We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byWillow Chinery
Modified over 4 years ago
C-Scope Unit 3 Lessons 1-4 Vocabulary Review South America
1. Who were the people who lived in the Andes highlands and spoke the Inca language? Quechua
2. What is the area where people and goods move across borders without being taxed called? Free Trade Zone
3. Which term means to settle a colony or colonies? Colonization
4. Who was the President of Peru? Alberto Fujimori
5. What is the movement of many people from the countryside to cities called? Urbanization
6. Which term means to overcome or subdue by force, as in war? Conquest
7. What is warfare characterized by small groups using surprise attacks? Guerilla Warfare
8. Which term describes a dense evergreen forest occupying a tropical region with at least 100 inches of rainfall per year? Rainforest
9. Which term means “all of the Americas”? Pan-American
10. What is a fertile region in a desert that formed around a river or spring called? Oasis
11. Which term refers to the dampness of the air? Humidity
12. Who was a Spanish soldier, who defeated the Inca ruler, Atahualpa, & claimed the land for Spain? Francisco Pizarro
13. Which term refers to a current in the Pacific Ocean that results from changes in air pressure & causes severe rain & flooding? El Nino
14. What is a famous Brazilian holiday? Carnival
15. What ancient civilization of South America built their cities high in the Andes & built “Machu Picchu”? The Incas
16. Which general led the fight for independence in northern South America? Simon Bolivar
17. What is the capital of Brazil? Brasilia
18. What is an increase in the price of goods or services called? Inflation
19. What are the two largest cities in Brazil? Sao Paulo Rio de Janeiro
20. Which general led the fight for independence in southern South America? Jose de San Martin
$1 Million $500,000 $250,000 $125,000 $64,000 $32,000 $16,000 $8,000 $4,000 $2,000 $1,000 $500 $300 $200 $100 Welcome.
Jeopardy Q 1 Q 6 Q 11 Q 16 Q 21 Q 2 Q 7 Q 12 Q 17 Q 22 Q 3 Q 8 Q 13
Cinco de Mayo What Do You Know? 1.Cinco de Mayo is celebrated each year on __________. a.May 5.
Cinco de Mayo What Do You Know?. 1.Cinco de Mayo is celebrated each year on __________. a.May 5 b.May 6 c.March 5 d.March 6.
0 - 0.
DIVIDING INTEGERS 1. IF THE SIGNS ARE THE SAME THE ANSWER IS POSITIVE 2. IF THE SIGNS ARE DIFFERENT THE ANSWER IS NEGATIVE.
ADDING INTEGERS 1. POS. + POS. = POS. 2. NEG. + NEG. = NEG. 3. POS. + NEG. OR NEG. + POS. SUBTRACT TAKE SIGN OF BIGGER ABSOLUTE VALUE.
SUBTRACTING INTEGERS 1. CHANGE THE SUBTRACTION SIGN TO ADDITION
MULT. INTEGERS 1. IF THE SIGNS ARE THE SAME THE ANSWER IS POSITIVE 2. IF THE SIGNS ARE DIFFERENT THE ANSWER IS NEGATIVE.
© S Haughton more than 3?
Addition 1’s to 20.
25 seconds left…...
1.What is the name of the movement dedicated to establishing a Jewish homeland? 2. What city is holy to Islam, Judaism, and Christianity? 3. Where was.
Why is Latin America Known as Latin America?
Test B, 100 Subtraction Facts
ID- Major Campaigns of the Mexican War (p 383) Summary 1- How is the map of the United States different than today? –No CA, NV, AZ, NM, UT, CO, and ½ of.
South America is the fourth largest continent. It is connected to North America by a thin strip of land. It covers almost 7 million square miles. It lies.
© 2018 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.