We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byWillow Chinery
Modified over 2 years ago
C-Scope Unit 3 Lessons 1-4 Vocabulary Review South America
1. Who were the people who lived in the Andes highlands and spoke the Inca language? Quechua
2. What is the area where people and goods move across borders without being taxed called? Free Trade Zone
3. Which term means to settle a colony or colonies? Colonization
4. Who was the President of Peru? Alberto Fujimori
5. What is the movement of many people from the countryside to cities called? Urbanization
6. Which term means to overcome or subdue by force, as in war? Conquest
7. What is warfare characterized by small groups using surprise attacks? Guerilla Warfare
8. Which term describes a dense evergreen forest occupying a tropical region with at least 100 inches of rainfall per year? Rainforest
9. Which term means “all of the Americas”? Pan-American
10. What is a fertile region in a desert that formed around a river or spring called? Oasis
11. Which term refers to the dampness of the air? Humidity
12. Who was a Spanish soldier, who defeated the Inca ruler, Atahualpa, & claimed the land for Spain? Francisco Pizarro
13. Which term refers to a current in the Pacific Ocean that results from changes in air pressure & causes severe rain & flooding? El Nino
14. What is a famous Brazilian holiday? Carnival
15. What ancient civilization of South America built their cities high in the Andes & built “Machu Picchu”? The Incas
16. Which general led the fight for independence in northern South America? Simon Bolivar
17. What is the capital of Brazil? Brasilia
18. What is an increase in the price of goods or services called? Inflation
19. What are the two largest cities in Brazil? Sao Paulo Rio de Janeiro
20. Which general led the fight for independence in southern South America? Jose de San Martin
IndependenceBrazil Peru Economy & Culture Vocab/Ter ms
What term means a general increase in the price of goods and services? peace inflation city.
South America Study Guide Review. Pizarro Spanish explorer who landed on the western coast of S.A. and conquered the Inca with horses, guns, 200 soldiers.
Key Words 1. Capital city 2. Andes mountains 3. Mexico and Central America 4. Maya ballgame 5. Atacama Desert 6. Glyph writing 7. Empire 8. Maya calendar.
Addition 1’s to
Addition Facts = = =
Ch. 10-3: Spanish Speaking South America Objective: Identify key events in the colonization of South America.
$1 Million $500,000 $250,000 $125,000 $64,000 $32,000 $16,000 $8,000 $4,000 $2,000 $1,000 $500 $300 $200 $100 Welcome.
WEEK 1 You have 10 seconds to name…
SPANISH-SPEAKING SOUTH AMERICA. ANDES MOUNTAINS Part of a chain of mountains that run through North, Central and South America Rocky Mountains, Sierra.
Test B, 100 Subtraction Facts
CHAPTER 9: SOUTH AMERICA From the wettest jungle to the driest desert…South America has it all!
UNIT #3 – LATIN AMERICA Vocabulary 3.2 (Part B) Human Features of Latin America.
Cinco de Mayo What Do You Know? 1.Cinco de Mayo is celebrated each year on __________. a.May 5.
Chapter 16 Atlantic South America 6 th Grade Social Studies Hodnicki.
4,500 miles along west coast of South America They rise at some points to 20,000 feet—same height as twenty 100 story buildings stacked on top of each.
MULT. INTEGERS 1. IF THE SIGNS ARE THE SAME THE ANSWER IS POSITIVE 2. IF THE SIGNS ARE DIFFERENT THE ANSWER IS NEGATIVE.
Eugene Tran. Geography. Form 7 “C”. ‘ZHEKA’s Lab!. Begin!!!
Section 3 Spanish Colonies and Independence. Conquistadores Spanish conquerors during the era of colonization in the Americas.
SPANISH SPEAKING SOUTH AMERICA. HISTORY 1. The Andes Mountains is the cultural hearth for the Incas 2. Pizarro, a Spanish Conquistador conquered the Incan.
Human Geography of Latin America.
CHAPTER 12 SECTION 2 HISTORY & CULTURE. BR #3 (PGS ) 1) Who were the Chibcha? 2) What were 4 contributions of the Incas, some of which can still.
SUBTRACTING INTEGERS 1. CHANGE THE SUBTRACTION SIGN TO ADDITION 2. TAKE THE INVERSE OF THE SECOND NUMBER 3. FOLLOW THE RULES FOR ADDITION 4. ADD THE OPPOSITE.
Unit 3 Latin America. Regions of Latin America 1) Middle or Central America; including Mexico 2) Caribbean (West Indies) 3) South America.
LATIN AMERICA. I I. LATIN AMERICAN GEOGRAPHY A - ALL THE LAND SOUTH OF THE U. S. 2- Central America Between Mexico South America.
European Conquests By the late 1400s Spanish explorers arrived in the Americas.
The Andes and the Pampas Chapter 6.1 p Physical Features The Andes is the longest mountain range in the world. Pacific Ocean is on the west.
25 seconds left….. 24 seconds left….. 23 seconds left…..
1 10 pt 15 pt 20 pt 25 pt 5 pt 10 pt 15 pt 20 pt 25 pt 5 pt 10 pt 15 pt 20 pt 25 pt 5 pt 10 pt 15 pt 20 pt 25 pt 5 pt 10 pt 15 pt 20 pt 25 pt 5 pt HistoryCultureGov’t/Econ.Geography.
1.Most countries of Latin America were colonized by… (Hint: What language do most people of Latin America speak?)
DIVIDING INTEGERS 1. IF THE SIGNS ARE THE SAME THE ANSWER IS POSITIVE 2. IF THE SIGNS ARE DIFFERENT THE ANSWER IS NEGATIVE.
Latin America Review Geography Early Civs & trade Liberators Gov & Econ ETC. Q $100 Q $200 Q $300 Q $400 Q $500 Q $100 Q $200 Q $300 Q $400 Q $500 Final.
South America Team 4 Geography. South America Venezuela, Columbia, Suriname, Guyana, French Guiana, Brazil, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Argentina, Chile,
Cinco de Mayo What Do You Know?. 1.Cinco de Mayo is celebrated each year on __________. a.May 5 b.May 6 c.March 5 d.March 6.
ID- Major Campaigns of the Mexican War (p 383) Summary 1- How is the map of the United States different than today? –No CA, NV, AZ, NM, UT, CO, and ½ of.
SS6H1 Describe the impact of European contact on Latin America SS6H2 Explain the development of Latin America and the Caribbean from European colonies.
Lesson 1. Explain how geographic features and climate have influenced where people live Identify on a map where each of the Latin American countries are.
Mexico – Early Civilizations Originally occupied by the Toltecs, Maya (Yucatan Peninsula), and the Aztecs Aztecs lived in Tenochtitlan (present-day Mexico.
Independence in South America Native Americans rebelled against the Spanish rule in the 1700s. In the 1800s Creoles sparked a widespread drive for independence.
© Mark E. Damon - All Rights Reserved Another Presentation © All rights Reserved
Peru By: Roberto Martinez. Physical Geography Location- located at the west of South America, along the Pacific Ocean. Regions-Peru is separated into.
Chapter 8 History and Cultures of Latin America. Olmec of Southern Mexico 1 st civilization in Latin America 1500 B.C. to 300 B.C. Each Olmec city focused.
Latin America SOL Review. What mountain range is found in Mexico?
On a separate sheet of paper, answer the following questions about the video, Brazil’s Rising Star. This assignment is worth 10 points. You have 15 minutes.
Ch. 10—South America. A. 2 Divisions of South America=Spanish- Speaking South America (exceptions: Suriname [Dutch Speaking] and French Guiana [Territory.
Latin America Unit 5 Review. NAFTA Economic Alliance between the USA, Mexico, and Canada (free trade zone)
© S Haughton more than 3?
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.