Presentation on theme: "INTRO TO MARKETING. 36. What does applying the customer- orientation element of the marketing concept enable the business to do? A. Offer products that."— Presentation transcript:
INTRO TO MARKETING
36. What does applying the customer- orientation element of the marketing concept enable the business to do? A. Offer products that consumers want to buy B. Persuade customers to buy its products C. Provide more products than consumers need D. Coordinate its marketing activities
A. Offer products that consumers want to buy Businesses that implement the customer-orientation element of the marketing concept base their decision making on customer wants and needs. They determine what customers want and offer that, rather than deciding on their own what they want to sell. Promotional activities help the business to persuade customers what to buy. Providing more products the consumers need would not benefit a business. Having a customer orientation does not coordinate a business’s marketing activities.
37. By increasing awareness of the need for environmental controls, what has marketing done? A. Made buying more convenient B. Regulated the standard of living C. Improved the quality of life D. Added usefulness to products
C. Improved the quality of life Marketing has improved the quality of life by encouraging the development of safer, better goods and services. In addition, marketing has increased awareness of the need for environmental controls to protect our physical surrounding, which has led to an improvement in our existence. Making people aware of the need for environmental controls does not add usefulness to products or make buying more convenient, although those are other benefits of marketing. Marketing does not regulate the standard of living but usually helps to raise it by improving the general conditions in which people live.
38. Grocery stores are allowing customers to bring in their own cloth bags to use in place of the plastic bags that they usually provide. What has this action done? A. Made buying more convenient B. Regulated the standard of living C. Improved the quality of life D. Added usefulness to products
C. Improved the quality of life Using cloth bags in place of the usual plastic ones reduces the amount of waste produced and helps the environment.
39. According to the marketing concept, which option shows company commitment? A. Leaving marketing to the marketing department B. Teaching marketing to college marketing students C. Setting aside funds to research what customers want D. Pricing a product to maximize profitability per item
C. Setting aside funds to research what customers want Company commitment involves everyone in the organization embracing the marketing concept and putting customer’s interests first. One way to demonstrate a commitment to the marketing concept is to set aside money to fund the research needed to develop a product according to customer’s wishes. Leaving marketing to the marketing department prevents the rest of the company from being involved in marketing. Teaching marketing to college marketing students is honorable, but it does not demonstrate the marketing concept’s theme of company commitment. Pricing a product to maximize profitability per item puts the company’s interests before the customers’, which goes against the marketing concept.
40. Which marketing function helps businesspeople forecast how much will be sold in a given period? A. Market planning B. Risk management C. Promotion D. Channel Management
A. Market planning Market planning is a marketing function hat addresses the principles and tools used to determine and to target marketing strategies to a select audience. Risk management is not a marketing function. Promotion involves communicating information about goods, services, images, and/or ideas to achieve a desired outcome. Channel management is the process by which marketers ensure that products to customers efficiently and effectively.
41. Company XYZ has predicted it will sell 3,000 new microwaves during the “Back to School” sale. Which marketing function is this business using? A. Market planning B. Risk management C. Promotion D. Channel Management
A. Market planning Market planning is a business deciding on something ahead of time. As the company decided to sell 3,000 microwaves even before the “Back to School” sale, they are planning ahead of time.
42. After the popularity of a product dropped, the business needed a new product to promote that would help to improve its image. Which marketing function would come up with the new product? A. Channel management B. Product/Service Management C. Selling D. Promotion
B. Product/Service Management This is a marketing function that involves obtaining, developing, maintaining, and improving a product or service mix in response to market opportunities. This includes selecting products that help to promote a certain image for the business. Selling is a marketing function that involves determining client needs and wants and responding through planned, personalized communication that influences purchase decisions and enhances future business opportunities. Promotion is a marketing function that communicates information about goods, services, images, and/or ideas to achieve a desired outcome. Channel management is the process by which marketers ensure that products are distributed to the customers efficiently and effectively.
43. Paul’s plant food is losing its popularity among his customer base. What marketing function would come up with the improved product? A. Channel Management B. Product/Service Management C. Selling D. Promotion
B. Product/Service Management If the product is losing its popularity due to the product itself, product/service management will be department to handle it. Product/service management will revise or revamp a product to better appeal to customers.
44. What does the selling function involve that makes it so important? A. Setting high prices B. Displaying Products C. Contacting Customers D. Obtaining Feedback from vendors
C. Contacting Customers The selling function is very important because it involves contact with customers. If customers are not satisfied with the sales experience, they often will not buy even if they need the product and the price is right. The selling function does not necessarily involve displaying products, setting high prices, or feedback from vendors.
18. What is the marketing function that provides information to consumers that will assist them in making a decision to purchase a good service? A. Pricing B. Promotion C. Production D. Distribution
B. Promotion Promotion is the function that gets information out to customers. Methods of doing so include but are not limited to magazine, television, and newspaper ads, billboards, promotional events hosted by the company, celebrity endorsement, etc.
Q. 19 Booking hotel rooms for vacationers is an example of ______ marketing? A. Feature B. Service C. Benefit D. Sports
A. 19 B. Service By booking rooms, you are helping the vacationers.
Q. 20 What type of duties do customer-service professionals often perform? A. Preparing ads B. Paying invoices C. Handling complaints D. Receiving shipments
A. 20 C. Handling complaints Customer service is helping the customers with problems.
Q. 119 What marketing career involves determining why customer do what they do? A. Advertising B. Distribution /Warehousing C. Sales D. Marketing research
A. 119 D Marketing research A marketing researcher could be classified as the “Sherlock Holmes” of marketing. These investigators look for clues as to what customers want and need, as well as why customers do what they do. Careers in distribution/warehousing physically link products with consumers by delivering them to customers when they are needed. Careers in advertising involve catching customer attention and informing customers about products, companies, and/or ideas. Sales careers involve satisfying customer needs with products.
Q. 120 What marketing career involves catching customers’ attention, informing them of products, and persuading them to buy? A. Marketing research B. Advertising C. Public relations D. Product managment
A. 120 B Advertising Advertising use a variety of media to catch customers’ attention, inform them of products, and persuade them to buy. Some of these media are the internet, radio, television, newspapers, magazines, billboards, and catalogs. Marketing researchers are responsible for determining what customers need and what and why customers do what they do. Product managers create, test, and decide how a product will be packaged. They direct and coordinate all aspects of the product. Public relations professionals strives to build and maintain positive relationships with the publicly anticipating problems, handling complaints, communicating with the media, and building a positive public image for the company.
Q. 121 Kwacky Kwackers needs a new package design for its crackers. What marketing professional would be responsble for creating the new package? A. Marketing research B. Product Management C. Advertising D. Channel management
A. 121 B Product management Product managers create, test, and decide how a product will be packaged. They direct and coordinate all aspects of the product. Advertisers develop massages and images to catch customers’ attention, inform them of products, and persuade them to buy. They use a variety of media to communication with customers. Some of these media are the internet, radio, television, newspaper, magazines, billboards, and catalogs. Marketing researchers are responsible for determining what customers need and want and why customers do what they do. Channel management is the processes by which marketers ensure that products are distributed to customers efficiently and effectively.
Q. 122 What is at the center of all marketing activities? A. Math B. Technological know-how C. Purchasing D. Communication
A. 122 D communication. Communication, the exchange of information in which the words and gestures are understood in the same way both the speaker and the listener, is at the center of all marketing activities. Whether employees are working with customers or working with a team member, they need to effectively exchange ideas and information. Communicating with people is crucial in marketing because marketing involves continuous interaction with customers and coworkers. Purchasing is a marketing function. Although math skills and technological know-how are often needed to carry out marketing activities, their successful completion and use are based on communication.