We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byJaeden Shearn
Modified over 4 years ago
WORDSKILLS – LESSON 2
1. bi – two Bicycle – a vehicle with two wheels & pedals Bifocal – eyeglasses with two parts in each lens
2. co – together, with Compose – to create by putting parts together Corroborate – to confirm by comparing with someone else’s story
3. demi – half Demigod – a being that is half god & half human Demiplie – ballet position where the dancer bends knees halfway
4. dys – bad, poorly Dysfunction – poorly functioning Dyslexia – developmental disorder which leads to poor reading & writing skills
5. eu – good, well Euolgy – a speech of praise & goodness for someone deceased Euphemism – using a gentle term to say something harsh (ex: “Robert passed away” instead of “Robert is dead”)
Because Studied Decide Consequence Exhausted
6. fore – before, first Forefather – a member of a past generation; an ancestor Forecast – predict or estimate future events
7. hyper – above, beyond, over Hyperactive –abnormally or extremely active Hyperbole – extreme exaggeration to make a point
8. hypo – under Hypothermia – the condition of having dangerously low body temperature Hypodermic – relating to the region immediately beneath the skin
9. mega (megal) – large, great Megaphone – a device used to project your voice Megalomania – Obsession with power
10. mono – one, single Monarchy – a form of government where there is one leader-king or queen Monocle – a single eyeglass
Poison Conflict Irony Character Shakespeare
11. neo – new Neolithic – related to the stone age Neophyte – a person who is new to a skill, subject, or belief
12. prim (prin) – first Primary – of the most importance, the original source Prince – the son of a monarch
13. poly – many Polytheism – a belief in many gods Polygon –a shape with many sides
14. quasi – having likeness, resembling Quasistellar – object resembling the stars Quasisuccessful – having gained success
15. semi – half Semicircle –half of a circle Semifinal – a game or round immediately before the final
1. Successful 2. Disease 3. Brief 4. Deceive 5. Struggle
1 TITLE OF THE ARTICLE Author (Institution) Co-Author (Institution) .
Folktales Tall Tale Legend Myth Fable. Traditional Literature- Fable The characters are usually animals that have human qualities. One animal usually.
2 Peter 1. 2 Peter 1 The word know or knowledge is used at least thirteen times in this short letter. The word does not mean a mere intellectual understanding.
Slide 1 Insert your own content. Slide 2 Insert your own content.
Combining Like Terms. Only combine terms that are exactly the same!! Whats the same mean? –If numbers have a variable, then you can combine only ones.
Breakfast and Snacks Around the World A Family and Consumer Science Project Created by:
Jeopardy Q 1 Q 6 Q 11 Q 16 Q 21 Q 2 Q 7 Q 12 Q 17 Q 22 Q 3 Q 8 Q 13
Jeopardy Q 1 Q 2 Q 3 Q 4 Q 5 Q 6Q 16Q 11Q 21 Q 7Q 12Q 17Q 22 Q 8Q 13Q 18 Q 23 Q 9 Q 14Q 19Q 24 Q 10Q 15Q 20Q 25 Final Jeopardy Literature Terms I.
0 - 0.
The Craft of Revision Inside of a Personal Narrative
SUBTRACTING INTEGERS 1. CHANGE THE SUBTRACTION SIGN TO ADDITION
MULT. INTEGERS 1. IF THE SIGNS ARE THE SAME THE ANSWER IS POSITIVE 2. IF THE SIGNS ARE DIFFERENT THE ANSWER IS NEGATIVE.
Teacher Name Class / Subject Date A:B: Write an answer here #1 Write your question Here C:D: Write an answer here.
CS4026 Formal Models of Computation Running Haskell Programs – power.
WARNING! FIREFIGHTERS ARE FREQUENTLY INJURIED OR KILLED WHEN
Bell Ringer #5: (A) 4/21 & (B) 4/22 Imagine that someone you love has been absent from home for many years. What might that person think or feel when they.
Wedding Clothes. Matthew 22:1-10 A King prepares a wedding banquet for his son. Some are invited but refuse to come. Those invited are more concerned.
5.9 + = 10 a)3.6 b)4.1 c)5.3 Question 1: Good Answer!! Well Done!! = 10 Question 1:
© 2018 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.