Presentation on theme: "To know and understand why we study RS. To analyse the benefits of studying RS. Learning Objective:"— Presentation transcript:
To know and understand why we study RS. To analyse the benefits of studying RS. Learning Objective:
What do YOU think about Religious Studies? Write your opinion on a post- it note and stick it to the display board at the back of the room. Your comments will be discussed later in the lesson!
* Your name * RS (Religious Studies) * Your teacher’s name * Your Tutor Group On the front of your book:
In olden times children only learnt about Christianity. They sat in silence and learnt about the bible. In some schools they still do! Watch me!
* Where do we come from? * Why does suffering exist? * The Meaning of Life’ * Is there a God?’ * Science and Religion – Answering Different Questions?’ * Big Bang Theory and Genesis * Creationism vs Evolution.
* The Big Beliefs’ - Introduction to the Six Major Religions. ISLAM SIKHISM BUDDHISM JUDAISM CHRISTIANITY HINDUISM
* Christianity: The world’s largest Religion * Where did the Bible come from? What use is it? * Jesus – Did he exist? Miracles; Parables; Messiah; Crucifixion and Resurrection.
1) In pairs, complete read the sheet and complete the questions. 2) Be prepared to explain your answers to the class!
To know and understand why we study RS. To analyse the benefits of studying RS. Objective?
To know and understand why we study RS. To analyse the benefits of studying RS. Did we meet our Objective?:
Have you changed your mind about your POST-IT opinion from the start of the lesson? Why?
What you would like to learn about in RS? Write your ideas down in groups Hand your paper in!