11._____________ [ 5fAntEsi ]n. 幻想 12._____________ [ brAnd ] n. 商标；牌子 13._____________ [ iks5perimEnt ] n. 实验； 试验 14._____________ [ Ed5vB:ns ] vi. 前进 15._____________ [ vRlEn5tIE ] n. 志愿者；志愿 兵 16._____________ [ tek5ni:k ] n. 技术 17._____________[ 5FQtl ] n. 往返汽车；航天飞机 18._____________ [ 5kri:tFE ] n. 人；动物 19._____________[ 5dVQN^l ] n. 丛林 20._____________ [ trAns5leitE ] n. 翻译者 translator fantasy brand experiment advance volunteer technique shuttle creature jungle
二、单词运用根据句子的结构和意义，在空格处填入 一个恰当的单词，或者用括号中所给词的适当形式填空。 1. Some parks are so large that the traveler have to take a ________from one part to another. 2. She made the children glad in __________ ways. 3. She blushed to a_______ that he did it. 4. To echo the International Year of Volunteers 2001 proclaimed by the United Nations, promotional v___________ programs and activities were held throughout the year. shuttle various admit volunteer
5. Generally, the clothes sold at the unique sports goods stores are famous b ______ clothes, such as Nike and Puma. They are world famous brands 6. She has an __________ ( 运动员的 )figure( 身材 ). 7. Modern ______________( 设备 ) makes it possible to do things fast and well. ． 8. The __________( 主题 )of the poem is love and peace. 9. Why not take one as a ___________ ( 纪念品 )? 10. We welcome foreign investment and advanced ____________( 技术 ). brand technique athletic equipment Theme souvenir
三、词语派生 用括号中所给词的适当形式填空。 1. To the _______________ (amuse) of us, the little boy made a face. 2. Compared with the _____________(advance) countries, although China is still at an elementary stage, it is advancing rapidly. 3. What's the _____________(admit) charge of the football match? 4. Mr. Baron de Coubertin wrote the oath for the athletes, and a famous ______________(athletic) from the host country will read that out. 5 ． We need a _____________ （ various ） of food to provide us with rich nutrition. amusement advanced admission athlete variety
6 ． The adventurous story is a ________(fantastic). 7 ． He is both a writer and a___________ (translate) 8 ． As long as you've paid in advance we won't_____________( charge) you for delivery. 9 ． Old accounts say the ancient gods themselves guided Iceland's first ____________(settle) to make his home in Reykiavík. 10 ． Who do you think is better by ____________ (compare)? fantasy translator charge settler comparison
四、词组互译 将下列词组或短语译成中文或英文。 1.a variety of _______________ 2. be based on ________________ 3. along with ________________ 4. take a journey_______________ 5. be involved in______________ 6.charge money______________ 收费 各种各样 以 …… 为基础 一起；连同 旅游 ; 去 …… 牵涉；参与
7. 复活 ___________________ 8. 靠近 ____________________ 9. 试验 ____________________ 10. 以 … 命名 ________________ 11. 盈利 ___________________ 12. 满足需要 ________________ come to life get close to try out name after make a profit meet one’s need
五、词组运用 词组填空 根据句子提供的语境，从第四大题中选一个 适当的词组并用其适当的形式填空。 1. The Washington D.C ___________________ President Washington. 2. He takes an active part in ________________ activities in school. 3. This movie ______________ a novel written by Lu Xun. 4. Mary ________________her family went to England last week.. along with is named after a variety of is based on
翻译填空 根据汉语意思，从上述短语中选一个恰当的 词组完成句子。 5. The king wished that he might _________________ ( 复活 ) sometime after his death. 6. They are going to ______________________( 去 ) the figures for me? 7. More than 1,000 people __________________( 参与 ) the project yesterday. were involved in come to life take a journey / trip
句子翻译 从上述短语中选择恰当的短语翻译下列句子。 8 ．打雷时不要靠近电器。 9 ．你卖房子赚了钱吗 ? 10 ．为了满足同学们的需要, 老师带了许多书来。 To meet the needs of the students, the teacher brought a lot of books for them to read. Don’t get close to electrical appliance while there thunder. Did you make a profit on your house when you sold it?
六、介词填空 在下列空格处填入一个适当的介词。 1. The film A World Without Thieves is based _____ a novel of the same name. 2. Parents should involve themselves _____ their children’s education. 3. we are afraid _____ getting close _______ our head teacher because he is serious. 4. She charged me ________ neglecting my duty. 5. As long as you paid _____ advance, we won’t charge you for delivery. on in of to with in
1. theme: e.g. The theme for tonight’s talk is education. They played the theme song of the famous film. Language points a main subject or idea
2. fun: have fun: enjoy oneself 尽情地玩 for fun: for pleasure 为了娱乐 a lot of / much / no fun 有趣 / 没趣 (be) in fun 在开玩笑 The little cat is full of fun. It’s no fun spending the weekend doing nothing. enjoyment; pleasure (U)
3. more than 在本句意为 “ 不仅仅是 ……; 不只是 ……” This book is more than a grammar. 这不只是本语法书。 另外, more than happy/glad/willing, etc (to do sth) 表示 “ 非常乐意 ( 做某事 )” 。 We are more than happy to show you around Beijing. 我非常乐意带你到北京到处看看。
4.various 不同的，各种各样的 There are various colors to choose from. 从这里到车站有各种不同的走法。 There are various ways of getting to the stations from here.
variety n. 变化，多样性，种类 The shopping center sells a variety of goods. 在学校里我们学习各种东西。 At school we learn a variety of things. She made the children glad _________________ ( 用各种方法 ). in a variety of ways
5. As you wander around the fantasy amusement park, you may see Snow White or Mickey Mouse in a parade or on the street. 当你在梦幻乐园漫步时，你可能会在 游行队伍中或者街上看到白雪公主或 米老鼠。
1) wander (v.): to walk slowly across or around an area, usually without a clear direction or purpose 漫步；徘徊 We wandered around the shopping area for two hours. 我们在这个购物区逛了两小时。 She doesn’t like wandering the streets aimlessly. 她 不喜欢在大街上毫无目的地闲逛。
2) amusement (n.) n. 消遣，娱乐 ( 活动 ) China’s Cultural Theme Park offers its visitors all kinds of amusement. To her great amusement the actor’s wig( 假发 ) fell off.
amuse oneself 消遣，自我娱乐 The children amused themselves by playing hide-and-seek games. 翻译：她读侦探 (detective) 小说消遣。 She amused herself by reading detective stories
6. With all these attractions, no wonder tourism is increasing wherever there is a Disneyland. 有这么多引人入胜的东西，难怪哪 里有迪斯尼乐园，哪里的旅游业就 会发展。
no wonder: used to say that you are not surprised by something 难怪；不足为 奇 ( 特别用于口语中 ) No wonder you’ve got a headache – you drank so much wine. 你喝了那么多酒，难怪你头疼。
This is their first time to Beijing – no wonder the children are so excited. 这是他们第一次到北京，难怪这些孩 子们这么高兴。
wherever (conj. & adv.): to or at any place, position or situation 无论哪里； 无论什么情况下 She is followed by that person wherever she goes. 无 论她去哪里, 那个人都跟着她。 You can sit wherever you want. 你想坐哪里就坐哪里。
类似用法的还有 whichever, whatever, whenever, whomever 等。 It has the same result whichever way you do it. 不管你怎么做, 结果都一样。 Take whichever you want. 你 想拿哪个就拿哪个。
Whatever I have also belongs to you. 我所有的一切也属于你的。 Whatever happens, I’ll always be on your side. 不管发生什么事, 我总会站在你一边的。
1. experience: Tell me what you’ve experienced there. Getting caught in the flood was an experience. (v&n) to suffer or feel (n.) knowledge of skills from practice have experience in sth./doing sth. have much/ a lot of experience learn from experience Explanation
experienced (adj.) 有经验的 be/ get/become experienced at/in… He is much experienced in teaching.
2. up-to-date: This factory uses the most up-to-date methods to make machines. out of date 过时的, 废弃的 up to the minute 最现代的, 最时新的 date from / back to… 追溯到 ; 开始于 It was a modern factory-everything was really up to date. (adj.) modern 新近的, 现代 的, 新式的
Your out-of-date methods should be given up at once. 3. hands-on The computer course includes plenty of hands-on training. hand on 传递 hand in /out 交上, 交付 / 分发, 施舍 hand over 移交 (adj.) 注重实践的
3. Write out the original words. unchangeable adj _______ dislike v __________ impossibility n _________ unfriendly adj__________ overwork v ______________ misunderstanding n ____________ athletic adj______________ misread v ________ translator n _____________ change like possible friend look understand athlete read translate
4. Fill the table with the different forms of the words. NounverbAdjectiveAdverb amusementamuseamusingamusingly admit imagine settle equip attract admissionadmissibleadmissibly imaginationimaginativeimaginatively settlementsettled equipmentequipped attractionattractiveattractively
Task 2: Grammar: 1. compounding: Word formation Find the compound nouns in the reading passage
Compound word with a hyphen Compound word put together Compound words separated free-fall, old-fashioned, steam-engine whichever, whatever, wherever, southeastern, indoor, outdoor, craftsmen, horseback roller coaster
1. 合成名词 (1) n+n air conditioner 空调 blood pressure 血压 income tax 所得税 credit card 信用卡 (2) adj + n central bank 中央银行 fast food 快餐 Compound
solar system 太阳系 remote control 遥控 (3) v-ing + 另一词 washing machine 洗衣机 driving license 驾驶执照 (4) 其他方式 by-product 副产品 editor-in-chief 主编
Derivation: 1) 前缀 : (1) dis-: disagree, dislike, disappear (2) in-(il-, im-, ir-): incorrect, impossible, irregular, (3) un-: unhappy, unable, unfit, add letters to the beginning or the end of a word.
Conversion: (1) v—n : (2) n—v : (3) adj—v: (4) adv—v: Task 3: change the part of speech of a word. charge (v)—charge (n) hand (n)—hand (v) clean (adj)—clean (v) down (adv)—down (v) Exercises 2&3 (P36) Exercises 1&2 (P71)
1. Make compound words after the models. A: part, long, passer, film, short, well, cold, baby, get, low, world B: by, known, time, maker, wave, famous, sitter, term, together, lying, blooded Model: part + time = part-time Practice
2. Fill in the blanks with the words above. 1) It’s a good idea to start a _________ job to make extra money. 2) It’s necessary to use a __________ radio to pick up the program. 3) Walt Disney, the great __________, was born in Chicago in 1901. part-time short-wave film-maker
4) The Dead Sea is very _________, at around 395 meters below sea level. 5) We’re having a little ___________ to celebrate his birthday. 6) They often perform in the streets for the _________. 7) I’m sure you will be __________ soon. low-lying get-together passers-by well-known
3. Make compound words after the models. Model: bed + clothes = bedclothes A: book, boy, sea, fire, over, under, friend, sun, how, court, day, wide B: mark, side, burnt, friend, light, yard, fighter, fighter, ground, coat, ship, spread
1) The fire lasted about 4 hours before the __________ could control it. 2) At school she formed a close _________ with several other girls. 3) They decide to spend their holiday at the _______. 4) He put on a hat and ________ before he went out. firefighters friendship 4. Fill in the blanks with the words above. seaside overcoat
5). Lucy enjoys travelling by ____________. That’s how she goes to work every day. 6). The children are playing happily in the _________. underground courtyard
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.