2I’m excited to be your teacher this year and I am looking forward to getting to know each one of you!I hope everyone had a great summer and is ready for the 2013/14 school year.
3Elk Point Elementary students: respect other students, staff and themselvesrespect school and personal propertyalways try their bestattend school regularlyare responsible and successful
4Here are some expectations that I have of EVERY student: 1) Students are to enter the classroom calmly and quietly and go immediately to their assigned seats. You are to sit properly in your desk.
52) Students are to be in their seats and prepared to work when class begins.
63) Students are to show respect at all times and in all manners toward themselves, others, and staff. This includes all verbal and non-verbal forms of communication including body language, facial expression and tone of voice.
74) Students are to be on task AT ALL TIMES and work to the best of their ability. This means you are to be working on whatever assignment is given with all of your concentration. If you are finished an assignment early, you may read or work on another acceptable activity.
85) No distractions such as food, iPods or other electronic devices are allowed during class time. Any of these visible will be immediately confiscated and picked up after school. Class time is for learning.
96) Students are to be prepared with all books, pens, pencils, notebooks, agendas, and any other materials required for class. If you need to sharpen your pencil, throw out trash, etc. this is to be done when no one is addressing the class.
107) Please raise your hand to get permission to speak.
118) If you need to use the bathroom you may do so but you must ask permission properly first. Only one student is allowed to go at a time. You must sign out and sign back in using the sheet on the door. This sheet is also used if you need to leave class for any other reason.
12Week of ____/____/____ Classroom Sign Out/ In LogWeek of ____/____/____Student NameTime OutTime InReason
139) When the bell rings, you are to remain in your seat until dismissed 9) When the bell rings, you are to remain in your seat until dismissed. You are responsible to clean any trash in your area whether it is yours or not. Keep all trash with you until the bell rings and throw it out on your way out of the classroom. Don’t forget to push in your chair!
1410) All work is to be completed on time and to the best of your ability.
1511) When going to another classroom, be sure to bring ALL supplies that you will need as well as your agenda and A.R. book. All homework must be recorded in your agenda. As you complete assignments, be sure to put a check mark beside them. Agendas will be checked daily.
1612) If you cannot follow classroom expectations, there will be support/ intervention to learn appropriate school behaviour. This may involve phone calls home or other approaches.
19Safety ProceduresFire DrillsLock Downs/ Hold and Secure
20Our classroom is a place where… we don’t all have to be the same.we don’t all have to think the same.we don’t all have to talk the same.we don’t all have to dress the same.we don’t all have to believe the same things.We have the right to be ourselves. We like it that people are different. Our differences make us interesting. We can disagree and still respect each other. We can remember to treat others the way we wish to be treated.
21Who am I? My name is Ms. Hlushak. This is my second year teaching and I am very excited about being part of Elk Point Elementary School.I am the 6A homeroom teacher.I am teaching grade 6 Social Studies, Math and Health, as well as grade 4 Social Studies.
22All About Me I have lived in St. Paul for most of my life. I was born in Edmonton.I have lived in St. Paul for most of my life.I have 2 sisters and 1 brother.I graduated and received my teaching degree from the University of Alberta in June of 2012.I have 2 children. My daughter Jamie is 14 years old and my son Jared is 10 years old.My hobbies include playing slo-pitch, curling, reading, and watching my kids play hockey and ball.I am very excited about my career as a teacher!!!
25I am looking forward to a wonderful year with you all!!!
26Now it is your turn to introduce yourself Now it is your turn to introduce yourself! Tell us your name, then tell us 2 true things about yourself and 1 fib. The class and I are going to guess which one is the fib.