Presentation on theme: "7.3 and 7.4 Age of Jackson. 1.Who lost the election of 1824 despite winning the popular vote? A. Henry Clay B. John C. Calhoun C. Andrew Jackson D. John."— Presentation transcript:
7.3 and 7.4 Age of Jackson
1.Who lost the election of 1824 despite winning the popular vote? A. Henry Clay B. John C. Calhoun C. Andrew Jackson D. John Q. Adams
2. To be able to vote in the early Republic you had to be a white, male landowner. By 1828 which one of those requirements was dropped, allowing more voter participation?
3. What Supreme Court Case ruled in favor of the Cherokee Indians by saying they could stay in their territory? A. McCullough v. Maryland B. Worcester v. Georgia C. Marbury v. Madison D. Gibbons v. Ogden
4. The Trail of Tears refers to the forced relocation of the Cherokee to Indian Territory, which is now present day _____________________.
5. Andrew Jackson said of John Marshall’s famous decision in favor of the Cherokee Indians by saying “Marshall made is decision now let him _________________it.
6. The South Carolina Ordinance of Nullification was a result of the A. Panic of B. Tariff of Abominations. C.. Imprisonment of US seamen. D. Missouri Compromise
7. Who was Jackson’s Vice-President from South Carolina who opposed tariffs and believed that states could nullify national laws (“South Carolina Nullification Crisis”)? A. Henry Clay B. John Quincy Adams C. John C. Calhoun D. Daniel Webster
8. Jackson’s “pet banks” led to the A. Removal of Native Americans. B. Tariff of Abominations. C. Panic of D. Spoils System.
9. What political party formed in the 1830s to oppose the policies of Andrew Jackson? A. Free-Soil B. Democrats C. Whigs D. Populist
10. William Henry Harrison was elected President in He is famous for serving only _______days as President, the shortest term in U.S. History.