Can you remember some words we have learned related to computers? Lead in
speaker monitor printer screen keyboard mouse Hard driver CD-ROM / DVD- ROM drive
Brainstorming How many words can you think of related to the Internet? software, browse, search, download, upload, refresh, back arrow, minimize, maximize, close…
Part A on Page 38. Kenny finds the following page in a book. Read it with him first, then fill in the blanks without looking at your books.
1. When you _________ for something, you are looking for specific information. 2. You can click the button of _____________ to return to a page that you saw earlier. 3. When youre looking at information without a specific goal, youre__________. 4. When you find something on the Internet that you want to save, you can __________ it onto your computer. search back arrow browsing download
5. When you want to bring a page to full size, click the ___________ icon. 6. If you have something you want to publish on the Internet, you can __________ it from your computer. 7. When you finish viewing a page, you can click the ______ icon at the top right hand corner to exit the page. maximize upload close
8. When the information you are trying to see does not appear quickly, or the web page has a problem, you can click the __________ button and the information may appear again without a problem. 9. If you want to stop looking at a page, but you might want to come back to it later, you can use the ________ button and the name of the page will stay at the bottom of your screen. If you click on the name again, the page will return to your screen. minimize refresh
Part B on Page 38. Read the sentences individually. Then tell me what these words mean or refer to in Chinese.
search engine web address home page www website webpage link virus hacker
Part C on Page 39. Kenny is writing an e-mail to his grandfather, who has just learned to use a computer. Help him choose the correct words to teach his grandfather about the Internet.
(1) browse (2) search engine (3) web address (4) links (5) website (6) web page (7) home page (8) back arrow (9) refresh (10) minimize (11) download (12) virus
Abbreviations There are many abbreviations that people use in Internet chat rooms. How many do you know?
B4 __________________ OIC __________________ CUL8R _______________ BTW _________________ BFN __________________ Guess the meaning of the expressions before Oh, I see. See you later. by the way bye for now
Part D on Page 39. Write the correct abbreviations in the blanks.
1. Laugh out loud _________ 2. For your information _________ 3. Keep in touch _________ 4. Be right back _________ 5. By the way _________ LOL FYI KIT BRB BTW
6. Thanks again __________ 7. Youre welcome __________ 8. Thanks in advance __________ 9. See you __________ 10. As soon as possible __________ TA YW TIA CU ASAP
Homework 1. Memorize the words in word power. 2. Surf the Internet and find more words related to the Internet.
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.