Chair: Jeremy Heales Head of Mortgage and Insurance Department Small Firms & Contact Division, FSA Panel:Dave Howard FSA supervisor, Small Firms & Contact Division Martin Shaw Chief Executive, Association of Financial Mutuals Paul Hudson Chief Executive, Cirencester Friendly Society Sean Hannan Director & Deputy General Manager Electrical Contractors Insurance Co Ltd Introductions: Panel
Topics 1.Supervision 2.Policy 3.Risks 4.Help General Q & A
1. How we supervise smaller insurers Supervision Desk-based Reviews Seminars Supervision Visits/meetings ReturnsRoadshows
2. Policy: How well does the FSA do in its formulation of policy for smaller firms?
2. Policy Formulation FSA Policy Consultation Paper Government Driven Proportionate EU Driven Trades & Firms
3. What are the key risks and challenges facing smaller insurers?
3. FSA’s view of risks and challenges for smaller Insurers Risks & Challenges Economy With profits Regime Solvency Convergence
4. What help does the FSA give to smaller insurers?
HELP Customer Contact Centre Website Specific tailored help Workshop