We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byIrvin Wileman
Modified over 4 years ago
Biology Released Form I Test Review
1. B Iodine turns from brown to blue or black in the presence of starch
2. D Salt sucks water towards it. The water leaves the gums moving from a high concentration to a low concentration
3. B Proteins are synthesized at the ribsomes which are the little dots. PEAR!
4. D Anaerobic means no oxygen is used. Bacteria and yeast do this.
5. A The plant cells that divide the fastest are root tip cells
6. D The similarities in bone structure in animals indicate a common ancestor from which all mammals diverged
7. C Change the DNA into mRNA first and then translate
8. C O blood is ii. Only parents who are heterozygous for Type A and heterozygous for Type B each have a little i to contribute to their child.
9. B The bands on the DNA fingerprint are an example of gel electrophoresis. Gel electrophoresis separates DNA fragments by size. The larger bands are at the top of the gel.
10. A Independent assortment is the only answer associated with sexual reproduction
11. A Parent one is pp and parent two is PP. All children will be Pp so none will have PKU.
12. C Skin cancer is caused by excessive exposure to sun which gives off ultraviolet radiation
13. D Malaria reproduces inside human red blood cells. It is transmitted from human to human by mosquitoes.
14. A Gymnosperms are plants with cones. Angiosperms are plants with flowers (you have to give Angie flowers before you date her). They both have seeds and vascular tissues.
15. C Pavlov’s experiment is an example of conditioning.
16. C Xylem transports water while phloem transports sugars. They are both examples of vascular tissues. WXYZYlem (the W is for water) Phloem transports Food! (both start with an F sound)
17. B Leaves are where photosynthesis happens and in limited sunlight you need lots of surface area so large leaves
18. D Frogs eat crickets only – they will be the most affected.
19. B Win Win for both = mutualism
20. A Ozone is destroyed by CFC’s (chlorofluorocarbons) Do not get it confused with global warming which is Carbon Dioxide released by burning fossil fuels
21. C You must know that RNA and DNA are nucleic acids
22. C No ribosomes = no proteins PEAR
23. D Water moving is osmosis. When you see osmosis look for answers with water in them!
24. A Structure X is the substrate Structure Y is the enzyme (it doesn’t change) Structure Z is the product
25. B Species X produces products for aerobic respiration Species Y produces product of anaerobic respiration (fermentation)
26. B Hitchhikers thumb is dominant. Woman does not have it so she is hh! Man is Hh. Probability is 50/50
27. A The advantage of sexual reproduction is genetic variation in offspring!!!!
28. A Change first A of DNA to a C. Then transcribed into RNA. Does the amino acid change? If so then one amino acid changes.
29. C Genetically engineered bacteria is currently used to make human insulin and human growth hormone.
30. B First organisms where prokaryotic and anaerobic because there was no oxygen on early earth.
31. D Indivudal 6 is male and has the disorder. He has an X and a Y.
32. A Not an instinctive behavior
33. D If you absorb through your skin you need a lot of surface area in order to do that.
34. B Mammals have internal fertilization and development (happens inside the body)
35. D Everything was originally classified under plants and animals
36. C B-cells produce antibodes
37. B Leaves are where photosynthesis occurs
38. A More carnivores equals less herbivores because they eat them. Thus the producers are not being eaten.
39. D Acids have low pHs. pH of 2 is the strongest acid and all the plants die. pH of 7 is neutral like water. Therefore high acidity is harmful. A low pH = high acidity!
40. C Only graph C show a population reaching carrying capacity (S-curve)
41. D Chloroplasts are where photosynthesis occurs
42. A The reaction rate will increase or speed up! That is what enzymes do!
43. B Homeostasis is the internal balance or equilibrium in your body
44. C All building blocks of nucleic acids (you must know this!)
45. D Know the equations!!!!!
46. C A 50/50 results in offspring means an Aa and aa cross.
47. A A few survive that are resistant so eventually the population will be resistant to the pesticide
48. D Evolution by natural selection!
49. D Soil pH is changing the colors of the flowers and that is an environmental factor.
50. B Clone is a copy. The copy has 12 chromosomes so the plant cell was also 12 chrosomes
51. D See board
52. C Only answer that makes sense
53. A All of the rest involve some part of sexual reproduction. Only A has one parent.
54. C A karyotype is a picture of a person’s chromosomes.
55. C Guard cells open and close the stoma.
56. C Plants, some protists, and some bacteria can do photosynthesis
57. A Old people can’t eat burgers
58. B Only one that is correct. J-curve
59. B Win win - mutualism
60. B Hate this question. Decomposers release carbon dioxide into the atmosphere so if you remove them the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere would decrese.
Numbers Treasure Hunt Following each question, click on the answer. If correct, the next page will load with a graphic first – these can be used to check.
Repaso: Unidad 2 Lección 2
1 A B C
Variations of the Turing Machine
2011年上半年 我院团学工作活动图片展播 2011年8月28日.
AP STUDY SESSION 2.
CSE 6007 Mobile Ad Hoc Wireless Networks
Select from the most commonly used minutes below.
Copyright © 2003 Pearson Education, Inc. Slide 1 Computer Systems Organization & Architecture Chapters 8-12 John D. Carpinelli.
Study of Biology.
David Burdett May 11, 2004 Package Binding for WS CDL.
1 10 pt 15 pt 20 pt 25 pt 5 pt 10 pt 15 pt 20 pt 25 pt 5 pt 10 pt 15 pt 20 pt 25 pt 5 pt 10 pt 15 pt 20 pt 25 pt 5 pt 10 pt 15 pt 20 pt 25 pt 5 pt BlendsDigraphsShort.
1 Click here to End Presentation Software: Installation and Updates Internet Download CD release NACIS Updates.
The 5S numbers game..
Media-Monitoring Final Report April - May 2010 News.
Time and Labor Processing Day 1
Break Time Remaining 10:00.
© 2018 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.