Presentation on theme: "Philippians Ch1 v 9-11 Five Things Paul prays that the Philippians will love them."— Presentation transcript:
Philippians Ch1 v 9-11 Five Things Paul prays that the Philippians will love them
1) Prays for the place of love in their lives (v 9) Let your love “spill over” “make love your aim” - the way of love Love is a working word
2) Prays for “What is best – What is excellent” (10a) Informed love is needed Don’t be sidetracked by the good and miss out on the best Choose what is BEST
3) Prays for integrity (v10b) Be pure and blameless “pure” does it pass the sunshine test (inner- life) “blameless” not cause another to stumble (outer-life) To be upright, honest, good, decent, truthful, fairness
4) Prays for Fruitfulness (v 11a) To be filled “Fruit of righteousness” (justice) To be fruitful You cant bear fruit if you don’t abide in the true vine Pray you may be much fruit
5) Prays for the glory of God ( v 11b) To expect not ourselves Can I do this for God’s glory The seed must be carried out before the shores are brought in I’m growing : the seed of love has been PLANTED God is in his garden – we are his handiwork We are called to become what we are !!
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.