Presentation on theme: "Running Free DSP software Code Explorer under WinXP Requirement: 1.Win98 CD (Bootable Version) 2.VMWare Workstation for Windows V6 Note: This tutorial."— Presentation transcript:
Running Free DSP software Code Explorer under WinXP Requirement: 1.Win98 CD (Bootable Version) 2.VMWare Workstation for Windows V6 Note: This tutorial is verified by Win98 SE (Second Edition)
Part I: Installing VMWare Workstation for Windows V6
1. Double click setup.exe from “VMWare for Windows Workstation V6” 2. Press [Next>]
Note: you might found that the mouse and the screen are not smooth, this will be fixed later. 17. The Win98n installation will start. Please follow the instructions from the installation window. (Keep pressing [Next] and use [Default] selection until installation complete. Nothing special during the installation)
18. When the installation prompt you to reboot (2 nd time), remember to select [Boot from Hard Disk]
19. Win98 Logo will appear in your VMWare screen.
20. For the 3 rd time restart, also select [Boot from Hard Disk]
21. No need to setup password for user account. Press [OK] button.
22. After 3 times of reboot, you will see Win98 installed in VMware. Remove the win98 CD from your CDROM drive Note: Again, you might found that the mouse and screen is not smooth. We are going to fix now.
23. Press [ctrl]+[alt] to switch outside of Win98 environment. Select [Install VMWare tools…] from the menu bar.
10. Connect parallel port to your PC. Power on the CIC-500. To PC printer port To power adaptor
11. You will see LED P63 is [ON]. If the LED63 is not ON, remove the jumper J6, wait 2 sec, and place it back until you see LED turns ON. ON Note: The action of removing jumper and placing it back is to select different FPGA program resides in SEEPROM (U5). For detail introduction, please refer to the user manual.
15. Browse [systest.obj] from C:\demos\mathtst folder, as shown below.
16. Press RUN to execute the [System Test] program.
(1) The 4-digit 7-segment display shows the patterns from 0000 to PPPP sequentially and repeatedly. (2) The LEDs DR0-DR6 should indicate the data set by the switches sw1-sw7 when the 4-digit 7-segment display counts to PPPP. 17. When the program is executed: Counting Setting Data Data Indicator
Using Code Explorer to perform DSP experiment under WIN98 -- Confirmed.
Part V: Clone Virtual Machine (including win98+Code Explorer) to another PC For the convenient sake, we call the original PC = PC1 the target PC = PC2
1. In PC1, select [Clone this virtual machine] PC1
4. Select [Create a full clone] and press [Next>] PC1
5. a. Insert a USB drive in PC1 (for example: drive H:\) b. Type [Windows 98] for Virtual machine name c. Type [H:\My Virtual Machines\Windows 98] for Location d. Press [Next>]
PC1 6. Press [Close] and Remove your USB Drive
PC2 7. Install VMWare Workstation in PC2 (please refer to slide3 ~ slide11). After installation complete, the screen of PC2 will be same as shown below.
8. Insert your USB drive to PC2 and COPY the whole folder [My virtual machines] located at your USB drive to PC2 [C:\My virtual machines]. After complete, remove your USB Drive from PC2. (USB Drive) PC2
9. Back to VMware window in PC2, select [Open Existing VM or Team] PC2