Presentation on theme: "“Discipleship”. Who is our Master? To know that our master is: 1. Brilliant 2. Creative 3. Challenging 4. Fearless 5. Compassionate 6. Unpredictable."— Presentation transcript:
Who is our Master?
To know that our master is: 1. Brilliant 2. Creative 3. Challenging 4. Fearless 5. Compassionate 6. Unpredictable 7. Ultimately satisfying
1. Wilderness is not the end 2. Temptation on the cross 3. Love is the key 4. You lose it, you find it
1. Replace the old with new 2. Gift is gift, not something we deserve 3. Spiritual sickness – hyprocrisy, legalism and pride 4. Only we ourselves can overcome
1. He dares to challenge the rich young man whom he likes 2. Sermon on the mount – offensive 3. He demands people to do the impossibles 4. He has to be the only master
1. He dares to deliver the Beatitudes 2. The Beatitudes upset both the unfortunate ones and the fortunate ones 3. Was Jesus’ fear real? 4. He chose to disclose his identity in front of Herod and Pilate who would kill him
1. Jesus attracts the sinners 2. Jesus ignores the rules of defilement 3. Jesus proclaims a new gospel of grace 4. Jesus proved in person God is not the unmoved Absolute, but the Loving one who draws near
1. He refused to be the expected messiah (people’s, Torah & king) 2. He refused to fall in the temptation 3. He did things unexpected 4. He avoids big shows
1. Jesus is not “boring” and “predictable” 2. Jesus’ message is simple – God’s unconditional love 3. Nobody would deserve that love 4. God’s love extends to us, free of charge, no strings attached
What did Jesus look like when you were young?
Did the image of Jesus to you change over the years?
Do you see any difference between the real Jesus and the Jesus of our expectations?
How should we deal with Jesus when we claim ourselves as Christian?
When facing a question, why did Jesus provide extra information, more than he was asked?
When you get to know more about Jesus, about him being brilliant, creative, challenging, fearless, compassionate, unpredictable and ultimately satisfying, do you think you would choose to live a different life if you have a choice?
Can we be faithful ministers of Christ like Epaphras?