We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byIrvin Wileman
Modified over 2 years ago
Biology Released Form I Test Review
1. B Iodine turns from brown to blue or black in the presence of starch
2. D Salt sucks water towards it. The water leaves the gums moving from a high concentration to a low concentration
3. B Proteins are synthesized at the ribsomes which are the little dots. PEAR!
4. D Anaerobic means no oxygen is used. Bacteria and yeast do this.
5. A The plant cells that divide the fastest are root tip cells
6. D The similarities in bone structure in animals indicate a common ancestor from which all mammals diverged
7. C Change the DNA into mRNA first and then translate
8. C O blood is ii. Only parents who are heterozygous for Type A and heterozygous for Type B each have a little i to contribute to their child.
9. B The bands on the DNA fingerprint are an example of gel electrophoresis. Gel electrophoresis separates DNA fragments by size. The larger bands are at the top of the gel.
10. A Independent assortment is the only answer associated with sexual reproduction
11. A Parent one is pp and parent two is PP. All children will be Pp so none will have PKU.
12. C Skin cancer is caused by excessive exposure to sun which gives off ultraviolet radiation
13. D Malaria reproduces inside human red blood cells. It is transmitted from human to human by mosquitoes.
14. A Gymnosperms are plants with cones. Angiosperms are plants with flowers (you have to give Angie flowers before you date her). They both have seeds and vascular tissues.
15. C Pavlov’s experiment is an example of conditioning.
16. C Xylem transports water while phloem transports sugars. They are both examples of vascular tissues. WXYZYlem (the W is for water) Phloem transports Food! (both start with an F sound)
17. B Leaves are where photosynthesis happens and in limited sunlight you need lots of surface area so large leaves
18. D Frogs eat crickets only – they will be the most affected.
19. B Win Win for both = mutualism
20. A Ozone is destroyed by CFC’s (chlorofluorocarbons) Do not get it confused with global warming which is Carbon Dioxide released by burning fossil fuels
21. C You must know that RNA and DNA are nucleic acids
22. C No ribosomes = no proteins PEAR
23. D Water moving is osmosis. When you see osmosis look for answers with water in them!
24. A Structure X is the substrate Structure Y is the enzyme (it doesn’t change) Structure Z is the product
25. B Species X produces products for aerobic respiration Species Y produces product of anaerobic respiration (fermentation)
26. B Hitchhikers thumb is dominant. Woman does not have it so she is hh! Man is Hh. Probability is 50/50
27. A The advantage of sexual reproduction is genetic variation in offspring!!!!
28. A Change first A of DNA to a C. Then transcribed into RNA. Does the amino acid change? If so then one amino acid changes.
29. C Genetically engineered bacteria is currently used to make human insulin and human growth hormone.
30. B First organisms where prokaryotic and anaerobic because there was no oxygen on early earth.
31. D Indivudal 6 is male and has the disorder. He has an X and a Y.
32. A Not an instinctive behavior
33. D If you absorb through your skin you need a lot of surface area in order to do that.
34. B Mammals have internal fertilization and development (happens inside the body)
35. D Everything was originally classified under plants and animals
36. C B-cells produce antibodes
37. B Leaves are where photosynthesis occurs
38. A More carnivores equals less herbivores because they eat them. Thus the producers are not being eaten.
39. D Acids have low pHs. pH of 2 is the strongest acid and all the plants die. pH of 7 is neutral like water. Therefore high acidity is harmful. A low pH = high acidity!
40. C Only graph C show a population reaching carrying capacity (S-curve)
41. D Chloroplasts are where photosynthesis occurs
42. A The reaction rate will increase or speed up! That is what enzymes do!
43. B Homeostasis is the internal balance or equilibrium in your body
44. C All building blocks of nucleic acids (you must know this!)
45. D Know the equations!!!!!
46. C A 50/50 results in offspring means an Aa and aa cross.
47. A A few survive that are resistant so eventually the population will be resistant to the pesticide
48. D Evolution by natural selection!
49. D Soil pH is changing the colors of the flowers and that is an environmental factor.
50. B Clone is a copy. The copy has 12 chromosomes so the plant cell was also 12 chrosomes
51. D See board
52. C Only answer that makes sense
53. A All of the rest involve some part of sexual reproduction. Only A has one parent.
54. C A karyotype is a picture of a person’s chromosomes.
55. C Guard cells open and close the stoma.
56. C Plants, some protists, and some bacteria can do photosynthesis
57. A Old people can’t eat burgers
58. B Only one that is correct. J-curve
59. B Win win - mutualism
60. B Hate this question. Decomposers release carbon dioxide into the atmosphere so if you remove them the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere would decrese.
×1= 9 4 1×1= 1 5 8×1= 8 6 7×1= 7 7 8×3= 24.
PP Test Review Sections 6-1 to 6-6 Mrs. Rivas 1. 2.
Copyright © 2012, Elsevier Inc. All rights Reserved. 1 Chapter 7 Modeling Structure with Blocks.
For each statement, write true or false If the answer is false, write WHY it is false.
Copyright © Action Works 2008 All Rights Reserved - Photos by David D. Kempster 1.
Break Time Remaining 10:00. Break Time Remaining 9:59.
13:00 Clock will move after 1 minute PPT – VCIC Timer 15.ppt.
1A B C1A B C 2A B C2A B C 3A B C3A B C 4A B C4A B C 5A B C5A B C 6A B C6A B C 7A B C7A B C 8A B C8A B C 9A B C9A B C 10 AA B CBC 11 AA B CBC 12 AA B CBC.
DLMSO Classroom Timer Select a time to count down from the clock above 60 min 45 min 30 min 20 min 15 min 10 min 5 min or less.
David Burdett May 11, 2004 Package Binding for WS CDL.
BMU - E I 1 Development of renewable energy sources in Germany in
AP STUDY SESSION 2. Answers 1.A 2.E 3.A 4.D 5.B 6.E 7.B 8.E 9.A 10.D 11.C 12.B 13.D 14.B 15.E 16.A 17.E 18.C 19.C 20.D 21.B 22.C 23.A 24.D 25. B 26. E.
1 Budapest University of Technology and Economics, BME, 1872 Budapest University of Technology and Economics, BME, 1872 Happy New Year 2012.
BMU – KI III 1 Development of renewable energy sources in Germany in
Chapter 13 Fluids Physics for Scientists & Engineers, 3 rd Edition Douglas C. Giancoli © Prentice Hall.
1 STANDARD 1.3 Converting a Fraction to % Problem 1 Problem 4 Problems 3 Problem 2 Problem 5 END SHOW PRESENTATION CREATED BY SIMON PEREZ. All rights reserved.
MaK_Full ahead loaded 1 Alarm Page Directory (F11)
CALENDAR NEW CALENDAR
Adding Up In Chunks. Category 1 Adding multiples of ten to any number.
1 hi at no doifpi me be go we of at be do go hi if me no of pi we Inorder Traversal Inorder traversal. n Visit the left subtree. n Visit the node. n Visit.
Time for a BREAK! You have 45 Minutes. Time Left 44.
EOC Vocabulary List # This is an organism’s unique role in the environment that includes the habitat, function, and activities of the organism.
3 : 00 2 : 59 2 : 58 2 : 57 2 : 56 2 : 55 2 : 54.
C Copyright © 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved. Practice Solutions.
Solving a Sudoku Puzzle By Marlene Walther ATeacherFirst.com.
1 Study of Biology. 2 What is Biology? Biology is the study of all living things Living things are called organisms Living things are called organisms.
5 minutes 4 minutes 3 minutes 2 : 00 1 : 59 1 : 58.
1 ECOLOGY FINAL EXAM REVIEW. 2 ECOLOGY MENU REVIEW MAJOR IDEAS REVIEW MAJOR IDEAS PRACTICE TEST QUESTIONS PRACTICE TEST QUESTIONS.
Copyright Tim Morris/St Stephen's School Area of a Rectangle This is one in a series of Powerpoint slideshows to illustrate how to calculate the area of.
Table 12.1: Cash Flows to a Cash and Carry Trading Strategy.
Artificial Intelligence Genetic Algorithms Source: 1.
Chapter 12 Membrane Transport Essential Cell Biology Third Edition Copyright © Garland Science 2010.
Petersons Practice AP Exam Cengage Learning Infotrack Database.
1.step PMIT start + initial project data input Concept Concept.
End Show Slide 1 of 52 Copyright Pearson Prentice Hall Biology.
1 Dr. Scott Schaefer Least Squares Curves, Rational Representations, Splines and Continuity.
Speak Up for Safety Dr. Susan Strauss Harassment & Bullying Consultant November 9, 2012.
Exarte Bezoek aan de Mediacampus Bachelor in de grafische en digitale media April 2014.
1 The Royal Doulton Company The Royal Doulton Company is an English company producing tableware and collectables, dating to Operating originally.
Biology 2 Plant Kingdom Identification Test Review.
1 10 pt 15 pt 20 pt 25 pt 5 pt 10 pt 15 pt 20 pt 25 pt 5 pt 10 pt 15 pt 20 pt 25 pt 5 pt 10 pt 15 pt 20 pt 25 pt 5 pt 10 pt 15 pt 20 pt 25 pt 5 pt Synthetic.
Study of Biology 1. What is Biology? Biology is the study of all living things Living things are called organisms Organisms include bacteria, protists,
©2004 by Pearson Education11-1 R.C. Hibbeler Resistência dos Materiais, 5ª ed. 11 – Projetos de Vigas e Eixos.
PIGEON PARTS QUIZ. 1. Name the extra membrane over the eye.
1 Variations of the Turing Machine. 2 Read-Write Head Control Unit Deterministic The Standard Model Infinite Tape (Left or Right)
Numbers Treasure Hunt
Unit I Topic 2-7 MAC Protocols for Ad Hoc Wireless Networks Department of Computer Science and Engineering Kalasalingam University 1 CSE 6007 Mobile Ad.
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.