Presentation on theme: "1. Rotate the top view of the hood using the green (or red) Protractor, and the front view using the blue tool."— Presentation transcript:
1. Rotate the top view of the hood using the green (or red) Protractor, and the front view using the blue tool.
2. THIS IS SUPER IMPORTANT…use push/pull to make front of hood area come out just a tiny amount…BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE!!!
3. Group the two hood views and move them together, again scaling the front view (we’re working off the top view scale, remember?) Notice, I still haven’t saved the project. Don’t do as I do, do as I tell you…
4. Explode the components. 5. Important! Select the edges along the top of top view of hood using the arrow and ctrl key (red), and then click on the follow me tool, then select the area to extrude (blue).
6. You should end up with something like this… 7. Select the entire unit, and make a copy.
8. Now you should have two sections, appearing somewhat like: 9. You will eventually use the left one, after stealing a couple of panels off the right one…this is next.
9. Move the fender to meet the hood at the beginning of the push/pull area. Move the fender towards the center of the truck, just enough for the fender to start moving into the body. Explode the fender and intersect with the hood area.
The two red panels need to be selected and copied onto the hood section with the second follow me cutout. I selected carefully where the lines intersect and make sure I use the same location for dropping the pieces.
You will end up with this…now, erase and cleanup everything you don’t need.
12. Now, make a large rectangle, bring it up to your model where the fender meets the body, and intersect faces, deleting everything that sticks out behind the rectangle.
13. Copy this half of your jeep, scale to -1, and bring back to meet other half. 14. Select everything (triple click), right click and select soften/smooth edges. Select something in the 20-40 range, on the slider pop-up.
15. Draw some lines to separate engine from driver’s feet.