Presentation on theme: "1 Directions: Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to each question you hear."— Presentation transcript:
1 Directions: Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to each question you hear.
1) a. He wants to book a table for two. b. He wants to book a table by the window. c. He wants to book a table for a large party. d. He wants to book a table for his big family of ten. 2) a. It is famous for seafood. b. It seldom accepts large parties. c. Well-known people often come to dinner here. d. It specializes in vegetarian food. 3) a. At the managers office. b. In the Petersons home. c. On the phone. d. In the restaurant.
4) a. By introducing the customers to a large restaurant. b. By putting two tables together. c. By accepting no more reservations for the night. d. By opening a larger room. 5) a. The restaurant is rather small. b. Vegetarian food is popular in the West today. c. Theres no regulation without exception d. Regular customers enjoy some privileges.
2. Directions: Listen to the dialogue again and take notes of the mans phone call to complete the following table.
Name of Caller Time to Arrive Number of Guests Food Status of Caller
Script: W:Hello. Old England Restaurant. Can I help you? M: Yes. Id like to book a table for tonight. W: Yes, sir. What time. M: Eight oclock. W: Certainly. For how many people? M: There are ten of us. W: Ten of you! But we dont usually accept large parties, sir. M: I know, but we are regular customers. W: Whats your name please? M: Michale Peterson. W: Michale Peterson … of course! Thatll be right. Well put two tables together. M: Thanks. W: What food do you prefer for today, sir? We have fresh seafood tonight. M: No. We are all vegertarians.
1. Directions: Listen to the dialogue five of the questions the customers asked to book an air ticket.
2. Directions: Listen to the dialogue again and write down short answers to the following questions.