe Marling
Modified over 4 years ago
Catch a Butterfly Catch a Butterfly
1. Identify the underlined words. To ride a wave is awesome. A.) Infinitive B.) Gerand C.) Verb D.) Adverb
2. Identify the underlined word. Jack’s sister gave her lollipop to Jack’s best friend. A.) Proper Noun B.) Possessive Pronoun C.) Noun D.) Pronoun
3. Identify the underlined words. Running for exercise is fun for Sara and Jaime. D.) Gerund B.) Verb C.) Adverb A.) Participle
4. Identify the underlined words. While eating his sandwich, Mark bit his lip. D.) Gerund B.) Verb C.) Adverb A.) Participle
5. Identify the underlined words. The cat hid under the table. D.) Gerund B.) Object of preposition C.) Preposition A.) Adverb
6. Identify the underlined words. She drank her soda quickly as she finished her lunch. D.) Preposition B.) Participle C.) Adverb A.) Adjective
Created by: B. Schimara - July 2007 www.powerpointgames.com www.learningcanbefun.wikispaces.com
7. Identify the underlined words. Smiling sweetly, Judy asked her father for her allowance. D.) Gerund B.) Participle C.) Adverb A.) Verb
8. Identify the underlined words. They went to the football game and cheered wildly for their team. D.) Gerund B.) Participle C.) Verb A.) Adverb
9. Identify the underlined words. She boasted of her brilliance to her father. D.) Preposition B.) Participle C.) Object of preposition A.) Adverb
DGP Tuesday Notes.
Take notes on your handout
Verbals and Verb Phrases
Grammar Spinner Touch any part of the screen to begin. (Or click your mouse) Touch the screen again each time you want to spin.
Facoltà di Scienze Economiche, Giuridiche e Politiche
LEARNING GRAMMAR IS AWESOME! Gerunds and Gerund Phrases.
What is a verbal? A verbal is a verb + a suffix that functions as a different part of speech. 3 types of verbals— Participles Gerunds Infinitives.
Verbals and Verbal Phrases The student analyzes the structure of a sentence (basic sentence parts).
4 Main Parts of Speech Nouns Verbs Adjectives Adverbs.
Participial Phrases Consists of a participle (a verb form that can be used as an adjective) and any modifiers or complements. Consists of a participle.
Gerunds Infinitives Participles
PRONOUNS LESSON 1. WHAT IS A PRONOUN? Pronouns take the place of nouns to name persons, places, things, or ideas.
Participles Gerunds Infinitives
Verbals Bad, bad verbs Verbs that act like another part of speech Gerunds Participles Infinitives Bad, bad verbs Verbs that act like another part of speech.
Verbals and Verbal Phrases
Verbals Verbs playing dress-up!. Once upon a time, there was a verb named Swim! Hi! My name is “Swim”.
Verbs and Verbals Infinitives, Gerunds, and Participles.
Parts of Speech Meeting #1 Universitas Multimedia Nusantara.
Personal Pronouns A pronoun is a word that takes the place of one or more nouns. The most frequently used pronouns are called personal pronouns. They.
© 2018 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.