Presentation on theme: "MARKETING STRATEGIES. LEARNING INTENTIONS Students will be able to: Describe the ‘Product’ stage of the ‘4 Ps’ of marketing and evaluate current products."— Presentation transcript:
LEARNING INTENTIONS Students will be able to: Describe the ‘Product’ stage of the ‘4 Ps’ of marketing and evaluate current products with respect to these Resume work on their Virgin Australia project Note: make sure you take notes as we go! Also, open up to page 309 of your textbooks.
THE MARKETING MIX
1. PRODUCT What is a product?
1. PRODUCT How can we classify products?
1. PRODUCT Will the product’s classification impact on its marketing strategy?
1. PRODUCT Product Development
1. PRODUCT Product Development Check out the link on our wiki (Google’s development process)
1. PRODUCT Why do some products succeed & others fail? Read page 311 and compete activity 18.2
1. PRODUCT The Product life-cycle Check out the Blu-ray vs HD DVD link on the wiki.
1. PRODUCT The Product life-cycle Flip to page 312.
PRODUCT LIFE-CYCLE “The worst sort of business is one that grows rapidly, requires significant capital to engender the growth, and then earns little or no money. Think airlines. Here a durable competitive advantage has proven elusive ever since the days of the Wright Brothers. Indeed, if a farsighted capitalist had been present at Kitty Hawk, he would have done his successors a huge favor by shooting Orville down.” - Warren Buffett