2Sine qua non of salvation Affirms godly blessings Instills wisdom The Word of God – Part 2Sine qua non of salvationAffirms godly blessingsInstills wisdomMentorsCommands our attentionPowerfulEnduringSpiritually discernedRevives
3Promotes spiritual growth Testifies as Jesus Used falsely The Word of God – Part 2Promotes spiritual growthTestifies as JesusUsed falselyWeapon against SatanInvokes the Holy SpiritYields faithGives hopeReveals Truth
4Previously on the Word of God – Part 1 Sine Qua Non of SalvationRom 10:14,17 How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? …So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.1 Cor 1:21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
5Previously on the Word of God – Part 1 Affirms Godly BlessingLuke 11:28 But He said, “On the contrary, blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe it.”James 1:15 But one who looks intently at the perfect law, the law of liberty, and abides by it, not having become a forgetful hearer but an effectual doer, this man will be blessed in what he does.Psalm 119:1 How blessed are those whose way is blameless, who walk in the law of the Lord.
6Previously on the Word of God – Part 1 Instills WisdomPsalm 19:7 The law of the Lord is perfect, restoring the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.Psalm 119:133 Establish my footsteps in Your word, and do not let any iniquity have dominion over me.Hebrews 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.
7Previously on the Word of God – Part 1 Mentors2 Tim 3:16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness.Heb 4:12 For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
8Previously on the Word of God – Part 1 Commands Our Attention2 Tim 2:15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.
93. Spiritually Discerned 4. Revives 5. Promotes Spiritual Growth The Word of God – Part 21. Powerful2. Enduring3. Spiritually Discerned4. Revives5. Promotes Spiritual Growth6. Testifies as Jesus
10There is power in the Word of God, not in our words 1. PowerfulThere is power in the Word of God, not in our wordsIsaiah 55:11 So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; it will not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.Eph 6: 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.Jer 23:29 Is not My word like fire? declares the Lord, and like a hammer which shatters a rock?
111. PowerfulHeb 4:12 For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.1 Thess 2:13 For this reason we also constantly thank God that when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men, but for what it really is, the word of God, which also performs its work in you who believe.
12Firmly established, withstands all scrutiny 2. EnduringFirmly established, withstands all scrutiny1 Peter 1:23 for you have been born again not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and enduring word of God.1 Peter 1:25 But the word of the Lord endures forever. And this is the word which was preached to you.Isaiah 40:8 The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever.Psalm 119:89 Forever, O Lord, Your word is settled in heaven.
132. EnduringPsalm 119:160 The sum of Your word is truth, and every one of Your righteous ordinances is everlastingMark 13:31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is tested …2 Sam 22:31 As for God, His way is blameless; the word of the Lord is tested …Psalm 18:30 As for God, His way is blameless; the word of the Lord is tried …
141 Thess 2:13 …the word of God, which also performs its work in you who believe.
153. Spiritually Discerned Discernment requires an abiding Holy SpiritJohn 5:38 You do not have His word abiding in you, for you do not believe Him whom He sent.John 8:43 Why do you not understand what I am saying ? It is because you cannot hear My word.John 8:47 He who is of God hears the words of God; for this reason you do not hear them, because you are not of God.Romans 8:7 because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so
163. Spiritually Discerned 1 Cor For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God, which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words.
173. Spiritually Discerned 1 Cor 2 14 But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.
181 Thess 2:13 …the word of God, which also performs its work in you who believe.
19Critical to our spiritual health 4. RevivesCritical to our spiritual healthMatthew 4:4 But He answered and said, “It is written, Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.”Psalm 119:25 My soul cleaves to the dust; revive me according to Your word.Psalm 119:28 My soul weeps because of grief; strengthen me according to Your wordPsalm 119:50 This is my comfort in my affliction, that Your word has revived me.
204. RevivesPsalm 119:93 I will never forget Your precepts, for by them You have revived me.Psalm 119:107 I am exceedingly afflicted; revive me, O Lord, according to Your word.Psalm 119:154 Plead my cause and redeem me; revive me according to Your word.Psalm 119:170 Let my supplication come before You; deliver me according to Your word.Psalm 19:7 The law of the Lord is perfect, restoring the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.
211 Thess 2:13 …the word of God, which also performs its work in you who believe.
225. Promotes Spiritual Growth Critical for our spiritual growth1 Peter 2:2 Like newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the word, so that by it you may grow in respect to salvation,Psalm 119:130 The unfolding of Your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple1 Timothy 4:6 In pointing out these things to the brethren, you will be a good servant of Christ Jesus, constantly nourished on the words of the faith and of the sound doctrine which you have been following.
235. Promotes Spiritual Growth Hebrews 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.John 17:17 Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth.Luke 8:15 But the seed in the good soil, these are the ones who have heard the word in an honest and good heart, and hold it fast, and bear fruit with perseverance.
241 Thess 2:13 …the word of God, which also performs its work in you who believe.
25Jesus is the Word 6. Testifies as Jesus John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.John 5:39 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me.
266. Testifies as Jesus1 John 1:1 What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of LifeRevelation 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.
271 Thess 2:13 …the word of God, which also performs its work in you who believe.
283. Spiritually Discerned 4. Revives 5. Promotes Spiritual Growth The Word of God – Part 21. Powerful2. Enduring3. Spiritually Discerned4. Revives5. Promotes Spiritual Growth6. Testifies as Jesus